• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

The Good Stuff Online Thread

Ogdred Weary

Very Naughty Boy
Reaction score
That has the polar bear at about 720 meters - can't be right surely..

Looking it up here, maximum dive depth is given as around 14 meters.
Polar bear is at 18-28 metres, depending whether you're going from head or feet?

Mr. Banooka

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Just discovered on Reddit, this looks like fun and could be quite the time waster.

Description: This site drops you into a random place in the world and makes you guess where it is.

https://virtualvacation.us/guess
Was 8 for 10 on just England. The only ones I got wrong were Glasgow and Cardiff. I'd actually guessed at Cardiff, but wrote it off because it isn't in England. I should have guessed Glasgow as I spent a lot of time there in the late 90s.

The perks of extensive travel for work back in the day.

Ogdred Weary

Very Naughty Boy
Reaction score
Was 8 for 10 on just England. The only ones I got wrong were Glasgow and Cardiff. I'd actually guessed at Cardiff, but wrote it off because it isn't in England. I should have guessed Glasgow as I spent a lot of time there in the late 90s.

The perks of extensive travel for work back in the day.
They've made the frequent mistake of conflating the UK or GB with England.

Mr. Banooka

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Their geography knowledge is pretty poor.

‘The Madeira Island(s) are a group of islands located in Portugal’?

And it‘s not even a picture of Madeira!

34C1F72A-2E10-4844-8E50-1D0CF2F885CB.jpeg

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
This is quite good - an unidentified body, Execution Dock where pirates were hung on a short drop so they were asphyxiated slowly rather than neck broken in a long drop - William Kidd, who pirated for the Governor of New York [!] was hanged then gibbeted for several years where his body decomposed, a 30 year old murder solved - the 1928 flood, & more.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FunkyTT

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
I thought there was a thread for Fortean YouTube vids , cant find it, I must have got mixed up with this one.

i listen to creepy/weird stories almost every night while going to sleep. Here's a couple of my fave channels who I think deserve much more subs than they have got currently.

Dogman Narratives - Crypid encounters (not just Dogmen) , that are animated. I love these!!! The animation is super professional , to say someone has just knocked it up on a computer at home,

Beyond Creepy - This guy covers some very obscure cases , im sure he's a FT reader. We'll put together channel. He covers everything from time slips to aliens and Cryptid sightings.

And last but not least , the original Dogfather ... Mr Vic Cundiffs Chanel, the best guy in the Dogman community IMO. He doesn't get involved in the bitching which has been going on with some other Dogman channels. He's a professional and a gentleman , and really try's to help the people who are traumatised after seeing one if these creatures.

Wow, just started listening to this latest encounter that he put up last week , the guy been interviewed says he's got PICTURES. .. Ooh can't wait to see them.

Last edited:

Ogdred Weary

Very Naughty Boy
Reaction score
i listen to creepy/weird stories almost every night while going to sleep.
Bloody hell, do you get any sleep? I'll listen to Lovecraft audio books if I can't sleep as his stories aren't actually scary but can't listen to MR James or more traditional ghost stories as the inherent fear factor keeps me up.

FunkyTT

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
The title of that Beyond Creepy vid above gave me a shock , " a creature in Thompson" .... Well I hope not! It's my surname you see.

FunkyTT

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Bloody hell, do you get any sleep? I'll listen to Lovecraft audio books if I can't sleep as his stories aren't actually scary but can't listen to MR James or more traditional ghost stories as the inherent fear factor keeps me up.
It actually helps me drift off , I am a weirdo though lol.
The music that "beyond creepy" has at the start n finish of his vids is super relaxing actually. I'll usually nod off about half way through a 15min vid.

Lovecraft audio books , yes I do those too! There's another good YouTube channel called "horror babble" I think you might like. Lovecraft and similar stories read by a guy with a good reading voice.

uair01

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
It actually helps me drift off , I am a weirdo though lol.
I'm just such a person. These are my favorite "going to sleep" horror stories. Great readers! Works like a charm.

Ogdred Weary

Very Naughty Boy
Reaction score
I'm just such a person. These are my favorite "going to sleep" horror stories. Great readers! Works like a charm.

Ligotti is similar to Lovecraft in that his stories aren't viscerally scary, he'd be good for sending you off that regard.