The Good Stuff Online Thread

Ermintruder

Existential pixelfixer
Kate Tempest- this girl is seriously good. I heard her twice on R4 (UK NPR) and was hooked. She is beyond poetry or rap...just stunning.
You've heard the name, now. So take her words to heart

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Kate Tempest- this girl is seriously good. I heard her twice on R4 (UK NPR) and was hooked. She is beyond poetry or rap...just stunning.
You've heard the name, now. So take her words to heart
I've seen her before somewhere, she's good isn't she .. I know it's wrong to pigeon hole but if I had to, I'd describe her as a contemporary beat poet, her style reminds me of the 60's scene .. and that early 80's punk poet John Cooper Clarke ..

Swifty

Who said it ? .. Bush or Batman ? .. a match the quotes game from ten years ago

hunck

Justified & Ancient
The folks in Uranus Missouri seem to have a sense of humour - they're launching a newspaper - The Uranus Examiner.

The Mayor doesn't like it though.

“No. I’m sorry. But the innuendo of that title puts my city up for public ridicule, and I will not be a part of it,” Hardman was quoted as saying.
upload_2018-9-14_22-27-31.png

Located about five miles from the city of Waynesville – which has a website containing warnings about the release of natural gas – Uranus has become known less as a town than a series of extended puns.Its tourism website states that “there’s a lot to do in and around Uranus”, and local sites include a fudge factory and a competitive axe-throwing facility called the Axehole.

In 2017 the St Louis Post-Dispatch described Uranus as “a strip mall gone delightfully, disgustingly wrong – or right”.

kamalktk

Justified & Ancient
The folks in Uranus Missouri seem to have a sense of humour - they're launching a newspaper - The Uranus Examiner.

The Mayor doesn't like it though.

“No. I’m sorry. But the innuendo of that title puts my city up for public ridicule, and I will not be a part of it,” Hardman was quoted as saying.
View attachment 11638

Located about five miles from the city of Waynesville – which has a website containing warnings about the release of natural gas – Uranus has become known less as a town than a series of extended puns.Its tourism website states that “there’s a lot to do in and around Uranus”, and local sites include a fudge factory and a competitive axe-throwing facility called the Axehole.

In 2017 the St Louis Post-Dispatch described Uranus as “a strip mall gone delightfully, disgustingly wrong – or right”.
Mayor Luge Hardman... hmmm...

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Mayor Luge Hardman... hmmm...
Ha! I never noticed that. On looking it up in Wiki, It's actually Louie Keen, who reportedly owns all the businesses in Uranus, the land it's built on, & has proclaimed himself mayor. The 'town' consists of 25 people according to wiki.

It holds the Guinness world record for largest belt buckle

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Haven't they got, like ... akvavit? Perhaps one of the Scandinavian board members can enlighten us. I also note that Spain now 'strongly prefers' drinking beer. As does Bulgaria. And Switzerland is on the turn...

Belgium also seems to be losing the preference for beer. On a related note, I met a Belgian this year who described British beer to me as 'pisse de chat'.
Belgium is a remarkably schizophrenic country, being split around 55% Dutch speaking and 45% French speaking.
In the mainly Dutch speaking areas (e.g. Brugge) the preference is very much for beer.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member

I'm so looking forward to getting this box set £155 that the price on Metallica official website I'll see if I can find it cheaper than that.

An update.l have found it cheaper on what records for £149.99
Musically it's probably my favourite Metallica album, closely beating Master of Puppets, but I wonder what they've done with the absurd bass sound--it just goes WHUUUUUUP most of the way through the album and has no definition whatsoever. It fills the gap at the bottom, but it's just crap.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Musically it's probably my favourite Metallica album, closely beating Master of Puppets, but I wonder what they've done with the absurd bass sound--it just goes WHUUUUUUP most of the way through the album and has no definition whatsoever. It fills the gap at the bottom, but it's just crap.
It's been made pretty clear That the album was only going be remastered and not remixed.

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Great stuff here.

How we got from the Boer War to the Great War in terms of arms and equipment:

A collaboration between two historical-firearms channels.
I got ridiculously into his Youtube channel "Britishmuzzleloaders".

It's deeply, deeply strange and relaxing...like high-grade morphine...soporific...

Swifty

Professor Eric Laithwaite getting down with the kids - The circle of magnetism