• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The HAARP Project

A

Anonymous

Okay people. Whats the story with the HAARP project?

I want to know what the HAARP project has to do with "The Hum". Over the past 5 years there has been a growing number of reports of a humming sound that hurts the ears and drives a person insane with it's constant tone.

This has been attributed to the American HAARP Project. What do we know about the HAARP project and have any of you ever experienced the hum?

It is constant and always there at night when all is silent.

I would not necessarily suspect the HAARP project of this "humming" issue.

Supposedly HAARP is being used to modify weather patterns through electromagnetic waves - not sound.

The effect of humming is caused by the production of sound waves, and there is an interesting culprit available for this.

ELF or ULF, depending on your proclivity for acronyms, has more far-reaching implications here.

The US Navy has been "playing" with ELF as a communications medium for the nuclear submarine force. The reason being is that due to the inherent qualities of ELF, the low frequency wave actually passes through solid matter as if it were not there. Until now, the subs had to surface to receive their encrypted radio transmissions. Now though, they can remain submerged since ELF passes straight through the ocean.

Science and government has also been mucking about with audio weapons testing to develop nonlethal control.

With the correct frequencies, we all know that you can break a glass like in the now famed Memorex commercials.

But it should also be noted that lower frequencies and specially tuned frequencies also have a direct impact on human physiology.

I would be willing to guess someone may have hit on a combination of radio/ELF transmittal whereby the ELF pulse carries multiple other frequencies in piggyback through solid matter.

Since the human ear can only identify sounds within a fixed range, ELF pulses "fired" from great distances would leave no trace of the source, nor be indentifiable from its immediate location.

We just "assume" that the cause is close by because we "think" we hear it there. :rolleyes:

Possibly::::

'The Hum' could be a result of many things, the most mundane of which would be traffic noise. The vibration of vehicles travelling can cause low frequency sounds to be transmitted via the underlying rock and earth, also via the air.

The source could be miles away or behind environmental features, but low frequency sound has much more penetrative force and carries much further than more highly pitched sounds. The source might not be apparent...

Also, low frequency pressure waves (depending on the exact pitch) can be felt in the body, if not actually heard. Harmonic resonance can can set aural apparatus vibrating at a ratio of the fundamental tone or vibratory rate. If you pluck the low E string of a guitar you will see that the high E and the B string are also set in motion (the other strings to some degree too). They are part of the harmonic sequence extending upwards from that particular tone (the sequence also extends downwards). This works with inaudible frequencies too - it is possible to hear, or at least feel, the resonant product of ultra low frequency waves...

Perhaps...

Bye

Martin

Some of the hum stories are hard to dismiss as they seem
to affect significant numbers in specific areas.

But elsewhere, I do wonder if people are living in towns and
expecting there to be a true silence which never happens.

Distant traffic is one obvious cause of a hum or roar. I live
close to a large hospital site and the air-conditioning?
system means a constant machine noise, always audible when
I open my windows at night. There are factories within a half
mile or so which may have generators etc.

I do have sensitive hearing and one phenomenon I have noted
is an uncomfortable sensation, hardly a sound at all which
precedes the arrival of aircraft, of which there are many. There
is also a wave of air which travels ahead of road traffic: the
pressure makes the windows of my house flex, even before the
sound of a truck on the main road reaches my ears.

HAARP is no doubt a horrid piece of military wickedness but the
grand conspiratorial theory that we are being systematically
driven mad has no obvious winners. A spot of ergot in the water
supply would probably be cheaper than all that hardware. :eek:

James Whitehead said:
I do have sensitive hearing and one phenomenon I have noted
is an uncomfortable sensation, hardly a sound at all which
precedes the arrival of aircraft, of which there are many.

The uncomfortable sensation that you feel preceding the arrival of an aircraft could well be due to the substantially higher speed of sound in solid media than in the atmosphere. Presumably the ground will conduct the sound (preferentially low frequencies) to you, some time before the direct transmission reaches you.

Re: Okay people. Whats the story with the HAARP project?

-Oracle- said:
I want to know what the HAARP project has to do with "The Hum". Over the past 5 years there has been a growing number of reports of a humming sound that hurts the ears and drives a person insane with it's constant tone.

This has been attributed to the American HAARP Project. What do we know about the HAARP project and have any of you ever experienced the hum?

It is constant and always there at night when all is silent.

The HUM was around a lot earlier than HAARP, but maybe not HAARP's grand-daddy. The Hum was widespread news in the mid and late 1970s, particularly across southern and southwestern Britain. Some people were putting down to Frank Spencer impersonations, I believe.
:D

Re: Re: Okay people. Whats the story with the HAARP project?

Hermes said:
The HUM was around a lot earlier than HAARP, but maybe not HAARP's grand-daddy. The Hum was widespread news in the mid and late 1970s, particularly across southern and southwestern Britain. Some people were putting down to Frank Spencer impersonations, I believe.
:D

Of course you can't forget the "woodpecker". This was "clicking sound" heard on short-wave during (I think) the '70s. A program that I saw at the time suggested that it orginated from deepest darkest Russia.

France, a target of HAARP?

I'm sort of shocked that I haven't seen any suggestions that the heatwave that is currently stomping all over Europe [especially France, 10,000 dead? What the hell?] isn't being caused by the US with HAARP in retaliation for, well, whatever it is we're supposed to hate France for now.

Have all the conspiracy nuts been banned? With Kathsung declaring his delusions of microwave malfeasance [sic] all the time, I would think someone would have picked up on this!

Of course, with my luck, it's already posted somewhere, and I just missed it.

I'm frankly quite shocked that that tiny a heat wave could kill that many people. In one of the towns I used to live in [near Texas] the temperature would regularly get up to 110 fahrenheit in the summer time.

Trace Mann

Bump! Haarp threads merged.

I feel better for that - it seems ages since i had a good merge - mind, it was 50-50 whether to merge Pumpkin's post in the 'Too Damn Hot' thread instead... [rynner witters on...]

Oo-er. I expect there is another thread for this somewhere already, but I have experience "the hum" frequently since I was about 6 or 7, and only when I'm at home (rural Aberdeenshire). It always starts between 1am-2am, and sounds like a car revving up, continuously, just on the edge of hearing. I imagine if it was going all day, it would easily drive anyone mad. Interestingly, it happened more on weekends, Saturday and Sunday nights, in the summer.

The humming you describe, is similar to something that happened to me about 4 years ago. every night at 9pm I would start to feel sick, no reason just felt ill and has a pressure building up in my head, and I remeber the noise your on about. I could hear it plainly (due to my exceptional hearing). I lived only 15 miles from a RAF base, maybe it was military related, or maybe I have a brain tumour. Who knows.

The only thing odd about it is I can kinda get a feel for the direction it is coming from.

What ever the cause, it still happens, now at 5pm till about 10pm and i've moved house too, although i'm still in the same town.

"You'll only know you hit the truth and frayed some nerves 'up top' when the bulet passes through your head, then enters your chest from behind, hits the wing mirror of your car and finally critally wounds your passenger."

:hello: my first post.

Darren Dawson said:
"You'll only know you hit the truth and frayed some nerves 'up top' when the bulet passes through your head, then enters your chest from behind, hits the wing mirror of your car and finally critally wounds your passenger."
A dramatic first post! Welcome! (I'm one of the Mods, in case you didn't already know.)

And where's the quote from? We like to give references here, it gives us a sort of respectability! (And by golly we need it!)

Ooh, I had a pressure building up in my head kind of thing too, from late March to mid-April, and it was horrible. That wasn't timed, it was constant, and accompanied by tinnitus in one ear.

I thought it might be (at worst) something wrong inside my head, so I did the relevent research. Apparently if you get very stressed (which I had been in early March) you can develop some syndrome which causes tinnitus and eventually deafness - apparently this is what caused Van Gogh to cut his ear off. Needless to say, I took a week off and spent a lot of time doing the opposite of stress.

Incidentally, this also happened when I went home, and we live directly in the line of sight of a mobile phone transmitter... :eek:

Rynner, the quote is my own, just a critique of one of the reasons put forward in the assassination of JFK and a quote from a short story I have been considering writing (its based on a re-ocurring dream I have)

I was thinking about this phenonomen and I seem to remember the Earth generates all sorts of RF and sound waves due to tectonic plate movement, causing emormous amounts of energy to be released.

Could be a reasonable natural cause. The timing could be due to tidal movements of the mantle increasing/descreasing pressure on the stress points of the crust. We have had a number of quakes in the UK in the past few years.

Anyway back to toddler sitting and the Tellytubbies (the most despicable form of brainwashing ever created) and learning the number 2!:grouphug:

do we still HAARP on about HAARP?

This was on our company's intranet today:

Virtual News Room
In The News - Archives

10 June 2004
BAE SYSTEMS RECEIVES $35 MILLION FOR HAARP PROGRAM

The Office of Naval Research has awarded BAE Systems a $35.4 million contract to manufacture 132 high frequency (HF) transmitters for installation in the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program’s (HAARP) phased array antenna system. The contract was finalised April 19 with BAE Systems Information & Electronic Warfare Systems in Washington, D.C.

The HAARP program collects and assesses data to advance knowledge of the physical and electrical properties of the Earth’s ionosphere. “We look forward to contributing to this critical program. This is an opportunity for BAE Systems to play an important role in expanding knowledge of the Earth’s ionosphere. Significant potential applications include long-range communication, sensing and satellite vulnerability to nuclear effects,” said Ramy Shanny, BAE Systems vice president and general manager for Advanced Technologies (AT).

In 1992, AT was awarded a contract to design and build the Ionospheric Research Instrument (IRI), the HAARP program’s primary tool used to study ionospheric physics. The IRI is currently composed of 48 antenna elements and has a power capacity of 960,000 watts. When installed, the additional 132 transmitters will give HAARP a 3.6 mega-watt capacity. The HAARP build-out is jointly funded by the U.S. Air Force, the U. S. Navy and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).

Too many conspiracy theories around the thing...but given that some new activity is starting it's possible that it might get a little more attention.

WTR To the "woodpecker signal",the Russian's supposedly microwaved the U.S emabassy,with the result of the staff feeling sick and nauseous,and some later being diagnosed with form's of cancer.

coppermedic said:
WTR To the "woodpecker signal",the Russian's supposedly microwaved the U.S emabassy,with the result of the staff feeling sick and nauseous,and some later being diagnosed with form's of cancer.
This story may be related to the bugging of the US embassy.
In 1946, Soviet school children presented a two foot wooden replica of the Great Seal of the United States to Ambassador Averell Harriman. The Ambassador hung the seal in his office in Spaso House (Ambassador's residence). During George F. Kennan's ambassadorship in 1952, a routine security check discovered that the seal contained a microphone and a resonant cavity which could be stimulated from an outside radio signal.
http://www.spybusters.com/Great_Seal_Bug.html

I think this was first mentioned in Peter Wright's book"Spycatcher",there's some interesting stuff in there soviet bugging activitie's,and also the west's attempts to try and locate them,which they did sometimes but were frustrated by soviet agent's within MI5 and MI6.

Strange that HAARP can't stop all of the recent hurricanes... ;)

I live with a constant humming sound. It's just tinnitus. yes, it would drive you mad if you weren't used to it. There are a lot of people walking around out there with damaged hearing and not aware of it - I wonder if they're just putting their own tinnitus down to the hum?

Have two or more people ever experienced the hum together?

JerryB said:
Strange that HAARP can't stop all of the recent hurricanes... ;)

My first thought was that someone will be claiming that 'THEY' are using HAARP to create hurricanes.

Of course they are using it to create hurricanes which in turn allows Dubya to give more relief funds to Florida (which has just been announced) hence saving him the trouble of going to court all over again to get a second term..... to paraphrase hannibel from the A Team

' i love it when the facts come together'...:)

Back