• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Enfield Poltergeist: Extracted Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's now in the public domain that that the Special Branch Special Demonstration Squad infiltrated radical political groups for decades. It would surely be naive to think this doesn't still happen.

I daresay there are plenty of moles in the Occupy Movement, for example, operating both IRL and online.

What I don't understand is why the police or intelligence services would get involved in online discussions of the paranormal.

None of the SDS whistle blowers who've come forward so far have even hinted of any interest in the paranormal.

It intrigued me because that is exactly how intelligence communities operate. IF this was a real poltergeist phenomenon, the MI5 would absolutely be there to keep a lid on everything. Even if it wasn't, they would still be there to check it out.

His suggestion that intelligence communities hide the real truth and collaborate with SPR to do so, would be an absolute bombshell of the highest proportions in the paranormal and parapsychology communities. It would mean SPR is infested with agents who sandbag real psychics and phenomenons from getting out to the mainstream. It would also mean that "There is no scientific evidence" and "the scientific community doesn't believe in it" is a red herring explanation as to why the paranormal is not accepted in the mainstream.

I have been involved with several fringe conspiracy boards who have been uncomfortably close to the truth (I won't mention which ones). These message boards become filled with disinformation agents, shills, and bots who infiltrate the message boards, gain goodwill, then attempt to discredit. It's a very real phenomenon and intelligence agencies are GOOD at it. And since the mainstream doesn't accept it, anybody accusing them of disinformation is called paranoid. This is not only a CIA/MI5/Mossad thing.

I thought that you were doing rather well until you posted this stuff. As a Fortean and a philosopher, I won't say that it's beyond the bounds of reason that the security services have taken an interest in the poltergeists, but I will say that even circumstantial evidence for this seems lacking (I'm happy to see any you have).

To play devil's advocate, posters in this thread were pushy and impatient at first. When he held back, he was then accused of potentially being a fake and lumped in with past posters. IF this was a man who has been harassed by intelligence in the past for his knowledge and is willing to spill bombshell stuff, I would understand why he would have second thoughts.

I feel like his behavior was understandable and this board misread him, ganged up on him, and banned him unnecessarily. I will attempt to contact him myself in anyway I can, but I think it would be a smart move for a board administrator to contact him and give him one last chance to say what he knows. But do it with sensitivity.

And if he turns out to be a troll, then what did we lose? But how much would we gain if he was for real?

The man was an annoying clown with no intention but to string out threads for as long as possible with non-enagement and tantalising yet hollow hints at 'the truth'. I say this on the strength of having seen a dozen or so such characters join and leave the board since 2002 - there's a lot of precedent and the style is highly predictable. His sin here was to be ruder and less entertaining than the other clowns whom the board as a community tolerated far longer.

Personally, beyond the topic at hand, I'd echo Zeke Newbold above: your own digging and posts seem interesting and in earnest so far.

It's now in the public domain that that the Special Branch Special Demonstration Squad infiltrated radical political groups for decades. It would surely be naive to think this doesn't still happen.

I daresay there are plenty of moles in the Occupy Movement, for example, operating both IRL and online.

What I don't understand is why the police or intelligence services would get involved in online discussions of the paranormal.

None of the SDS whistle blowers who've come forward so far have even hinted of any interest in the paranormal.

I just don't know. It is interesting to read - now bear with me - Robert Temple's updated version of `The Sirius Mystery` however. In the preface he makes the claim that he was being pursued and thwarted by British intelligence officials - who in turn had been infiltrated by Soviet Russian double agents who were keen to get their hands on paranormal information as it was of potential use in the Cold War.

This idea could be as barking as it sounds (and it certainly put me off Temple a bit), but then again it sort of stands to reason that states would take an interest in paranormal powers - for use as secret weapons, for example (much as Jon Ronson, more sanely, wrote about).

The intelligence services are interested in national security. At times they have taken that ambit at its broadest and included some surprisingly recondite topics, but floating children, mobile furniture and creepy voices is a stretch.

Yes the infiltration of the Hippie Convoy by the Brew Crew is a well known conspiracy theory which I can understand. Same with CND etc and UFO's - lots of money being thrown at technology after all.

Also didn't the secret service have it's hands full with the IRA, Africa and the middle east not to mention south america at the time?

I can't see why the secret service would have any interest in this case, but what do I know just being an intelligence drone that works on level 3 and I only have an amber clearance.

(

The intelligence services are interested in national security. At times they have taken that ambit at its broadest and included some surprisingly recondite topics, but floating children, mobile furniture and creepy voices is a stretch.
Absolutely, although the brief is mostly taken care of by the police not military intelligence. What they become interested in are groups who care enough to mobilise or have an aggressive stance to others. Basically anything disruptive with the potential to snowball. That is a very wide brief.
Tanker drivers forming a group that then disrupts fuel supplies? Oh they get attention all right.
Countryside alliance putting thousands into London on a March, possible civil disobedience (and if they wanted to, food supply disruption) uh yeah.
Motorcycle Action Group bringing the capital to a standstill over some biking gripe - yep
Lefty nutters staging sit ins and violence at right wing marches
Right wing nutters staging provocative marches
Religious types staging provocative marches
Animal rights types wiling to inflict violence on vivisectionist.
Anarchists
Etc. Etc. Etc.
What seems so very hard to see though is how evidence of paranormal activity could lead to mass disobedience and disruption. Would any chief of police really sign off on this when more tangible threats should take precedence?

Also Mr. Certain's other threads contained references to the Grail that I strongly suspect were more bait in the same vein.

If I say I alone have special, indeed game changing information about the paranormal, and that a long standing and ongoing conspiracy is seeking to stop me revealing it I'm recounting an episode of the X files not reading my diary.

I just wanted to say that I did manage to get in contact with Stuart Certain.

He told me just enough so that I have a very good sense of what really happened.

I will not say what it is because:

1. To respect his privacy and his concerns of the matter being exposed. I now have a lot of empathy for those involved in the case.
2. After learning what it is, I have even stronger suspicions myself that some of the posters on this board are paid disinformation agents (not all of them, obviously).
3. To protect my own privacy and not put a target on my back for spilling the beans.
4. I agree with Stuart Certain that this board, and especially the world at large, is not ready for this kind of information.

For those reading this post that don't have their own agendas, it's a crazy world out there. Far crazier than we think.

Before accepting any reports of what happened, ask yourself where that information is really coming from. Don't just assume because it's coming from an authority figure or organization (or a poster with a high post count) that it is true. I'll just leave it at that.

So you're not going to tell us either, then?

Well, thanks for getting back to us at any rate. Unless you've anything further to add to this illuminating discussion...?

So you're not going to tell us either, then?

Well, thanks for getting back to us at any rate. Unless you've anything further to add to this illuminating discussion...?

Trust me when I say I would love to tell. But I just don't think that would be the wisest move.

It would cause security issues for me that would far outweigh what ever I would gain by telling the board. Especially because I know that it will be smeared and won't make much of an impact anyway. So it's a lose-lose for me.

My only purpose for posting again is to add my voice to Stuart's credibility, and to hint to those lurkers/truth-seekers/genuine investigators out there to keep your mind open. And keep digging.

:banghead:

Go Mods! :glee:

So, whatever it was that he singularly failed to tell us, you won't tell us either, but he's totally credible in whatever it was he wouldn't say. Marvellous. Thanks for that.

So, whatever it was that he singularly failed to tell us, you won't tell us either, but he's totally credible in whatever it was he wouldn't say. Marvellous. Thanks for that.

Yes.

People will have to trust their intuition on this one.

Like I said, this isn't for everybody. This is only for those that are truly curious and feel that Stuart was telling the truth, and may not feel comfortable voicing their opinion due to the strong opposition here. This is for current lurkers and any lurkers that come across this thread in the future.

For the eighteenth time, there wasn't "strong opposition" on here. He kept promising information, we kept asking him for it, he kept coming up with obfuscation, umbrage and gnomish vagueness. Such opposition as there was was entirely to his approach. He wasted our time. You now appear to be doing much the same.

For the eighteenth time, there wasn't "strong opposition" on here. He kept promising information, we kept asking him for it, he kept coming up with obfuscation, umbrage and gnomish vagueness. Such opposition as there was was entirely to his approach. He wasted our time. You now appear to be doing much the same.

Fair enough.

Farewell then.

Isn't this the sort of thing Fox Mulder's always putting up with? Shady characters (no offence, Shady) popping up saying, 'Keep digging, keep investigating, it's not all for nothing, I know the story but can't tell you, so you'll just have to go and find out for yourself, and I'll keep making vague comments every now and then.' I think this sort of thing has foundations in melodramatic mystery fiction rather than real life.

That's the second person to turn up and say that they thought SC was onto something. I say they are both him or his friend or his sister or whatever.

The last twenty pages or so of this thread are pure horse shit. I think as long as Mr. Certain's posts remain he'll keep coming back in some form or another. Just like an attention-seeking adolescent at the centre of a polt investigation.

Well that's annoying.
That's the second person to turn up and say that they thought SC was onto something. I say they are both him or his friend or his sister or whatever.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility is it? Or maybe it's a coincidence that both the writing style and content are very very similar.

Mind you, I've just remembered when Mr C asked me, apparently in all seriousness, if I was GLP! Maybe I am (I'll have to check). It's all very confusing.

Basically this board was on the brink of being privilaged to have front row seats at the unveiling of the most Earth-shattering secrets ever revealed to humanity and blew it due to the toxic personalities of its members.

May God have mercy on our souls.

Taunting us, and its offensive to think we cannot take the truth

'You cant handle the truth'

But they can, thanks for nothing

Oh well, it's fun to speculate on what the explanation might've been. Assuming there ever was one.

Fair enough.

Farewell then.
You're still here, then, two hours on and watching the thread. I think David Plankton may have a point - maybe this thread needs a significant recent section put into cold storage - may take away the temptation. ' course, you'll think that's just the agents of disinformation getting their way, but frankly I am not remotely bothered. Thoughts, anyone else?
EDIT: and one minute later he logged off. Draw your own conclusions.

Why did he tell her and not us?, do we all contact him separately? And will he tell us if we do?

this used to be my fav thread, now i can learn more by discussing the enfield polt on youtube :rolleyes:
I long ago found this thread boring and repetitive, so I rarely bothered to drop in.

But now it seems I missed all the fun with Mr. Certain!

(With a user-name like that, it should have been obvious he wouldn't fit in here.)

I long ago found this thread boring and repetitive, so I rarely bothered to drop in.

But now it seems I missed all the fun with Mr. Certain!

(With a user-name like that, it should have been obvious he wouldn't fit in here.)

Are you saying that he was too sure of himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back