• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Grand Bay Wolfman (Alabama)

gatesofcerdes

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I live in a small community on the Alabama Gulf Coast, and we have what is called the Grand Bay Wolfman. From all accounts, it looks nothing like a wolfman but is more Bigfoot-like. There is also a Paranormal society here. I work in a small shop where there are strange noises and occurrences, (banging, voices when no one is there, strange apparitions on the security monitor, etc). My co-worker and I want to have the Paranormal Society investigate, but Corporate would have our heads for doing it. Working on a way around that.

Please do tell us more, in some detail. This sounds fascinating!

Well, as for the Wolfman, it is said to sit on bridges in the area. An account can be found on the BFRO website www.bfro.net. Look for report #17168. My nephew told me about it when I first moved here, and I googled it. The residents whom I've asked about it either say they've never heard of it, or pooh- pooh the idea. But this is a tightly knit agricultural community, in existence since about the turn of the 20th century, and may not take kindly to outsiders asking questions. There is (to me, anyway) a spooky vibe to the whole place. Even before I heard of the wolfman, I felt I didn't want to be outside by myself at night. I lived in New Orleans for several years and never had that kind of feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back