The DMT Entities

INT21

Antediluvian
Reaction score
...been unable to locate any similar reports in research subjects taking other psychedelics. Only with DMT do people meet up with "them," with other beings in a nonmaterial world. ..

Many people do it every night, when they are asleep and dreaming.

Trippers do not have a monopoly on the weird.

INT21.

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Reaction score
While DMT users apparently see the 'self-replicating machine elves' at high dosages, Ayahuasca users (one of the active ingredients is DMT) supposedly see jaguars and other South American jungle imagery no matter where in the world they take it.

Sabresonic

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
...been unable to locate any similar reports in research subjects taking other psychedelics. Only with DMT do people meet up with "them," with other beings in a nonmaterial world. ..

Many people do it every night, when they are asleep and dreaming.

Trippers do not have a monopoly on the weird.

INT21.
No I find the whole DMT thing interesting as dreams mostly are just a mist mash....but I don't thing I would take DMT unless it's legal and in a can like CBD/THC drinks ;)....if its from the ground its sound.

James_H

Reaction score
No I find the whole DMT thing interesting as dreams mostly are just a mist mash....but I don't thing I would take DMT unless it's legal and in a can like CBD/THC drinks ;)....if its from the ground its sound.
DMT works as an active ingredient in stuff like Ayahuasca and can also be found in many species of acacia. Because of the Various other chemicals in the plants the effects will be quite different and much longer-lasting than pure DMT.

As max says, the 'if it's natural, it can't be harmful' argument falls down pretty quickly as soon as you consider ... Basically any poison. Nature can be deadly.

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Reaction score
That was interesting...takes me back to the days (1990) when I read McKenna's books....(also familiar with Strassman and Pinchbeck.)
I spent a few years in college (1969) investigating altered states...no dmt,,, just lsd, psilocybin, mescaline...I never saw any entities.
But I have a friend who did try dmt about 15 years ago....he said it was very interesting but didn't claim to meet any 'aliens'.
Perhaps it depends on one's expectations and state of mind.
All I can be bothered with these days is a good glass of Bourbon....preferably Blanton's. ;)

Reaction score
From the Wikipedia page on DMT - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N,N-Dimethyltryptamine#Endogenous_DMT

A 2013 study found DMT in microdialysate obtained from a rat's pineal gland, providing evidence of endogenous DMT in the mammalian brain.[96] In 2019 experiments showed that the rat brain is capable of synthesizing and releasing DMT. These results raise the possibility that this phenomenon may occur similarly in human brains.[107]

Could spontaneous production of this substance in the Human brain be a factor behind Tales of Gibbering Insanity?

James_H

Reaction score
This is more commonly cited as either A) we're on DMT when we dream or B) DMT is released when we die (perhaps explaining NDEs). I don't think either claim has been backed up by evidence to date. I remember reading about 'necronauts' in FT in the nineties, folks trying to take voyages to the brink of death and report back what they saw. IIRC they used ketamine and possibly DMT.

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
When you take the first hit it's so powerful that you don't feel the need for any more, McKenna was sure that you had to break through by taking a third hit, and then you get to a weird space he felt it was underground, like a dome underground and then you meet the so called Machine Elves. When I did it years ago I was so shocked by how intense it was I felt another puff was pure madness. But I felt there were indeed 'things' waiting for me but they needed me to take more so they could use the drug as a method to appear, like a spring board to manifestation, that's really the feeling I got.

Interesting stuff but I have zero desire to repeat the experiment, these things seem more interesting when you're younger!

Naughty_Felid

Antediluvian
Reaction score
When you take the first hit it's so powerful that you don't feel the need for any more, McKenna was sure that you had to break through by taking a third hit, and then you get to a weird space he felt it was underground, like a dome underground and then you meet the so called Machine Elves. When I did it years ago I was so shocked by how intense it was I felt another puff was pure madness. But I felt there were indeed 'things' waiting for me but they needed me to take more so they could use the drug as a method to appear, like a spring board to manifestation, that's really the feeling I got.

Interesting stuff but I have zero desire to repeat the experiment, these things seem more interesting when you're younger!
You are spot on. I'm guessing the feeling of being invulnerable plays a big part of it.

I would advise against using this substance from a psychopharmacological perspective.

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
This excerpt of a classic Terrence McKenna talk is highly recommended for those interested in the subject. And it's not one of those annoying YouTube videos with Public Domain type ambient sounds over his voice.