• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Devil's Footwear

Article says the art group also did "Jesus shoes" in 2019 with holy water or somesuch. Did those get protested?

Article says the art group also did "Jesus shoes" in 2019 with holy water or somesuch. Did those get protested?
Given how christian a lot of the US is they probably loved those as much as they will hate the 'satan shoes' i can foresee plenty of this sort of thing :p

hqdefault.jpg

This place doesn't use generalisations to bash religious groups - fair enough to go for specifics, supported by evidence.

Frides

I wondered if there was a pun or hidden meaning in the thread title. Seems not. Should be footwear, surely! :yellowc:

Are these trainers guaranteed to smell mephitic, fresh from the box? Saves gangsters nicking them off each other's feet. :oops:

I wonder what would happen if you wore a Jesus shoe on one foot and a Satan shoe on the other?

I assume Jesus shoes lets you walk on water and Satan shoes lets you walk on fire.

"Nonentity gets cheap publicity."

"Nonentity sued by huge entity: gets more publicity."

"Nonentity makes grovelling apology: gets more publicity."

"Nonentity invited to appear on numerous chat shows to repeat apology; uses opportunity to publicise his next venture."

Rinse and repeat.

maximus otter

"Nonentity gets cheap publicity."

"Nonentity sued by huge entity: gets more publicity."

"Nonentity makes grovelling apology: gets more publicity."

"Nonentity invited to appear on numerous chat shows to repeat apology; uses opportunity to publicise his next venture."

Rinse and repeat.

maximus otter

Agreed.

And just dawned on me...we are all thinking about this and discussing it.

Darn.

:meh:

Back