The Good Stuff Online Thread

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Perhaps not so much a child virtuoso prodigy on violin or piano, more a young girl who was overall born a musician and whether playing classical, flamenco, jazz, bossa nova or country rock, just plain understands the diverse nuances as a natural gift.
This is a performance I hadn't seen previously.

The ever so talented little one, takes on another musical genre.

She couldn't possibly also excel with this, whilst once more appearing to do so quite effortlessly... :)

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
This is a performance I hadn't seen previously.

The ever so talented little one, takes on another musical genre.

She couldn't possibly also excel with this, whilst once more appearing to do so quite effortlessly... :)

That's a pretty sophisticated piece of music! She is seriously talented.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Note for self: Really need to pay more attention and stop quickly browsing through threads.

It's just that... on Thursday's postings, Lord Lucan wrote, 'There is so much cool shit online', which was followed by Mythopoeika replying to our aforesaid Lord Lucan, commenting

"The brown nectar! Can't eat food without it!".

Simply that it wasn't immediately clear Mythopoeika was replying to another of Lord Lucan's postings...

...pertaining to Worcestershire sauce.

For sure, it's obvious now that I have more time to follow the context properly. Just that sufficient time had elapsed since Thursday, for my initial take on matters kind of occasionally, 'preying on my mind'... so to speak... :eek:

Last edited:

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
The USA consumes more Worcestershire Sauce than the rest of the world combined
We just need to get some people to pronounce it correctly as I have heard some people pronounce it....Warrrr....Sess....ter....Shy-errrr Sauce
Instead of the correct pronunciation... Wuss-ter-sheer Sauce

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
We just need to get some people to pronounce it correctly as I have heard some people pronounce it....Warrrr....Sess....ter....Shy-errrr Sauce
I thought the correct pronunciation was Wuss-ter-shur? ..

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
If you're talking about the sauce and not the the place it's pronounced wuss-ter. Nobody says the entire word in that context.

Peripart

Antediluvian
Reaction score
If you're talking about the sauce and not the the place it's pronounced wuss-ter. Nobody says the entire word in that context.
Well, not quite nobody, I'm afraid. I'd say "Worcester" to refer generically to a fishy sauce made by one of any number of manufacturers. However, if I am referring specifically to the original Lea and Perrin's version, it's "Worcestershire" every time for me!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Well, not quite nobody, I'm afraid. I'd say "Worcester" to refer generically to a fishy sauce made by one of any number of manufacturers. However, if I am referring specifically to the original Lea and Perrin's version, it's "Worcestershire" every time for me!
There's always one. :chuckle:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Ha!

Anyway, on the same general subject, I spotted the other day that our current bottle of L&P Worcestermumblemumble sauce has a Russian label. What's that all about?
Does it a bit abnormal? Like perfume?

Peripart

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Does it a bit abnormal? Like perfume?
Not really, but it's a good way for learning Russian, working out the Cyrillic letters for "sauce" and so on. Not all of it is quite so obvious - "novichok" probably means "anchovy" or some such.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score