• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

The Good Stuff Online Thread

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
They look young, I didn't realise they were that young. Were you there in a shell suit and brandishing a cigar?
I was there .. the shell suit was at the dry cleaners. I didn't film this one, there's an over 5 minute version of this moment on youtube but life's too short to listen to local councillors name checking each other over a P.A. . One of the girls is ****** who used to be one of my waitresses, she was a bit of an arsehole to me at the time but she's since voluntarily apologised about those days .. I didn't bring it up .. she's cooler now (because she's now also sometimes put into positions of authority and younger people have challenged her lol) and ended up also performing as an extra as a stage dancer behind John Hurt on Cromer Pier for the film In Love With Alma Cogan. :) .. and the world keeps turning ..

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
That's excellent Yith - was it done with one of those mini drones?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
This has 'gone viral'.

Ten attempts, but the final video is a single-take shot with foley and dialogue added in post-production.

Very elegant.

Wow. How did they film that?

mikfez

Generally Bewildered
Reaction score
Zen and The Art of Model Making - The Story of Philip Reed

Hearing him talk is just as fascinating as his model making

The story of Philip Reed, a man who has committed his life to his craft; a lifetime of scrutinising detail, obsession, perfectionism, and in the end, something truly beautiful.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Fans of Farscape might be interested in how they did the prosthetics for the Namtar character: