• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Godfather Of Soul: Murdered!

GNC

King-Sized Canary
News arrives that there's a new investigation into soul singer legend James Brown's death:
JB News

He might have been murdered! And not only that, but his wife Adrienne might have been murdered too. It's all very strange, I know he had his enemies, but murder? At his advanced age? What would be the point?

...At his advanced age? What would be the point? ..

If you hated someone to the extent you wanted to kill them, then any age would do. The point would be that you got the satisfaction of getting rid of the person.

You would have to be rather anti-Soul to want to do that though.

INT21.

...At his advanced age? What would be the point? ..

If you hated someone to the extent you wanted to kill them, then any age would do. The point would be that you got the satisfaction of getting rid of the person.

You would have to be rather anti-Soul to want to do that though.

INT21.
He wasn't a particularly nice man. Probably had a few enemies.

I do not know if he was murdered.
But if he was murdered, my thinking is that it was done in such a way as to look like a death from a medical cause, so that someone could get a payout from a life insurance company and to get as much of James Brown's estate as possible.

Interested in this and got time to spare? A "Longform" series of three (long) articles on the subject. Haven't read it yet, but their stuff is usually good - and long.

https://longform.org/posts/the-circus-singer-and-the-godfather-of-soul

I read it--and it's interesting--but when you strip out the character sketches and the writer's impressions, you're left with a lot of unsubstantiated suspicions. The fact that so many have similar suspicions is evidence only of the need to carry out a police investigation, not of a murder.

I recall reading an article about Adrienne Brown's death some months after the fact. I no longer remember the name of the publication in which it appeared, unfortunately. If memory serves, the main argument put forward in that article was that the multiple procedures performed on Ms Brown during one surgery were a contributing factor in her death. The article raised questions about the judgement of her surgeon (or surgeons) in agreeing to perform so many procedures at one time.

I recall reading an article about Adrienne Brown's death some months after the fact. I no longer remember the name of the publication in which it appeared, unfortunately. If memory serves, the main argument put forward in that article was that the multiple procedures performed on Ms Brown during one surgery were a contributing factor in her death. The article raised questions about the judgement of her surgeon (or surgeons) in agreeing to perform so many procedures at one time.
Unfortunately, if you're rich enough you can find a doctor willing to do anything.

Kanye West's mother is a case in point, she was warned cosmetic surgery might be dangerous, but had enough money to get it done by an unscrupulous surgeon. She died.

Kanye West's mother is a case in point, she was warned cosmetic surgery might be dangerous, but had enough money to get it done by an unscrupulous surgeon. She died.
She didn't die on the operating table. She was at home when she died. However - a proper surgeon would have told her not to have so many procedures done in one go.

I reckon it was his children - the tragic result of bad parenting, combined with confusing gender issues: he was, after all, and by his own admission, a bad mother.

Erm...I'll get me coat, shall I?

Back