• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Event

sherbetbizarre

Special Branch
So THE EVENT starts in the UK on Friday... apparently it's revealed what exactly "the event" is at the end of episode 1 and I assume is somewhat Fortean...

A new high-octane US thriller starring Jason Ritter as a man whose investigation in to the mysterious disappearance of his fiancée unwittingly exposes the biggest cover-up in American history...

...otherwise this thread is gonna die pretty quickly :p

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-event

I don't think they've really covered what "The Event" is supposed to be. I mean, if it's what happens (or doesn't) at the end of the first episode, then it's kind of dull. And the way they talked about it, it seems to be something bigger.

I've kind of given up on it, anyway. I was downloading it, but they were showing it fairly timely so I stopped bothering, and now I'm in the UK anyway, so I'll miss a couple of episodes, and it just wasn't grabbing me.

Every time I hear this I just think...

"REMAIN INDOORS"

I've been following the series since it debuted on NBC here in the USA.

There is at least one anomalous 'event' presented in the opening episode, but it remains unclear whether this is 'THE' event of the title ...

The first few episodes are slowly piecing together the context of multiple involved persons / groups. So far this is a slow-paced introductory process that requires some effort to follow. The motif is a 'present' timeline interspersed with multiple flashbacks of varying depth back into time.

Since they're still in the 'set-up' phase, I can't yet tell whether the series will be worthwhile.

Sounds like they're aiming to be the next Lost.

CarlosTheDJ said:
Every time I hear this I just think...

"REMAIN INDOORS"

That's exactly what i thought when I saw the trailers. Hopefully a Mitchell and Webb cameo is in order?!

I quite like it.

I quite like the structure each episode where they basically show you a point of action later in the episode at the start and then go back and show how they got to that point.

Maybe it is just cos the show has been brought back to my consciousness but it has a bit of a Dark Skies feel to it IMO.

I've seen the first 2 episodes and like it. Its rather obvious though that the CIA Director was behind the attempt to kill thepresident. Why is everyone else in the series so stupid?

If he is the skeletal creepy Government guy my gut feeling is that down the line he is gonna be revealed to be one of the 'aliens' or whatever they are.

I don't think he's an alien, but I do think he's going to be revealed to be a good guy. The creepy thing is just misdirection.

Back