The Good Stuff Online Thread

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Heard about this site on a podcast yesterday, it's pretty cool. Click a button and get a random view out of somebody else's window around the world!
Possibly a life-changing post for many of us.

My first view is from Pierre's Window, with a blue sky over stunning mountains - maybe the Alps?

Oh and look, the curtains are blowing in a gentle breeze as well... :twothumbs:

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I tried a few "windows" and the image "flickered" in all three.
No problems here... been to New Zealand, Costa Rica, Croatia and Hemel Hempstead!

Maybe just come across what will undoubtedly be glitches and worth persevering? :)

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
Got some sort of portal to another dimension opening up outside Marilyn's window in Winchester, MA, USA
Untitled.jpg

SketchyMagpie

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
I tried a few "windows" and the image "flickered" in all three.
That's unfortunate, I've not seen any issues!

If any of you want to contribute a view from your window, there's a submit button where you can upload your own (you don't have to keep it going live, you just upload a 10 minute video).

TangletwigsDeux

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
If you want a bookmark for a fave window - right click the video itself and then "This Frame" - open in new tab.

You will get a link like:
Code:
https://player.vimeo.com/video/494603579?autoplay=1&controls=0&loop=1&app_id=122963
Strip everything after the number (ie ?autoplay=1&controls=0&loop=1&app_id=122963 above), and this will leave you with a standard Vimeo link you can bookmark, share, whatever.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
The website that randomly takes you to something audible and usually pretty damned awesome. I've been playing with this for some time and every site it's taken me to has been amazing. Give it a try.

https://audibly.netlify.app/
I keep playing with the interactive bamboo wind chimes. blink blonk blinka blonka blinky blonk