GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
Reaction score
Floral display in the foyer of the George V hotel (Four Seasons), Paris:
George V hotel Paris.jpg

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
In the Steptoe episode A Star Is Born Corbett's character tries acting in a play but does badly and is humiliated.
That might have seemed a little close to the bone even then.

It's such a magnificently depressing comedy.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
U.S. members, save money on visiting England because travel restrictions are relaxing because here's a Weatherspoons pub simulator. Added bonus is Manchester people swearing in the background but no massive climb up three flights of stairs to get to the toilet ..

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
U.S. members, save money on visiting England because travel restrictions are relaxing because here's a Weatherspoons pub simulator. Added bonus is Manchester people swearing in the background but no massive climb up three flights of stairs to get to the toilet ..

It’s got the classic waiting room ambience, & dig the carpet..

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

''e's in Strangeways doin' a ten-stretch.'
'That would not surprise me.'

:chuckle:

Swifty

Reaction score
One for Mytho, 3D printing with sugar granules ..

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
That once happened to me. A skinnier person would have fallen through onto the concrete below. I just got jammed and had to be pulled out, swearing forcefully.
This did happen to me in Bath in 1981 - walking along Pulteney Street I moved some wood from the path and promptly dropped 12ft into a barrel vault underneath straight onto concrete or stone; how I survived with such minor injuries - bumps, cuts and bruises - I've no idea. I think I was lucky I went straight through the hole rather than catching one of my arms...

The same night also saw me skinny-dipping across the River Avon with the girl I went out with from 1984-1990, and who died recently.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Another brilliant piece today from Tom Scott.
He makes so much great stuff.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
This did happen to me in Bath in 1981 - walking along Pulteney Street I moved some wood from the path and promptly dropped 12ft into a barrel vault underneath straight onto concrete or stone; how I survived with such minor injuries - bumps, cuts and bruises - I've no idea. I think I was lucky I went straight through the hole rather than catching one of my arms...

The same night also saw me skinny-dipping across the River Avon with the girl I went out with from 1984-1990, and who died recently.
You and me, we're like EastEnders, we are.

kamalktk

Antediluvian
Reaction score

Alzheimer’s Disease Nasal Vaccine To Be Tested At Brigham And Women’s Hospital​

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/11...-protollin-brigham-and-womens-hospital-boston

-------------------------------------------------
The hospital announced the launch of a clinical trial Tuesday to test the safety and efficacy of the medicine, which has been researched for nearly 20 years.

According to the Brigham, the nasal vaccine is “intended to prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s.”

Sixteen people between the ages of 60 and 85 with early, symptomatic Alzheimer’s will be studied. They’ll each get two doses of the vaccine one week apart.

“Potentially it could be a treatment for people with the disease and even more important it could be something to prevent people from ever getting the disease,” lead researcher Dr. Howard Weiner said.

The vaccine uses something called Protollin to stimulate the immune system. That is expected to activate white blood cells in the lymph nodes in the neck and send them to the brain to clear out beta amyloid plaques, a distinctive feature of Alzheimer’s.

Swifty

Reaction score
Grandson explains what the term cockblocking means to his Grandparents. Worth watching all the way through :popc:

Austin Popper

Emperor of Antarctica
Reaction score
Colorado, where the gold is still elusive
I've just discovered this fellow. I think of him as "Groundskeeper Willy, Movie Critic". I've only seen this one so far, but I'll be watching more. He makes some very good points, in quite a fun way. Go ahead, Willy, don't be shy with your opinions!

Ogdred Weary

Rough Beast, slouching towards Bethlehem
Reaction score
I've just discovered this fellow. I think of him as "Groundskeeper Willy, Movie Critic". I've only seen this one so far, but I'll be watching more. He makes some very good points, in quite a fun way. Go ahead, Willy, don't be shy with your opinions!

He's one of the Culture War Grifters who gets upset or worse pretends to get upset when someone alters IP aimed at children.

He sometimes makes some good points but is shit at at pretending to be drunk.

Austin Popper

Emperor of Antarctica
Reaction score
Bummer. I was hoping he was Big Clive's drunk cousin who had been to film school. Oh well, plenty of other youtubers to watch.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score

Maybe you discovered it when I posted it at the beginning of this month on the worst movie ever thread.

Austin Popper

Emperor of Antarctica
Reaction score
There are many, many threads here I have never looked at. I just scroll right past most of them when I visit. I could never be a moderator on a forum like this.