• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Edenbridge Watcher [Kent, UK]

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Via the venerable Coast To Coast A.M. site:

Video: Eerie Entity Photographed Watching Over Campsite in England?​

November 09, 2021
By Tim Binnall

Screenshot 2021-11-11 at 2.11.39 AM.jpg

A nightmarish photo purportedly taken by a camper in England shows what appears to be some kind of eerie entity that is perched in a tree and seemingly watching over her. The very weird image was sent to YouTube user 'MrMBB333' from a man named Mike, who claimed to have received the picture from a friend who had gone camping over the summer at a site in the town of Edenbridge. He went on to explain that the camping trip took a chilling turn "when she was awoken by some strange loud noises."

Since their fire had largely burned itself out, the area around the campsite was pitch back and so the woman used her cell phone to take pictures in the hopes that the flash might illuminate whatever had caused the late-night ruckus. In the process of that impromptu investigation, the woman snapped the puzzling photo wherein a strange figure appears to be sitting precariously in the branches of a tree. The oddity looks to possess crouched legs, arms holding some branches, and a head sporting glowing eyes. Alas, the camper apparently did not notice the unnerving interloper in the tree until she later looked at the images.

As for what the 'being,' for lack of a better term, might have been, some have suggested that it may have been a cryptid like Bigfoot, a supernatural humanoid entity, or perhaps even a ghost. More skeptical observers have argued that the 'creature' is merely a product of pareidolia brought about by the limited light and shadow at the campsite. Perhaps the most unsettling suggestion put forward online is not paranormal at all as some have posited that the woman actually photographed a person who was stealthily watching the site while the campers were sleeping.

Source:
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/arti...otographed-watching-over-campsite-in-england/

[Video begins at case in question--not the beginning]:

I think they should have also taken a followup photo in daylight to show if the shape was still there, or if tree is empty.

Several years ago, I could see the body of a raccoon in a crook of a tree, probably 500 m from a road while I was driving past. While it wasn't as big as whatever is in that pic, it remained visible until it rotted away.

The thing looks a little large, but I don't know of all pests that make cocoons like tent caterpillars.

Just some thoughts.

Escaped monkey or ape perhaps?

Well I like it, a truly spooky image.

I've had a google of the Edenbridge campsites and found some images. As a result I feel the tree is too skinny in comparison with the size of the figure, and makes me think 'it' is small than we are led to believe. It would be nice to see some of the other photos and be given an exact location. Also, we are being led to believe that she was using the flash to see into the darkness, however all phones allow you to use the flash as a torch and without having to take photos. Furthermore, this campsite would surely have been packed this last summer given the problems with overseas travel, and surely some warden/security to call on if you are being kept awake/harassed.

I want to believe but at the moment my money is on simulacra within a random/accidental photo.

Via the venerable Coast To Coast A.M. site:

Video: Eerie Entity Photographed Watching Over Campsite in England?​

November 09, 2021
By Tim Binnall

A nightmarish photo purportedly taken by a camper in England shows what appears to be some kind of eerie entity that is perched in a tree and seemingly watching over her. The very weird image was sent to YouTube user 'MrMBB333' from a man named Mike, who claimed to have received the picture from a friend who had gone camping over the summer at a site in the town of Edenbridge. He went on to explain that the camping trip took a chilling turn "when she was awoken by some strange loud noises."

Source:
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/arti...otographed-watching-over-campsite-in-england/
Where on earth is the mystery? Doesn't anyone know people who are inclined to pull pranks like this? Or is it just in my family that people exhibit this kind of humor and climbing ability? Really, people have no creative imagination at all.

I am actually serious, as this reminds me of my brother when we were young. He was no pervert, he was just very mischievous. It's a miracle that he was never shot. I tell you, people like MrMBB333, aka Mike, seem very boring to me.

Well I like it, a truly spooky image.

I've had a google of the Edenbridge campsites and found some images. As a result I feel the tree is too skinny in comparison with the size of the figure, and makes me think 'it' is small than we are led to believe. It would be nice to see some of the other photos and be given an exact location. Also, we are being led to believe that she was using the flash to see into the darkness, however all phones allow you to use the flash as a torch and without having to take photos. Furthermore, this campsite would surely have been packed this last summer given the problems with overseas travel, and surely some warden/security to call on if you are being kept awake/harassed.

I want to believe but at the moment my money is on simulacra within a random/accidental photo.
I would like to see some comparative photos taken in daylight of the same tree. If anyone there had been a true Fortean they would have been out in the morning taking said photographs, plus examining base of tree for footprints/tree for signs of climbage etc.

I'm sure it's just a clump of foliage or an actual person up the tree, taken with a 'Blurry Otherwise You'd See What It Is' filter. But just for fun, Buckland (the one in Surrey, not Oxfordshire) isn't so very far away as the crow flies. The creature known as the Buckland Shag supposedly haunts that area. Sometimes described as horse like, but other times as ape like, if it's a bogey creature it's likely a shape shifter anyway.

Also in the spirit of fun:

Buckland is home of the Shag Brook, which local legend states is home to a monstrous horse, or, according to some versions of the legend the beast appears as a gorilla, called the Buckland Shag.
The creature was said to be four-footed and covered in a shaggy coat and it would drag travellers from the nearby coaching road and devour them on the shag stone, a large boulder found in the brook.

https://www.rhuncovered.co.uk/the-legend-of-the-buckland-shag/

Alas, the Buckland Shag was laid centuries ago. It apparently used to leap from a standing stone by the road, but the stone was dragged off and dumped in a pond, and it hasn't haunted since.

Back