• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The F Scale

2.2, I thought I'd be lower than that. I look forward to working myself to death in Overlord Otter's Correction Facility, though I acknowledge that this is far better than I deserve.

Some of the questions are "interesting": the astrology one, the one about a great flood.

"3.70 - You are disciplined but tolerant "

Pass me a black shirt...

It's not a very accurate 'test' as I'm basically a slightly-left libertarian, in that I think we have a definite communal responsibility towards each other, but must take self-discipline & self-responsibility seriously and have a suspicion of authoritarian government control/regimes. I view the current 'thought police' and identity politics agenda as highly counterproductive (cf Voltaire et al). I fricking hate discrimination of all kinds unless it's a 'I-hate-scumbags-and-general tossers' kind, and even then I try to see why.

It's possible to teach and learn compassion for others, with a hefty dose of self-reliance and have free speech and freedom of action. I'm a big supporter of community-led initiatives and trying to change systems by living as you'd like it to be for all. Secular Methodism if you will.

Basically I think we should all just chill the heck out, stop whining, be grateful for the life we have and maybe get an allotment.

I scored "Liberal Airhead" but with a high score in Destructiveness and Cynicism. Sounds about right. When I hear "when I hear the word culture I reach for my gun" I reach for my gun.

My real dad's a Merick?!

Joseph?

220px-Joseph_Merrick_carte_de_visite_photo%2C_c._1889.jpg

maximus otter

I think there's a major flaw in this test.
It doesn't allow for a 'middle way'. No fence-sitting - you have to choose one way or the other with those questions.

I think there's a major flaw in this test.
It doesn't allow for a 'middle way'. No fence-sitting - you have to choose one way or the other with those questions.
There's a lot of debate about whether providing a middle option is a good thing or bad thing in questionaires. If you're measuring a continuous scale trait I'd say it's a bad thing.

Back