• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Fortean Video Archive

Does anyone remember a video that was discussed many years ago on the forum of a US news clip that featured an interview with a woman outside her house at night (discussing a haunting?), and the camera caught something strange running past her upstairs window? I think it was like a giant cat walking very quickly on its hind legs(!)

Two celebrity stories which appear in countless strange but true compilation books and articles, often subtly different from one recounting to the next, but here are the original from the horse's mouth versions by the people involved.

Firstly Alec Guinness' prophetic warning to James Dean

Secondly Telly Savalas, and his inverted phantom hitchhiker experience. A truly amazing story , ruined and made comical sadly by the utterly ridiculous voice employed in the re-enactment. Try your best to ignore it and concentrate on TS's words.

See Also:

Phantom Hitchhikers & Road Ghosts
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/phantom-hitchhikers-road-ghosts.1632/

Last edited by a moderator:
Another worthwhile inclusion. The Father Gill/Papua New Guinea ufo sighting. I first read of this in a book on forteana several years ago and was somewhat confounded that it was held up as the most important and impressive ufo sighting on record, yet I'd never heard of it. In summary in 1959 and Anglcan minister in PNG along with 3 dozen other witnesses, over several hours and multiple nights, watched and interacted with an apparent craft and its occupants hovering in the sky above them.

Whether you've heard of it or not, to my surprise here is a - i assume 1970s - interview with Father Gill himself describing the event.

See Also:

Hello Down There (1959; Boianai, Papua New Guinea)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/hello-down-there-1959-boianai-papua-new-guinea.12793/

One of the most famous/notorious UFO incidents - the disappearance of Australian pilot Fred Valentich while reporting an unidentified and hard to describe aircraft ( "its not an aircraft!") which was " playing games" with him and moving at speeds he couldn't estimate.

There are many videos ABOUT it on YouTube but here is the actual audio of his conversation with air traffic control
[ Post edited for a better , longer copy of the recording]

See Also:

Frederick Valentich Disappearance (Australia; 1978)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...valentich-disappearance-australia-1978.65302/

Not his own voice, but his own words, Jung describing his concept of Synchronicity and other "Psi" related subjects.

Contemporary news coverage of the Silver Bridge collapse at Point Pleasant, which John Keel ( rather opaquely) placed as the centre and culmination of the events in his account of the "Mothman Prophecies"

Back to UFOs and contemporary with the Valentich incident above, in nearby New Zealand was this famous incident at Kaikoura, covered here in Arthur C Clarke's Mysterious World, where an Australian news teams went up in a plane in a location where a ufo flap had been taking place and caught the experience on camera for the evening news..

Two celebrity stories which appear in countless strange but true compilation books and articles, often subtly different from one recounting to the next, but here are the original from the horse's mouth versions by the people involved.

Firstly Alec Guinness' prophetic warning to James Dean

Secondly Telly Savalas, and his inverted phantom hitchhiker experience. A truly amazing story , ruined and made comical sadly by the utterly ridiculous voice employed in the re-enactment. Try your best to ignore it and concentrate on TS's words.

See Also:

Phantom Hitchhikers & Road Ghosts
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/phantom-hitchhikers-road-ghosts.1632/

Telly Savalas waved at me from his office window on the Universal backlot in January '77.

Here's one that will have lodged in many of your memories from years past. The - as far as I know - only TV account of the "Vertical Plane" poltergeist case, wherein a married couple were purportedly corresponding across time on their (pre internet) computer screen with a chap from the 1500s and some controling intelligences from the future.

The format is a little unusual as it's simply dramatised without any explanatory narration, so feels like a dated TV play, but at the end it switches to Richard Wiseman interviewing the real life couple and analysing the language in the messages.

Long debunked, but here is the infamous Ray Santilli tape of a supposed alien autopsy at Roswell.

The Astonishing Legends podcast have just done an amazing 2 parter about this. Interviewing the guy that made the film. Fascinating stuff. Seems that Santilli proper did a number on the guy who made the film for him.

I can't find the interview in isolation anywhere, but at 8 minutes 30 seconds into this documentary there's a brief snippet/testimony of Aldie Mackay, the female half of the couple whose 1933 sighting of a creature climbing out of Loch Ness brought the legend into the modern world and popular culture.

A serious near contemporary news report - including interviews with most of the principles - on the Pascagoula alien abduction case.

A serious near contemporary news report - including interviews with most of the principles - on the Pascagoula alien abduction case.

One of my favourite UFO cases, along with the Zamora incident and the Kelly/Hopskinville goblins. The description of the aliens in this abduction terrified me as a youngster. It's a case that intrigues me to this day.
I'm Facebook friends with Calvin Parker and he's not been a well man of late but still giving interviews,

I have just come across this most peculiar video titled 'Entertainment Made By Cults'.
I searched for an appropriate 'Cult' related thread to post it in, but thought it more appropriate to add it here. It's strange, peculiar and bizarre, also oddly engrossing.

Entertainment Made By Cults​

Here's the breakdown taken from the YouTube page so that you can skip to your favourite Cult's antics immediately if you desire:
00:00 Intro
01:06 Aum Shinrikyo
05:27 Scientology
12:50 Raelism
19:25 Sedevacantism
21:43 Jonestown
25:35 Heaven's Gate
28:57 Tama-Re
30:48 Buddhafield
34:20 Unarius Academy of Science
37:20 John Frums
39:09 Westboro Baptist Church
41:54 Creativity Movement
43:53 Synanon
46:35 Church of Wells
48:13 Church of E-
49:42 The Family
56:46 Epilogue

Here is a great find, a contemporary audio interview with Patterson and Gimlin about their recently filmed encounter with a bigfoot. Listening to it, the overly familiar film becomes many times more persuasive.. not least because of the rather aggressive quick fire interrogation of the Scotsman interviewing them, demanding every last detail, which they convincingly supply.

A 1965 tv news report about an ongoing poltergeist event in Wales.
Fascinating to see how seriously and matter of fact it's treated. Today they'd either make jokes or have an obligatory talking head interview from a professional sceptic for "balance".

A great bit of raw eye-witness footage!

It makes me want to look into the case, not for the professional sceptics, or balance, so much as other witness accounts. :thought:

The late comic and writer Michael Bentine's interest in and experience of premonitions often appears in passing in fortean anthology books.

Well here is an entertaining audio recording of an entire one hour public talk he gave on his life long interactions with the paranormal.

A great bit of raw eye-witness footage!

It makes me want to look into the case, not for the professional sceptics, or balance, so much as other witness accounts. :thought:
I’d suspect her or husband of doing it in order to get a better/bigger house. Something about her near-tearful part looked a bit unconvincing.

Is there any other polt incident anywhere in which rooms are trashed?

I’m open to being persuaded otherwise if there’s any further information about it..

Is there any other polt incident anywhere in which rooms are trashed?

Define trashed? But yes. There are historical accounts of excrement bring flung around, fires set off, in the Battersea case the walls and ceilings covered in graffiti. At Enfield furniture was upturned and a fire place ripped from the wall. More specifically ( sadly video no longer appears active on the news page ) the word trashed appears in the heading of this relatively recent story.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/weird-news/spooky-footage-shows-poltergeist-trashing-8622060

Of course you could say you don't believe any of these either. But that's just going in a circle. The relevant point is an alleged polt being destructive or turning a room upside down isn't notably out if the ordinary. It seems to be a measure of the level or intensity of alleged activity rather than an indicator of the nature of it.

Here's another news story from Hull in 2018
IMG_20230211_092852.jpg

Last edited:
A new addition to the "archive": Rupert Sheldrake presenting video footage of his famed testing of N'Kisi, the seemingly telepathic talking parrot.

Back