• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The F Scale

An alleged fascist writes:

I was disappointed to learn that I am, in fact, a liberal airhead :(.

Some of the questions are quite apposite to this place, though:

Most people don't realize how much our lives are controlled by plots hatched in secret places.
- Conspiracy

Wars and social troubles may someday be ended by an earthquake or flood that will destroy the whole world.
- Earth Mysteries

Some day it will probably be shown that astrology can explain a lot of things.
- Esoterica

Every person should have complete faith in some supernatural power whose decisions he obeys without question.
- Religions and Cults

Most of our social problems would be solved if we could somehow get rid of the immoral, crooked, and feebleminded people.
- some threads in IHTM and Chat

I thought this thread was about an extension of the theory of The Brown Note that I saw in a documentary.

2.1333333333333333 liberal airhead, but I proudly acknowledge that I have more backbone and moral fibre than Jerry B, I nearly didn't use capitals for his name such is my contempt for his moral decadence. ;)

I got 3.

I'm a true American apparently, disciplined but tolerant.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :lol:

I got 2.9999999 Just a liberal airhead, very close to being a 'True American'.
That was to close for my liking.

liveinabin1 said:
I got 2.9999999 Just a liberal airhead, very close to being a 'True American'.
That was to close for my liking.
That's a 3 and you know it!

Don't know why I'm gloating - with a score of 2.8, I'm another liberal airhead, apparently, and there was me thinking I was a cynical misanthrope. Or maybe those irritating little market researchers just want me to think I'm a liberal airhead...

Tendencies measured:
Conventionalism: Rigid adherence to conventional, middle-class values.

Authoritarian Submission: Submissive, uncritical attitude toward idealized moral authorities of the ingroup

Authoritarian Aggression: Tendency to be on the lookout for, and to condemn, reject, and punish people who violate conventional values.

Anti-intraception: Opposition to the subjective, the imaginative, the tender-minded.

Superstition and Stereotypy: The belief in mystical determinants of the individual's fate; the disposition to think in rigid categories.

Power and "Toughness": Preoccupation with the dominance-submission, strong-weak, leader-follower dimension; identification with power figures; overemphasis upon the conventionalized attributes of the ego; exaggerated assertion of strength and toughness.

Destructiveness and Cynicism: Generalized hostility, vilification of the human.

Projectivity: The disposition to believe that wild and dangerous things go on in the world; the projection outwards of unconscious emotional impulses.

Sex: Exaggerated concern with sexual "goings-on."
Quite interesting to apply this test to the Daily Express or the Daily Mail!

Apparently I too am a true American.

Do you think I should print out the page and attach it to my upcoming US citizenship application?

:lol:

I'm a liberal airhead. 2.0333333etc.

This is just another of those personality tests you get in easy to read lifestyle magazines.

I got 3.16666666666666blah.... In the true American bit. Haven't got a clue what this says about me, but there you go. :?:

gncxx said:
I'm a liberal airhead. 2.0333333etc.

This is just another of those personality tests you get in easy to read lifestyle magazines.
Do they do lifestyle mag's for fascists these days?
Benito Home and Garden?

3.2333333333333334 A true American.

But im from England......Does that affect my score :p

The F-scale test is a 'real thing', but it's controversial and rarely encountered in its original form nowadays.

The California F-scale is a 1947 personality test, designed by Theodor W. Adorno and others to measure the authoritarian personality. The "F" stands for "fascist". The F-scale measures responses on several different components of authoritarianism, such as conventionalism, authoritarian aggression, anti-intraception, superstition and stereotypy, power and "toughness," destructiveness and cynicism, projectivity, and sex. ...

The purpose of the F-scale is to measure an antidemocratic personality structure, usually defined by authoritarianism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-scale_(personality_test)

2.93 liberal airhead.

Not convinced the quiz questions really explored the nature of fascism though.
This is an ideology which centres on growing the state, at the expense of personal liberty.
Quite a lot of liberals or even lefties seem to want to grow the state though. They would probably find themselves ideologically a lot closer to the "father of fascism" Mussolini than I am!

According to that F scale, with a score of 3.47, I am 'a true American'. LOL
I'll be filling out my US citizenship papers.

You might want to take a look at this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_authoritarianism

The RWA scale is widely used for measuring this type of proclivity.

"Right-wing authoritarians are people who have a high degree of willingness to submit to authorities they perceive as established and legitimate, who adhere to societal conventions and norms and who are hostile and punitive in their attitudes towards people who do not adhere to them. They value uniformity and are in favour of using group authority, including coercion, to achieve it."

Slightly counter-intuitively, high RWA types have a preference for taking orders as part of a structured hierarchy, as well as giving them. They're the first ones signing up for a smart new uniform when a democracy slips towards a tyranny.

PS, I got:
Your Overall F Score is: 1.97
You are a whining rotter.

Your Overall F Score is: 2.43
You are a liberal airhead.

Please take note.

1.77 - whining rotter!!

I tend to describe myself as a 'white, middle-class, bleeding-heart liberal' so that fits well enough!!

Good work, Coal, but I'm even more whiny...

3.63 disciplined but tolerant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back