• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Odd Obituaries (Funny; Critical; Etc.)

Not anybody notable but here is her obituary anyway
Sybil Marie Hicks
dyrbwgav4aepbzo.jpg

It's always nice to read an obituary in the FT of a real character I was previously unaware of, and the Reverend David Johnson was certainly that. Here's what The Church Times had to say about him:
Obit

He was such a troublemaker it's almost shocking he became a man of the cloth, but he did. I bet there will be some great stories still being told about him well into the future.

This new Florida obit is scathing, to say the least ...
Lawrence Pfaff Sr.

Lawrence H Pfaff Sr. was born in Belmont, NY, on April 16, 1941. He passed away on June 27, 2022, living a long life, much longer than he deserved. He is survived by his three children, no four. Oops, five children. Well as of 2022 we believe there is one more that we know about, but there could be more. His love was abundant when it came to himself, but for his children it was limited. From a young age, he was a ladies' man and an abusive alcoholic, solidifying his commitment to both with the path of destruction he left behind, damaging his adult children, and leaving them broken.

Lawrence, Sr's hobbies included abusing his first wife and children. He loved to start projects but never followed through on any of them. He enjoyed the life of a bar fly for many years ...

Lawrence, Sr. did spend over 20 years in the NYPD, but even his time in service was negligent at best. Because of his alcohol addiction, his Commanding Officer took away his gun and badge, replacing them with a broom until he could get his act together. ...

It will be challenging to miss Lawrence, Sr. because he was narcissistic. He was incapable of love. Lawrence, Sr.'s passing proves that evil does eventually die, and it marks a time of healing, which will allow his children to get the closure they deserve. Lawrence, Sr. can be remembered for being a father to many, and a dad to none.

Posted online on July 02, 2022
Published in Florida Times Union
FULL OBITUARY: https://www.jacksonville.com/obituaries/pfla0245589
(This is the Florida Times Union website)

Sounds like it could have been my own father's obituary.........LOL!
Harsh, and definitely deserved.

Back