The Good Stuff Online Thread

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score
The exchange that begins at 17:48 is when Clough goes clinically for the jugular.

And then making Revie repeat his confession is pure rhetorical method.

Revie is clearly rattled and has difficulty remaining equable from then on.
Revie was never quick-witted enough to keep up with Cloughie. My favourite bit of mischief from BC in that interview is at 24:20 where he suggests he might apply to Revie for a coaching job with the England youth team- he's clearly done it (at least partly) to wind DR up and it worked!

TangletwigsDeux

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
This is cool. A Google Earth like map where every green dot is a radio station. Simply click on one to listen. Enjoy!

http://radio.garden/
Wow Firefox hates that site with a passion if you have tracking protection turned on! It goes into a fit of reloading over and over again, quite soothing really.
EDIT: Oh it was forcing HTTPS that broke it good and proper - letting it use plain HTTP bought it too life.
Great site when I allow it to do what it was trying to do though!

:comphit:

Last edited:

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Re: Best of the Handforth Parish Council Planning & Environment Committee Thursday 10th December 2020 - YouTube

Latest Handforth Parish Council Zoom again descends into chaos

Wednesday's meeting was being watched on YouTube by more than 3,500 people at one stage, with some members of the public seen smoking on the Zoom call while another person shielded their face with a large safari hat.

Members of the public interjected and made cat-calls throughout the meeting.

Wednesday's meeting included a number of references to the viral meeting, with members of the public interrupting proceedings with laughter and quoting catchphrases like "read the standing orders, read them and understand them".

An argument also broke out among the councillors about the previous meeting's minutes
etc.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Amazing abandoned Hobbit house:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
These are the most amazing hobo nickels I have seen so far:

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Raniero Testa of Winchester throws 17 clay pigeons into the air by hand, then breaks every one with his Winchester SX4 shotgun before any of them can touch the ground. Time elapsed: 2.08 seconds:

Rate of fire? Apparently equivalent to 490 rounds per minute. That’s almost equal to a Sten gun, and faster than some other submachine guns.

maximus otter

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Raniero Testa of Winchester throws 17 clay pigeons into the air by hand, then breaks every one with his Winchester SX4 shotgun before any of them can touch the ground. Time elapsed: 2.08 seconds:

Rate of fire? Apparently equivalent to 490 rounds per minute. That’s almost equal to a Sten gun, and faster than some other submachine guns.

maximus otter
Throwing all those clay pigeons high up into the air is a feat all by itself. But I guess it was necessary to keep them all bunched together for maximum damage. If they'd been launched by machine, they may have been spread further apart.