The Ghosts Of King's Lynn And West Norfolk

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
ghost book.jpeg

DrPaulLee

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I'm glad the cover turned out OK. I had some problem with the non standard font but soon created a simple work around.

You also can't go wrong with black. My last book was supposed to be dark green but when it was printed it came out dark grey.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
My last book was supposed to be dark green but when it was printed it came out dark grey.
Was that printed on a laser print-on-demand system? If you gave them a PDF, was it CMYK or RGB colours?
Best results if you output the PDF to CMYK, although they can still get it wrong at the printers.

DrPaulLee

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I assume it was a print on demand system of some kind. The PDF I provided was RGB, the default. This was the first time that the colour had been snarled up.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I assume it was a print on demand system of some kind. The PDF I provided was RGB, the default. This was the first time that the colour had been snarled up.
Try a test with CMYK, because they are probably using a 4 colour laser system (the standard at POD printers now).
The only problem with that is that some pics may become darker (than with RGB), so you could compensate by lightening the darker ones.

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
I love reading these books. Even if (as in the case of this one) I've never even VISITED the locality.

I'd still like a book about these 'ere regions. York is fully covered, and there's a book of local Folk Tales, but they all seem to feature boggarts, hobs and Sarkless Kitty. There MUST be more recent stuff! The novel I'm working on now has a haunted house at the centre and I'm having to invent my own ghost stories! I mean, that's all kinds of wrong, right there...