• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I don't! My point was that Grosse was as needy as the family, in his own way. The picture(s) of him grasping Janet might these days raise other questions but they all look hungry for something. :thought:

Indeed it might. However, I genuinely don't believe there was anything dodgy going on in *that* regard. Nothing more than a traumatised man perhaps superimposing some of his own personal grief onto the situation.

But in other regards I don't think that Maurice Grosse was anything other than professional in his investigation. I don't believe him to have been fraudulent or trying to portray things in an artificial way.

Yes, we do know that the Girls admitted to faking 'some' of what went on. And one could argue that perhaps the duration of the investigation *could* have been influenced both by Grosse's subliminal need to cling on to the memory of his daughter and on the Girls' need for a father figure in the household. But I don't think that this one can be easily classified as falling into the category of, say, seeking attention for publicity and financial gain.

When the Warrens came ambulance chasing in that manner they were sent on their way. And realistically (a brief period of newspaper and local news attention aside) the majority of the investigation was neither public spectacle nor any real gain for those involved.

Far from it, in fact. I do not doubt for a second that it had anything other than a detrimental effect on those directly involved.

From the look of the back garden, it seems some renovations may be being undertaken. Be interesting to see if this stirs anything back up...

Currently reading "the Enfield poltergeist tapes" I would highly recommend it, it is thought Janet was the victim of a sex attack in durrants park and the father was convicted of child molestation when he was 15.....whatever the truth of the poltergeist the family's story is tragic.

Currently reading "the Enfield poltergeist tapes" I would highly recommend it, it is thought Janet was the victim of a sex attack in durrants park and the father was convicted of child molestation when he was 15.....whatever the truth of the poltergeist the family's story is tragic.
What was he convicted of doing to the child and how old was the child? .. if he was 15, he would have still been a child himself but then there's a big difference between a 15 year old boy and a (lets say) 13 year old girl pulling their pants down to see each other's private parts and things much worse than that.

What was he convicted of doing to the child and how old was the child? .. if he was 15, he would have still been a child himself but then there's a big difference between a 15 year old boy and a (lets say) 13 year old girl pulling their pants down to see each other's private parts and things much worse than that.
Just says the father was convicted of child molestation when he was 15, and his daughters had been. No further details.

Just says the father was convicted of child molestation when he was 15, and his daughters had been. No further details.
Thanks titch .. I wonder what the writer means by "and his daughters had been"? .. molested? ..

So is the new book hinting that there was some pretty awful stuff taking place domestically?

So is the new book hinting that there was some pretty awful stuff taking place domestically?
The author is admirably unbiased, he relates what is on the tapes then let's the reader make up their own minds, but the family does appear to have more problems then I originally thought.

Mrs Hodgson was not impressed by the Warren's, saying they talked about making money and where "trying to capitalise on the case"

Back