• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The 'Dog Poo Blossom Tree'

Vida Loca

Devoted Cultist
A tree with dog poo bags dangling from its branches has appeared in Burry Port .

The 'dog poo blossom tree', which is in the woodlands where many people walk their dogs, is thought to have appeared in protest at dog fouling in the area.

A number of bags were spotted hanging from the branches of the tree with a framed sign underneath reading: "Dog poo blossom tree. Aesthetically pleasing with a distinctive potent aroma.

"Generally found alongside footpaths in areas of natural beauty."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/dog-poo-bag-tree-appeared-16060934

Most dog walkers in my neighborhood are conscientious about picking up after their best friends.

There are a few, though, who wait for Fido to finish his business, pick up the poo in the bag, knot the bag, and then drop it where they stand. WTF! I supposed they get some credit for making an effort, but they don't seem to be quite clear on the concept.

Time for some intensive re-education in dog poo boot camp.

I agree Frasier and I think this stunt is a novel way to create awareness.

Most dog walkers in my neighborhood are conscientious about picking up after their best friends.

There are a few, though, who wait for Fido to finish his business, pick up the poo in the bag, knot the bag, and then drop it where they stand. WTF! I supposed they get some credit for making an effort, but they don't seem to be quite clear on the concept.

Time for some intensive re-education in dog poo boot camp.
Same in our area, so much so that it's become part of the manifesto for a local woman I'm just about to vote in for our area. I've even seen in other town's trees dog poo bags hanging off branches, there used to be one along the canal in Burton On Trent.

There is a lady who lives just around the corner from me. Every day she comes shuffling past my house and lets her dog poo on the pavement and shuffles back the way she came. I would tell her off and to pick it up but, for one thing. I also caught her in my front garden once, pulling the flowers off a rose bush and eating them! When I challenged her she broke down in a flood of tears. She blustered her way out of the gate and disappeared. She still lets the dog do his business on the pavement but, I just go out with my own poo bag now because I reckon she might be a broken person and don`t know any better.

A few years ago in Worthing - one of the parks had a dog poo issue. The council started spraying the turds with fluorescent or sparkly paint to highlight the issue, and it stopped within days.
I found one on our road a couple of years back and some joker had placed a plastic knife and fork on either side of the turd .. :)

xgnFwID.jpg

(By Fresh Water Mole of B3ta)

Our nearest dogpakl has free poo bags and disposal stations at more than the four corners of the park and still. . . .
Damnit, there IS NO POOP FAIRY!

Did it stop people Swifty?
People leaving their dog's business instead of picking it up? .. no unfortunately. If anything, the situation's getting worse. I'm actually voting in a councillor for our area specifically because that's one of her pledges.

Our road has a primary school on it, I does my head in that all the kids have to deal with that when their parents are walking them to school and back. I usually take a torch when I leave our house at night.

If you want to stop them using the bit of path outside your house as a bog
make a mix of bleach n water and brush the area down with it, dogs have
legendary smelling capability's and they sniff before they go the bleach overcomes
the smell of whats gone on before and brakes the link, by the time it wares off
doggy as found another favourite spot.

If you want to stop them using the bit of path outside your house as a bog
make a mix of bleach n water and brush the area down with it, dogs have
legendary smelling capability's and they sniff before they go the bleach overcomes
the smell of whats gone on before and brakes the link, by the time it wares off
doggy as found another favourite spot.
Good tip, cheers for that.

As a dog owner I have to say how embarrassed I get at seeing this selfish and lazy behaviour. Lampposts in my area are festooned with warnings of a £1000 fine for failing to clean up after your dog. I would love to know how many have been handed out.

We have had dog poo bins put up by the Council here which has helped considerably. Whilst on the subject of dogs, there is an old bloke around here who walks his small dog through the town on a thin stretch lead which extends quite a few feet from him. It is a darned nuisance as a few times I have almost tripped over it as my eyesight isn't as it was. Haven't seen him for a while now but I am sorely tempted to tell him about it when I see him. It is downright dangerous and I am lucky I haven't tripped and fallen - let alone anyone else - elderly, disabled, even children. It would be too late to avoid him and the lead as the dog is well in front of him and you don't see him until he is almost upon you.

djbrennan, you could submit a request for the information to your local council as they would be the ones handing out the fines.

Last edited:
Back