• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Hatchet Job On Stan Friedman In FT383

There's no doubt that UFOs represent an incredibly complex phenomenon and the simple "flying saucers from outer space" scenario just doesn't fit. Strange things in the skies -- and strange humanoid beings -- have been reported for centuries. Maybe the fairy/jinn theory could apply. There's also no doubt that there are highly classified projects in the US that operate under the strongest form of compartmentalised security, some of these dealing with advanced propulsion systems. They managed to keep stealth totally secret for decades. And there is also no doubt that, ever since Roswell, the alien visitors notion has been actively promoted by agencies such as AFOSI. I am certain that the HIlls' alleged abduction case is an example of this. If nothing else it is a good cover story for the black projects activities. But the core phenomenon is still there -- strange aerial vehicles exhibiting incredible performance characteristics, and humanoid beings behaving in equally strange ways. I doubt that anyone in official circles really understands what is going on, the ludicrous stories about US presidents meeting aliens and the like are just designed to keep the UFO believers (believers rather than serious researchers) active and keep the noise level at max.
The super-secret 'advanced propulsion' and 'retro-engineering' projects, if real, present a problem with the fairy/jinn theory. Where has that nuts-and-bolts technology come from and why is it not declared if it's 'uncontroversial'?

The super-secret 'advanced propulsion' and 'retro-engineering' projects, if real, present a problem with the fairy/jinn theory. Where has that nuts-and-bolts technology come from and why is it not declared if it's 'uncontroversial'?
The story is complex, and I don't think there is any way of finding one easy answer. The technology behind "advanced propulsion systems" comes from a variety of sources -- the Biefield-Brown effect is one well known area of research, there was also technology acquired from nazi research late in the war, and no doubt others that we have no info about. There's no controversy about the existence of such programmes, but obviously they are not going to reveal their results until they want to. NASA is also interested in such things for space travel purposes. Nick Cook's book, The Hunt for Zero Point, is a good starting point to get an idea of the situation.

...the Biefield-Brown effect is one well known area of research,
I should point out that in the real world the Biefield-Brown effect is too weak to lift any vehicle and its power source off the ground in Earth gravity, so it is almost completely useless. Maybe if we had a power source thousands of times more powerful than any currently available, it might be possible to lift a self-powered craft off the ground, but that isn't going to happen any time soon.

I should point out that in the real world the Biefield-Brown effect is too weak to lift any vehicle and its power source off the ground in Earth gravity, so it is almost completely useless. Maybe if we had a power source thousands of times more powerful than any currently available, it might be possible to lift a self-powered craft off the ground, but that isn't going to happen any time soon.
It is alleged that the Biefield-Brown effect has been employed on a stealth bomber to facilitate take-off. But so far, I suspect you're right -- even with the flame-jet generator the lift would be insufficient.

My last eight or so working years were spent at a metallurgy laboratory.
We could provide (and did every day) the chemical composition of ANY sample sent to us.

I can't see why the composition of this item should be such a mystery.

INT21.

I find 'psycho-social' pretty handwavy. I don't think so far it's any better than the ETH. However, people do see UFOs, and there has to be some explanation (or explanations) for the phenomenon. Perhaps we'll live to hear it.

If you ask me this psycho-social thing is caused by aliens.

You're from the planet Faceta? It's YOU! YOU'RE the alien!

Back