The Good Stuff Online Thread

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Not much of a chase is it though. It trots after the roadrunner for a short while then quickly loses interest when it disappears into a bush.

Ogdred Weary

No Lives Matter
Reaction score
What do you expect, false tunnels painted on rock walls and cunning traps supplied by ACME? ;)
At the very least the coyote should run several metres off a cliff, then pause looking at the camera, then look down, then attempt to tip toe back to solid ground before falling down a thousand feet deep drop.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Door-opening tool for these Coronavirus times:

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Colin Furze makes Griff's expendable baseball bat from Back The Future 2 .. this is heavy

Ermintruder

Delineated by a professional cryptozoologist
Reaction score

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Worse than English for that, sure.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Liked the God Emperor Of Dune recreation, also like the cosplay re-creation of Courage the Cowardly Dog by Solange Amorim and Yubaaba, proprietor of the Bath House by Tia-sol.

Solange-Amorim-cosplay.jpg tia-sol-cartoon-cosplay-2.jpg

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Let's all take a floaty stroll tour around a section of the ISS

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
From the History Restored YouTube Channel. The clearest footage I've seen of the disaster.

Hindenburg disaster 1937 | Restored Quality | 2880p | History Restored

This is upscaled, colored, denoised and fps boosted footage of the hindenburg disaster from 1937. This has been achieved with the help of machine learning.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
Today's Observer has a thoughtful piece on folk who choose to live in decades other than our own.

I'm glad one commentator makes the point that few people in the past could afford a lifestyle or "look" that was contemporary. When we see images of those lifestyles, they are usually derived from catalogues and exhibitions of the day. Those who indulge seem to be happy to explore the reasons for their fetish, while avoiding the delusions of a Golden Age. In most of the cases, it is striking that their chosen era is not drawn from simple nostalgia for childhood scenes but stems from the hauntology of earlier eras.

I have neither the space nor the resources to indulge all my retro-urges* but maybe I would if I could. :thought:

*A full set of Inquisition tools costs an arm and a leg!

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
From the History Restored YouTube Channel. The clearest footage I've seen of the disaster.

Hindenburg disaster 1937 | Restored Quality | 2880p | History Restored

This is upscaled, colored, denoised and fps boosted footage of the hindenburg disaster from 1937. This has been achieved with the help of machine learning.

Would Kate Adie had lost her shit like that? Still a timeless quote.