The Good Stuff Online Thread

Bad Bungle

King of the Trilobites
Atomic Robot Man was the second oldest toy robot produced *, made in occupied Japan in the 1940's. Cool enough to be in the Old School Cool thread (Daddio) and I don't know how much an original would cost but .. some-one in the BB clan (besides me) is getting a Chinese replica with sharp edges and swallowable bits for Xmas.
From Jesters.com and they do other types of wind up toys as well. https://www.jesters.com/tin-toys/page/5.html

Atomic Robot Man.jpg

* First was Lilliput robot ?

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Atomic Robot Man was the second oldest toy robot produced * ...
* First was Lilliput robot ?
So it would seem ...

The first tin toy robot to be made is believed to be Lilliput from Japan. The square, yellow robot was always thought to date from the 1930’s, but experts now believe he was actually first made in post-War occupied Japan around the mid-1940’s. The next robot that was released was Atomic Robot Man in the late 1940’s. He was given out as a promotional gift at the 1950 New York Sci-Fi Convention.
The History of Toy Robots
https://blog.retroplanet.com/the-history-of-toy-robots/

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Is it?

I don't know the full story.
Every time a helmet cam is mentioned in conversation with a friend of mine, he tells me Michael Schumacher's device worn while out skiing was the reason he has brain damage, because they're not very safe to wear on your head while sporting. In ice hockey matches, they were banned immediately after the Schumacher news got out.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Every time a helmet cam is mentioned in conversation with a friend of mine, he tells me Michael Schumacher's device worn while out skiing was the reason he has brain damage, because they're not very safe to wear on your head while sporting. In ice hockey matches, they were banned immediately after the Schumacher news got out.
You mean the camera compromised the structural strength of the helmet?

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Been there done that.i went to ects twice in 90s I managed to get tickets even though I'm not involved in the game industry just a gamer and I got too play the n64 demo of turok the second time I went the ai was much better than in final version.

Last edited: