• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Ghost That Tells You To F**k Off!

Bermondsey coffee shop .jpeg

Ghost hunters in Scotland encounter a charming ghost

Scots ghost shouts 'yer a bawbag' at spirit hunting team during paranormal investigation​

The expert team at The Scottish Ghost Company (TSGC) were investigating the Hoarder's Church in Elvanfoot when the hilarious recording was made.

VIDEO LOADING
THE SCOTTISH GHOST COMPANY ENCOUNTERS A VULGAR GHOST

One of Scotland's top ghost events companies has revealed its shock after a spirit on one of their recent hunts called one of their members a "bawbag". The expert team at The Scottish Ghost Company (TSGC) were investigating at a Parish Church in Elvanfoot when they made contact with a spirit using a special piece of equipment.
Event host and investigator Yvonne Hydes, was on the trip with lead medium David McCabe and fellow investigator and photographer, Ronnie Murphy, at the abandoned church – known locally as the Hoarder's Church – when the voice could clearly be heard through a piece of equipment known as a spirit box.
Telling the story to the Daily Record, Yvonne said: "When we switched to our EVP/Spirit box session, we started to hear a lot of swear words. The one that shocked me but made me laugh was 'yer a bawbag', which came through very clearly.
"We still don’t know who this was aimed at, but as it's a very Scottish term for the male anatomy, I’m assuming it was for Ronnie or David. We're still not sure who the spirit was that shouted it but this Scottish term of endearment has been used for decades. We do get called A LOT of swear words through the spirit box but this is a first for us. We found this particular one hilarious."
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/scotland-now/scots-ghost-shouts-bawbag-28114607

Might have mentioned this before, but years ago a member of staff in the hotel I frequented was staying in it overnight one evening as she had a late finish / early start. She claimed that when she went up to the room she heard a disembodied voice command her to "shut the f***** window".

Someone should buy that place and rent it out as a 'ghost experience'.

£240 000 in 2019, the following is the listing from 2017 when it failed to sell, pictures showing the property.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/69454019#/media?id=media0&ref=photoCollage&channel=RES_BUY

Someone we've done investigations with in the past took his group to the cage a few years ago Gordon. Luke Tabram is a 'sober investigator', I was impressed that he's always extremely careful to check for sources of electricity instead of blindly accepting peaks on his K2 as evidence for the paranormal, his sensible approach illustrated in this video report. Either way, it's a good tour of the property.

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy the house at that price. Those stairs are a bit of a nightmare too.

Beresford: Might the disembodied voice telling your friend to shut the window, have been someone standing outside rather than a ghost?

Back