• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Great Pyramid Yields Secret Gallery

Yeah, they were following one of the vents in the pyramid.
There was a false door they drilled through, just to find another one a few meters in. Did find more graffiti, which is cool.

OK, glad I wasn't imagining it.

Didn’t there used to be theories about pyramids being booby trapped to seal in looters?
I’m thinking about a room filled with tons of sand above the tomb that empties and seals the robbers inside.

Didn’t there used to be theories about pyramids being booby trapped to seal in looters?
I’m thinking about a room filled with tons of sand above the tomb that empties and seals the robbers inside.
If I remember right, there were a couple of traps. Large granite blocks.
But the robbers just dug around.
Helps that the robbers were likely part of te build team

This newly-claimed 'void' may have been a deliberate design feature intended to reduce the static load on the gallery cavity below.

It seems multiple folks are speculating / hoping this void might eventually provide insights into how the massive structures were constructed. For example, one article I saw suggested the void might be a vestigial residual space or gap that the construction protocol unavoidably required.

There's a Tarzan movie that ends like that in an Aztec pyramid (rather than an Egyptian one), killing the baddie.

It's...

Tarzan and the Valley of Gold.

This newly-claimed 'void' may have been a deliberate design feature intended to reduce the static load on the gallery cavity below.

It seems multiple folks are speculating / hoping this void might eventually provide insights into how the massive structures were constructed. For example, one article I saw suggested the void might be a vestigial residual space or gap that the construction protocol unavoidably required.
Could also just another rubble fill. Large, but it's not unknown.

I'm more impressed by the notion of our now having ready access to robotic scarab beetles with cameras, tbh...

Send them in!!!

I wonder what could POSSIBLY be concealed in there... :D

My guess? A team of Egyptian builders sitting around a pot of tea, reading the red-top Daily Ra. When the first ray of sunlight from the archaeologists' new tunnel illuminates them, one of them will pop the rollie out of his mouth and intone the ancient mantra, "It'll be finished Thursday, mate."

maximus otter

If you spend any time around me, you'll find I have a great deal of gas.

Was wondering what that smell was when I opened the fridge door. Moulding myths.

Hertfordshire.

Back