• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I don't blame you man .. have you ever been back to the house ?

I wonder if current residents have experienced any weirdness since?

the address was already given i think
Thanks for your input so far Colin and please forgive Naughty Felid's excitement, we don't often get first hand accounts around here! .... hopefully you can also enjoy and join in with some of our dafter threads and talk about non Hexham related stuff as well mate (I'd recommend the Chat area where we babble about all kinds of fun crap .. occasionally it's even insightful) ..

Back to business though, according to this link, 3 Rede Avenue, Hexham is listed as the finding location of the heads:

https://theurbanprehistorian.wordpress.com/2014/01/27/the-hexham-heads-part-1-the-discovery/

3 Rede Avenue, Hexham, these search results don't look like the same house to me? .. Colin help please ! ... are either of these your old home? (if you'd prefer not to look then please don't)

https://www.instantstreetview.com/@54.967709,-2.095334,53.04h,5.24p,1z

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/property-history/3-rede-avenue/hexham/ne46-1db/42912625

edit: .. and we sometimes follow a tradition here of posting an appropriate sounding tune to each other to match a conversation .. aka 'Every Thread needs a tune' .. I reckon this one will do so I'm dedicating it to you, your family and your then neighbours ;).. because life can get pretty weird mate as you know ..

Last edited:
I'd just like to clarify a few points regarding the Hexham Heads. I am one of the daughters of the Robson family and it was my two younger brothers who unearthed the heads.

They actually discovered them in late May/early June of 1971. I know this as factual as I was on my honeymoon in Scotland when the boys found them an took them to Hexham Abbey to see if the priest could identify them. Initially they were thought to be Roman and ended up at the Newcastle Museum of Antiquities. It was early 1972 when we were paid a visit from someone from the Museum but I can't recall his name. We were told then that they were assumed to be of Celtic origin from about 200BC and that the human head had been worshipped by the Celts and that they would place decapitated heads bought back from battles and place them on posts around the settlement as protection. They apparently also carved heads from stone and place them on pillars in their temples.

The half man half wolf apparition had been reported from other Celtic sites and according to the guy from the Museum there apparently was a site in Germany where the locals would not go near because of similar sightings.

When the heads were in the possession of my family we placed them on a shelf and every morning we noticed that they had moved position to face the spot where they had been found. To ensure no one had tampered with them through the night I decided I would place them under my bed where no one could access them but the next morning they had moved from the top right of the bed to the bottom left - as near as possible to the spot where they had been discovered. Crazy but this is all true.

My elder brother received a call recently as he now owns the family home and it was from someone who is making a film about the heads but I don't know any further details. The last time we new the whereabouts of the heads was that some guy from the local TV news had them.
Is this lady who posted as WendyD your Sister?

Hi just read a few of the posts regarding the hexham heads just like u all to know that I am Colin Robson and I found them in my garden aged 11 would be glad to chat and tell u the real story if u interested all's a few years ago Paul screeton and another guy interviewed me and recorded it on video but have heard nothing from him about it
I've just typed 'Paul Screeton Hexham Heads' into youtube's search engine and found this ..

.. and I returned to my 70's childhood home about 20 years ago now (Featherstone Road, Streetly, Sutton Coldfield) .. it was crazy emotionally but not in any paranormal way .. my mate Paul asked me to give him a lift to Sutton because he was taking a motorbike proficiency test so we took a detour to my old road. I couldn't believe how run down it looked! .. it was like those scenes in Back To The Future 2 when Marty McFly returns to an alternate 1985, I remember our street was pristine back then and full of well to do people. We sneaked around an old path I'd remembered to get to the back of my old home and I peaked over the back of my garden fence then heard "CAN I HELP YOU?" .. two women, one looked to be in her late 60's and the other late 80's so I blurted out "I'm sorry to be trespassing, my names **** and I used to live here, my parents names are **** and ****" .. the older woman gasped and I said "Are you Mrs ****?" .. it was her and she was still alive !! :):thrash: .. I told her about my memories of her and her husband who used to have a a bit in her kitchen cupboard with sweets especially for when me and my big sister would go around and I asked her if she'd mind if I could give her a hug .. MASSIVE smiles all around .. even my mate who looked like a rough Hell's Angels type but was in fact soft as shit melted ..

I'm not sure if you should go back to your old home area after all this time has passed though, maybe it could somehow be therapeutic or it could also instead open old wounds? .. I'd do it anyway if I was you but then that's just me ..

My parents still live in the house where I was born. Everybody else has either died or buggered off.

My parents still live in the house where I was born. Everybody else has either died or buggered off.
My Mum and Dad have been able to sort of evolve into each new place they've lived .. I don't think they're cold or anything and it's never been for lack of money (lucky them!), it just seems to be that they've made the correct choice for themselves every time .. they live in a house that they paid to be built now in the middle of France .. imagine a building that's built as a cross from an Ariel view , there's sliding doors at each intersection so they can transform the living spaces to become whatever they want .. they built it with us kids and grand kids in mind visiting although I sadly haven't been able to visit it apart from back when it was a building site .. they've also got 4 guest bedrooms, one of them built for me and the Mrs. I really need to get my shit together and go and stay with them. They've never grown up and still time trial race Lotus 7 cars :plane:

Hi just read a few of the posts regarding the hexham heads just like u all to know that I am Colin Robson and I found them in my garden aged 11 would be glad to chat and tell u the real story if u interested all's a few years ago Paul screeton and another guy interviewed me and recorded it on video but have heard nothing from him about it

So can you tell us the real story & some details as to what happened post discovery? We'd love to hear.

They have nothing Toulouse.

"They are the original Beckham heads my friend"

Heaxham?

lol I think someone is pulling something...

I'm always misspelling stuff in my posts, most of us probably do and I expect Colin's the same.

Back