• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Grave Of Robin Hood

dances with werewolves

Hi Black DOG and Oggie fan if interested,

Oggie fan has now said that she feels it a bit iffy to continue with the "I have a dream" situation. Nevertheless I ama intrigued to hEar that other people,including Catherine of the FRIEND OF mANhester message board, may have had similar dreams, espacially when then had never seen him before in the first place. Dreams are very strange things. I have some very peculiar dreams myself . Bishop M DREAMED that Princes Diana came to visit him at the exact moment of her death--floating over her lake in a nightie-- even though she never knew him--or did she !!! Not to cast any asperisons on this vision, but surely she would have gone to will and harry first. I would, as a MUM.
But the Queen MUM AND Princess Margaret DID NOT visit him in such a way. To be honest when myself and my team were visiting a church called Burghlawwis we got strange vibrations on a seat in the churchyard. We did not know then then the the QM ha died...........why should she tell us?????

Barbara

Dreams and visions

Well talk about being childish this goes to show the lack of mentality over the situation. People have had strange dreams and visons for many years. Like Barbara has said people have weird dreams and whose to say what is weird and what is normal. Is life Normal or is is just everyone's imagination? Do we exist or not? Is this some terrible dream that we are living in?

The bible is full of visions and dreams. Ie Joseph and Moses to name just a couple.

How do you know that Catherine from the Friends of Manchester board has had these weird dreams have you ever spoken to her about them? Has she ever spoken to you? And if the Bishop did have a vision/dream about Princess Diana does it matter? This is totally irrelevant to this situation. I have read many people contacting the spirit of Diana, Elvis, John Lennon to name a few. There is even a thread on here titled "Elvis Lives" or something like.
Rember Good always wins over Evil.

nebuchanezzars dream

Hi there,
No one can deny anyone their dreams,sleeping or otherwise. In the Bible many people had prophetic dreams. There was also genocide, racism ,animal sacrifice and lots of very nasty things happening in the Bible. The bible isn't Enid Blyton.As I said before there are several peoplE who have contacted me about their dreams about RHG,maybe my head is getting muddled with it alltrying to figure out what it is all about. I still dream about my dog,my grandma and a cat I lost (RIP)recently, but that is understandable. Bereavement dreams are normal,even many years after the event, but I've neverhad a similar dream about someone I did not know that was simply a media figure.I have had Robin Hood dreams myself but not in a bereavement context.They have been about the grave but did not have you know who in them. However, I have suffered psychic attacks about Robin Hood, but I won't go into that.
Sorry if I have sounded like a doubting Thomas. I did mention that stange experience we had in that churchyard while we were doing Robin Hood research down in the Wentbridge area--the vibrating bench ! What all that was about I could not hazard a guess,we did not know that the Queen mum had just passed away--no disrespect intended,to her or any other person,still waiting to hear from JPL that address you want,

Barbara

Remember, it's important to get your gas fire checked at least once a year for signs of CO leakage.

I'll probably delete this post later and replace it with something more suitable.....

Maybe like "Drugs are bad kids! Stay in school--don't be a dropout!"

Robin Hood Grave Dreams Continued

Dear Barbara,
We've all suffered from berevement at sometime or other. Sorry to hear that you have just lost a pet we lost our eldest dog last year she was 19 and had to be put down because she couldnt walk poor lass.

For the past week or so I have felt that something is about to happen although do not know where or when and have felt uneasy all week for some strange reason best known to myself. I have not visited the grave for some time but feel as though I ought to once the weather is better to see if I still get the same sort of feeling that I get. Awhile ago I took some friends of mine to visit and funnily enough one of my friends felt the same way as me. She is devout Catholic and believes in all the paranormal.

No rush for the JPL address, take your time.

God Bless, Oggie.

keeping to the point

Dear Oggie fan and others
Sorry if I seem to have wandered off the point again, but back to the subject of the strange dreams of Robin Hoods Grave. I noticed on your picture that the two posts had been repaired, also there is a kind of edifice inside the grave that you can't see from the outside. I wonder if they have erected a special monument or if they are doing some repairs.They were going to turn the gatehouse into a holiday flat but thank goodness that idea has fallen flat.(joke)
I too feel something weird is going to happen,though I expect we are all a bit jumpy with things at the moment.Anyway better not say anything else or I might overstep the mark. I wonder what Stu meant? There were three people who sat on that bench--if I was wanting to make something up I would have invented something better than that. ThankS for your sympathy over the animals.

Barbara

Being Jumpy

I agree with you Barbara,
I'm definately jumpy at the moment and possibly a bit paranoid over everything. If you want to PM me JPL's addy rather then leaving it on the message board or email me please feel free to do so.

Like I said earlier I think that I am best leaving the situation as it is rather than go further into it as I do not want to go too deep as to not be able to get myself out. I feel I'm struggling as it is with one thing and another.

Thank goodness that we both have friends who can help us in the situation. I've just read your Secrets of The Grave book quite interesting. Also your Yorkshire Robin Hood book too the one with the blue cover. I found them both interesting.

secrets of the grave 11

Dear Oggie fan
I am back at work this week so don't have as much time to dwell on things....just as well . However I am starting to keep a new diary since completing SOTG as there has been a lot of things happen in the past two years and the story, alas, seems far from over. Those pictures are under investigation at the moment and some new connections come to light. I quite appreciate your wish to keep a distance with it all but as soon as I decide to give it all up something else happens and am back on the case!

Sweet dreams--I hope they are and you have no more nightmares about bishops and strange beings rising out the of the grave !It would help if we knew what he was trying to tell us but maybe we will never know !It will remain another mystery--as if we don't have enough !

Barbara

the laste poste

Dear Oggie fan-- I hope you are more than a fan by now and have become Oggie's friend-if not--best friend!
To get to the point==John Pope de Locksley has phoned me tonight and said that you can have his phone number which is (removed by moderator)
He is happy for this to be public but until he has spoken to you and ascertained the situation he doesn't want his address given out.
Jolly good show old bean,
Bye for now Barbara
ps
Hoping this is not transgressing any rules but JPL has a lot of info on Jack the Ripper-- who he now claims to have been a fireman--as well as Robin Hood.

Thank you Stu also for putting up with us !

Perhaps a private message would have been more appropriate, do you know how dodgy it is posting somebodies phone number on here?

He could get all sorts of weirdo's phoning him, txting him etc.

blessings all round

Dear Many Angled One--what a funny name, what on earth does it mean, physically or otherwise. I would like a nom de plume but there isn't much point in my position, though I am sometimes called Warrier Queen or Greenwych.....
However, to get to the point!
Oggie fan has requested me not to e mail her privately as she is getting out of her depth or in too deep or something like that as I understand it, no disrespect to Oggie or his fan.
JPL was quite happy for me to put the number on the mb, I asked him first, as he did not want to give out his address, and I don sincerely hope that the Fortean mb is not beseiged by too many queer folk !
While on the subject our meeting today of the local Robin Hood Investigations and leagalise the Grave, we would very much appreciate anyone who,obviously in West Yorkshire, would like to take part in our film RG AND THE HOLY GRAIL which is near completion. My e mail is bgreen@juliet 33.freeserve.co.uk (hoping I am not inundated by too many weirdos!)
Also at the meeting came the subject of the blessing of the grave--again. The grave was not allowed to be blessed in 1990 when it was requested via a local priest and the Bishop of Wakefield and the bishop of Pontefract got into a bit of a pickle about the whole thing.
Now it has cropped up again and guess who has ofered to bless the grave. I had better not say, but it says in aletter to this peson "I have taken note of your offer regarding the grave--in fact what I have submitted to lLLady Armytage is the following--but she has no belief in the disturbed element whatosoer--so I have to to tread carefully ! As the site gets more and more prepared for opening to the public--and we are looking at a period of some two years I believe--I have suggested that to prevent further activity in the press etc the grave ennclosure is enclosed(????) this will be done for security reasons with alarms, then it would be a gesture of goodwill to have the grave blessed and I will make any recommendations as to who should do this(again nothing personal but driven by tact) but felt it would2BED" THE yrhs cohorts.
..............if I could persuade Lady A that you should be allowed to persfom the cermeomy--and perhaps we would need to have a Cof E vicar I await to hear that you would be willing to do this." etc etc

As this person to do the blessing is a very famous bishop , and as the person writing the letter (briefly publishedf on FT MESSAGE BOARD 6.8.02 and quickly delated, thinks that Anglicans are all hypocrites----its a bit dickipoggy to say the least.

Sorry many angled person to go off again,though I have answered your point,

Barbara

"JPL was quite happy for me to put the number on the MB. I asked him first, as hed not want to give out his address, and I don sincerely hope that the Fortean mb is not beseiged by too many queer folk"~Barbara Green

So why is John Pope's address published by John Pope himself no less on Colin Hamer's website (three quarters of the page down) at http://www.truegood.fsnet.co.uk/laird.htm ?

well I never!

Dear Oggie fan,
I didn't know JPL'S address was on the website you speak of, I haven't read every word on it ! Neither have I looked in it for some considerable time. I am only doing what you requested which was to ask JPL for his address for you ( which if you already knew it seems a bit queer, but mine not to reason why)
and as I don't give out anyones address or phonE no without their permission, so thats all I can tell you. Hope its not a problem.
On the subject of your dreams, it is strange to report that there is another local lady having very similar dreams and a man also,a little further afield. We are trying to correlate the dreams --strangely enough I haven't had that sort of a dream exactly, but there are a few of us who seem to be under some kind of dickipoggy influence that may be directly connected to visiting/researching RHG. IF ever you feel you can share these experiences more fully it would be helpful to our research,

Best wishes Barbara

ps I think the grave should be blessed. We did bless the four points of the ley lines(crossing at the grave) about ten years ago
and a very seniour ANGLICAN clergyman who also blessed the Bermuda Triangle said some prayerS for us.

JPL etc

" I didnt know JPL's address was on the website you speak of."-Barbara Green

I have only made te discovery of this site by putting JPL's name in a search engine.

However, there are volumes of material on the same site, linked to JPL's webpages.

Your postcards and photographs,includng the spooky picture, are all on the same site where JPL has published hs address.

It seems strange that you haven't read what JPL has written, especially as he has as made a contribution to your website, Barbara.

and........the point is?

Dear Oggie Fan,
I have indeed seen the website you describe but to be honest it is quite a long time since I looked into it and it kept getting changed and as I am completely hopeless at understanding how wesbites work(I did not create my own) and the new addresses which kept appearing due I believe, to, ahem, parts of it getting closed down at one point, I think we both know why, I did not have instant recall and did not make any connection. Its as simple as that--or is there something I'm not understanding?I did my best to do as you asked--obviously if I'd remembered this,if I had noticed it in the first place, I would have pointed you in that direction and saved myself time and trouble.

Barbara

mr pope de locksleyH

Hi folks,
Just to say that I have checked out this website Oggie mentioned and there are three Robin Hood strands on it now--Dr Hamer keeps changing things. There are lots about JPL and his claim to Robin Hood ancestry.the number is http://www.theneithnetwork.freeserve.co.uk/robin1.htm

There is so much detail on there I could not possibly rewr ite on here and also some bits about my good self

Hope that clarifies the situation, there was no hidden agenda, but Dr Hamers website covers allsorts Robin Hood is just a bit of it,

Barbara

Website Queries

There's also a lot of your copyright material (images and text) on Colin Hamer's website. Almost the entire contents of one of your publications about the Robin Hood gravesite seems to have been published. Presumaby this is with your full approval?

As you, too, promote JPL on your Yorkshire Robin Hood website, I just wondred whether you agreed ith what he has to say on the link I provided on an earlier post where his address appears. He speculates, for example, that he is Merlin the magician. Is this something that you would agree with, or feel likely to be the case? I have quoted him below, word for word:

" My teacher of Yoga tells me I've now attained the Roshi level. Since I'm still rather young for that, this suggests I may already have been a Master in some previous life. Perhaps I am Merlin. We're told his father was the devil, his mother a nun, and his grandfather a Welsh king of Demitia; his real name was Ambrosia Myrddyn, pronounced Mertheen" (John Pope De Locksley)

requiem for robin

Dear Oggie fan

Please can I remind you not to go off on a tangent. This thread is about the grave of Robin Hood. If you are writing to JPL now you can ask him these questions if it worries you so much. I have been through all this challenging behaviour on other message boards and threads(to no avail !) which have ended up being closed down and I should remind you that I'm not on trial . A certain person , as well as Colin Hamer who did have my permission,used that postcard you mentioned and a picture of me etc on his website without my permission so I am afraid the pot is calling the kettle black but I have explained it all before several times and I'm not doing it again. It all sounds very familiar !.
I would be more interested in hearing what you think about the proposed plan to bless Robin's grave especially in view of the bizarre dreams you and other people have been having.Also the grave's history . Don't you think it would make sense in view of the grav'es history and also as a mark of respect to Robin. Little John has a beuaitiful grave in consecrated grounds at Hathersage.
Let the true spirit of Robin come through us all and let the rest, rest in peace,

Peace and love

Barbara

Going of on a Tangent

"Please can I remind you not to go off on a tangent. This thread is about the grave of Robin Hood. If you are writing to JPL now you can ask him these questions if it worries you so much." (Barbara Green)

What I raised is not off topic, as your own material confirms that you and JPL have attempted a sort of ritual (I'll leave you to fill in the details) at the Kirklees gravesite some time back. Surely you wouldn't get involved with JPL doing that unless you were in harmony with his method? What strikes me as odd is where JPL is coming from, as he considers himself to be Merlin (he describes Merlin as being the son of the devil). The word dickipoggy springs to mind. Others must be drawing similar conclusions.

I feel its only fair, Barbara, to give you the opportunity to clear up any misunderstanding, but all you do is talk about being "challenged" and being put on "trial". Why are you so defensive over all this? I only asked?

By the way, I am not in contact with JPL and after recent discoveries about him I don't think that I will be getting in contact with this "Merlin" character. He sounds decidedly dodgy and dickipoggy.

dickipoggy ritual

Dear Oggie fan
I have described the "ritual" several times, as well as on my own website. I don't know what JPL actually said, but no one was dancing around sky clad in the rain I assure you.I took him to the grave because he wanted to see Robin's grave and could not get permission . I haven't the foggiest notion about the Merlin situation and to be honest your style of" communication " is becoming rather like of a certain person. All this busybodying around about how people run their lives and making aspersions and innuendos is starting to get on my nerves. Please don't put that sort of thing on this thread or it will be closed down,how many times..........
Now, Oggie, please answer my question--how do you feel about blessing Robin Hood's grave. Do you think it would help your dreams? Do you think it would put all these rumours of ghosts and curses to rest ?

Barbara

Since only two posters are currently perpetuating this thread, perhaps the two of you should resolve your differences by PM.

If things get out of hand on thread, it will be closed.

okay

okay,'nuff said. Think we should call it quits too--its going nowhere

Barbara

:p ;) :) :) :)

Its a while since I posted about Robin Hoods GRAVE at kirklees in West Yorkshire so I thought an update might be useful,also under a different thread as this is more archeological news. I have heard--and am still trying to confirm--that Time Team has been, or is foing,top do a dig at Robin Hoods Grave in West Yorkshire. This will probabaly include the grounds also of the ancient priory where Robin was buried, and hopefully the priory gatehouse which is in a state of disrepair. Planning permission has gone in for the gatehouse actually, to turn it into an office or a holiday flat, which sounds horrifying, but the only plus side to that is that it would stop the building actually crumbling away, and seemingly is the cheapest option to the landowner.
If--if Robin's bones were found it would be a sensational dicovery and if the bones were DNA tested then it may go somewhere towards dating Robin Hood's identity as there are so many theories about who he was and it is impossible to prove without real evidence--such as bones!

I have written to Tony Robinson for his views but so far had no reply. I gather--from looking at his website--that he used to play the Sgeriff of Nottingham in his Madi Marian tv series--which he wrote!

Barbara Green Yorkshire Robin Hood Society

Question - how could they verify that any bones found were those of Robin Hood? Does he have known living relatives with whom the DNA could be compared?

dna--robin's bones

I don't know, Stu--that's what we need to find out--there are some claims I do know, but how they would be proven is another matter. But I think if carbon dating was done, then it may be able to place Robin in a specific time scale--at the moment it goes from the 1100s right to the mid 1300's.

There are other things of interest on the land anyway. There is a Roman earthworks which is long neglected, and the priuory itself,though apart from the gatehouse it has all been knocked down and built on, but there were lots of local people,including the nuns--and it is said their illicit offspring--buried on the land,

Barbara

Re: dna--robin's bones

Dog Of War said:
I don't know, Stu--that's what we need to find out--there are some claims I do know, but how they would be proven is another matter. But I think if carbon dating was done, then it may be able to place Robin in a specific time scale--at the moment it goes from the 1100s right to the mid 1300's.
Well, you see that's my point, Barbara - how would they know which bones were even supposed to be Robin Hood's, especially in light of...
ibid
There are other things of interest on the land anyway. There is a Roman earthworks which is long neglected, and the priuory itself,though apart from the gatehouse it has all been knocked down and built on, but there were lots of local people,including the nuns--and it is said their illicit offspring--buried on the land,

Barbara
:confused:

I don't think the discovery of one or more skeletons will bring us any closer to finding any link with Robin Hood, even with carbon dating and DNA testing (for obvious reasons with the latter, as Stu pointed out). It would be even a bit more speculative than TT can sometimes be ;)

the valley of dry bones

Well, they must think they are going to find something or they wouldn't be wasting their time there would they?
If I get a reply from Tony Robinson I'll let you know,I've also posted on the channel 4 time team site to try and find out, so far drawn a neg--so maybe they ar e keeping some big secret....whatever, anyway and so forth, the Kirklees area is an important archeological site and I am pleased that some proper research is going to be done at long last.
Up until recently it was a virtually impossible task to get anywhere near the place except by jumping over the wall and creeping through Blair Witch type woods.....but the ghosts are on another thread, stick to the archeology here--though it seems even more to get any facts on as the ghosts.......

Just also, I have noticed, I got logged in as Dog Of War who I am not --DOW has used my computer in the past so thats how that accidently happened!

Barbara

Re: the valley of dry bones

barbara green said:
Well, they must think they are going to find something or they wouldn't be wasting their time there would they?
..possibly because...
ibid
...the Kirklees area is an important archeological site and I am pleased that some proper research is going to be done at long last.
And as for:
ibid
Just also, I have noticed, I got logged in as Dog Of War who I am not --DOW has used my computer in the past so thats how that accidently happened!

Barbara
Oh, right. So did you log out as Barbara Green and then log back in accidentally as DoW?

Back