• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The GCBRO & The BFRO?

There are a number of Bigfoot organizations (groups, societies, etc.) in North America, some of which have a limited scope (e.g., a certain state or region).

I don't know whether anyone maintains a one-stop listing of such Bigfoot organizations.

I believe it's still the case that BFRO is the largest single organization. It's certainly the oldest.

Thanks. I was wondering how people felt about the two. I've briefly read some skeptics arguing about whether one was more reputable than the other. But it seems to me that both would have their flaws, considering they are both so dependent upon the "accuracy" of the reported sightings.

Thanks. I was wondering how people felt about the two. I've briefly read some skeptics arguing about whether one was more reputable than the other. But it seems to me that both would have their flaws, considering they are both so dependent upon the "accuracy" of the reported sightings.

But that's the thing with the entire subject, it all only comes down to the accuracy of the eye witnesses. Although admittedly how carefully or objectively witness statements are scrutinised would tend to lend more or less credence to an organisation.

Having clicked on the links the Gulf Coast site seems the worst of the two.

But that's the thing with the entire subject, it all only comes down to the accuracy of the eye witnesses. Although admittedly how carefully or objectively witness statements are scrutinised would tend to lend more or less credence to an organisation.

Having clicked on the links the Gulf Coast site seems the worst of the two.
Basic forensic interviewing techniques are not hard to find and use. Friendly witnesses are relatively easy to interview in a structured way. Transcribing such reports and collating the points of interest would be a worthy goal, as would the scrutiny of such transcripts using (say) Criteria-Based Content Analysis (CBCA) to establish metrics for veracity.

Neither of them do that.

Back