• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
There is now a Christian wacko group known as the Resistance whose main aim in life is the destruction of the Georgia Guidestones:

LINK

I had just heard about this incident on another site I go on. Came straight here to see if it was been discussed.

Interesting post from years ago from Mr Ring above.

Culprits confirmed and case closed !

There is now a Christian wacko group known as the Resistance whose main aim in life is the destruction of the Georgia Guidestones:

LINK
RC Christian -> arsey Christians?

I hope that the culprits are caught and put under the jail! To me it's the sort of weird thing that somebody put up that was a piece of folk art if nothing else, of no harm to anybody (except maybe to @Yithian aesthetically :))

One thing to note: there was a legitimate candidate for Governor who ran on a platform of destroying the Guidestones, Kandiss Taylor:
https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/ge...andidate-kandiss-taylor-reacts-to-destruction

Former Georgia gubernatorial candidate Kandiss Taylor credits God for 'striking down Satanic Guidestones'​

ELBERT COUNTY, Ga. - Former Georgia gubernatorial candidate Kandiss Taylor reacted to what law enforcement are calling an explosion at the Georgia Guidestones, which Taylor promised to "rid" the state of during her campaign.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said an explosion damaged a controversial Georgia landmark on Wednesday. The GBI said Wednesday unknown people were responsible for the damage. As of Wednesday afternoon, investigators had not connected Taylor to the criminal investigation of the monument's destruction.

Taylor tweeted after news of the alleged explosion broke, calling the Guidestones "Satanic."

Taylor promised to demolish the stones when running for governor, proposing a potential executive order. She linked them to "demonic" worship and human sacrifice in a video.

Taylor's stance on the Georgia Guidestones caught the eye of "Last Week Tonight" host John Oliver, who ranted about Taylor's promise to remove the stones.

The Georgia Guidestones, a granite attraction in Elbert County, are located off of Guidestone Road just east of Ga. Highway 77.

Taylor released a video on Wednesday evening to clarify her position about the Georgia Guidestones.

"If anyone says that I do not believe in law and order and that I would support vandalism, that I would support going outside of our legal system, to demolish something, to vandalize something, they are a liar," Taylor said in the video. "I would never support that. In fact, I think anyone who goes on private or public property to destroy something illegally should be arrested."

Taylor said she believed her words were being twisted and reiterated she only wanted to have the mysterious monument removed through legal means once she took office. She again pointed out it was one of the executive orders she planned to issue if she took office.

"I believe vandalism is illegal and sometimes, people like to call vandalism instead of actually giving God credit because they don’t know how to explain what happens when God moves," Taylor said. "So, until I see a video that shows me anything than what looked like lightning or the hand of God moving on a situation, I’m going to believe it was God."

Taylors said if it was vandalism that there are cameras everywhere and those individuals should be brought to justice.

Early Wednesday afternoon, the GBI released videos showing the explosion that damaged the now-demolished monument. Investigators also released a video showing a silver sedan with a sunroof leaving the scene

"I believe in law and order in this country," she said.

Last edited:
That was a magnificent result for the MRLP, 4.2%! Any idea why Sutch did so well in that election?

1. It was a by-election.
2. Hence much reduced turnout.
3. A popular local MP (and local man) had just died.
4. The third party had been in power for about fifteen years and their modest vote collapsed.

But, for all that, Lord Such retained his deposit.

Hurrah!

Back on topic now.

Last edited:
There’s a heated discussion of the destruction on this econ blog. Browse the comments to see how anything can be used to support your pet peeve and defame your favorite outgroup. The Guidestones are compared to everything, ranging from the Bamiyan Buddhas to confederate statues. Fingers are pointed at culprits ranging from redneck drunks to Christian fanatics.

https://marginalrevolution.com/marg...rgia-guidestones-and-the-bamiyan-buddhas.html

I'll now go back to reading this excellent book on the Thirty Years War. Nothing has changed since then :)
http://kontextagency.com/the-thirty-years-war-revisited

Last edited:
Just as a minor aside, I took the attribution: "RC Christian" to be just a mild rework of Christian Rosenkreuz.

That may be why the fundies see them as such an affront.

Just as a minor aside, I took the attribution: "RC Christian" to be just a mild rework of Christian Rosenkreuz.

That may be why the fundies see them as such an affront.

Herbert H. Kersten MD (d. 2005) from Fort Dodge, Iowa looks possible.

This is a very good investigation indeed. I didn't think CNN did journalism anymore, but this is it:

As I looked into the backstory of the Guidestones’ pseudonymous creator, known as Robert Christian or R.C. Christian, I learned that he’d published a book in 1986 under his fictitious name. This book, “Common Sense Renewed,” was said to explain his plan for humanity. The book was rare and elusive. No copies were available on Amazon, nor at any of my local libraries. I saw it listed in the holdings of Ave Maria University in Florida and searched for it there. Neither I nor a librarian could find the book in the stacks. Later, a supervisor called me to say it had disappeared.

I kept looking until I found another copy listed in the online catalogue of an obvious place: the public library in Elberton. It wasn’t on the shelf there either, but when I asked a librarian, she retrieved it from a room behind the desk. The book had a hard gray-blue cover, with the title and author’s name in gold lettering. I opened it and began to read.

LONG READ:
https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2024/02/us/georgia-guidestones-mystery-cec-cnnphotos/

Much taken from this:

Dark Clouds over Elberton (2015):

By the way, did anybody discover whether the spelling mistake was an innocent error?

0Xb4i6Kfow8XfuhhYZJ9DAhO8sagrESETIsg6ciMFHs.jpg

Back