• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Ica Stones (Peru)

A

Anonymous

it would be cool if the ica stones of peru where true

these stones were supposidly found by some scientist guy and the carvings on the stone show ancient incas performing such tasks as brain surgery, flying planes and riding dinosaurs. I dont think they are real tho but who knows

As for the ICA stones, okay, if they represent an ancient civilization doing incredible medical procedures, how come they used such a primitive way to register them. I mean, a society that can have such capable hands for a brain transplant can also have great artists also. Good hands for the operating table, good hands for the carving. Of course, the number of stones could mean that some actually represent medical procedures performed in ancient times, like the Aztecs, Mayans and Olmecas (mesoamerican cultures, I know) did, but they were relativaly easy if you compare them with brain surgery.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC, there was an article on those Ica Stones and other related stuff in FT about a year or so ago(?) AFAIK, they were shown to be fakes.

The latest Cabinet of Curiosities video is now up, looking at the Ica Stones.

IIRC, there was an article on those Ica Stones and other related stuff in FT about a year or so ago(?) AFAIK, they were shown to be fakes.

Here's the Fortean Times article:

Jurassic library - The Ica Stones

According to geological evidence, the Age of Dinosaurs and the Age of Man are separated by roughly 60 million years. That has not deterred the dream-spinners of Hollywood from supposing that dinosaurs survived into the present (The Lost World), or that they can be genetically recreated (Jurassic Park). other movies in this genre have played with the idea that, somehow, man and the dinosaurs may have co-existed. Filip Coppens suggests that the still enigmatic Ica Stones are the archæological equivalent of the movie One Million Years BC. Additional material by Bob Rickard and Philipe Aubron Mezanges.

By Filip Coppens
October 2001

https://web.archive.org/web/2008031...cles/259/jurassic_library_the_ica_stones.html

A long defunct website created on cox.net by member Dave Hanson once provided a wealth of information about the Ica stones - including excerpts from the English translation of Dr. Javier Cabrera Darquea's book on the subject.

A large number, if not all, of Hanson's webpages are archived at the Wayback Machine.

Hanson's webpages about the Ica stones were originally spun off from an earlier website, making them difficult to access if one begins with the archived version of his original website.

Here is the homepage of the spun-off website dedicated to the Ica stones:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110604122412/http://members.cox.net/icastones/home.htm

... And here is the primary text from the homepage:
The Ica Stones
The mysterious collection of Dr. Javier Cabrera
and the implications of the message of the stones

In the town of Ica, Peru there is a unique collection of over 11,000 stones that were collected, organized, and analyzed by Dr. Javier Cabrera Darquea. His home has become a museum for these strange artifacts, which are engraved with scenes of an ancient people, and are believed to be an encyclopedia of ancient knowledge. Amazingly, some of the scenes show things which most mainstream archeologists believe to be impossible, including man interacting with dinosaurs, performing complex medical procedures (brain surgeries, heart transplants, genetic experimentation, etc.), and depictions of the Earth's continents as they were millions of years in the past. An unfortunate (and untrue) branding of the stones as a hoax early on has dissuaded what little genuine scientific curiosity made it past the barriers of the status quo. However, it is the opinion of Dr. Cabrera, myself, and others that the stones are indeed genuine, and that their antiquity is proof of a previously unknown ancient civilization whose existence has been lost to history. All that remains is a record of their knowledge, carved in stone (the only medium that could survive for thousands of years). If the message of the stones can be fully deciphered and accepted, it will change our understanding of ancient man, and re-write the history books in a big way.

This website was constructed for the late Dr. Javier Cabrera, known to the world as the caretaker of the Ica Stones of Peru. My friend Sue and I had the honor of meeting with Dr. Cabrera in May of 2001, a mere seven months before he passed away after a long battle with cancer in December of that year. During the time that we spent with him, he gave us the guided tour of his museum, as well as a lecture on the message of the stones and an analysis of some of the more important examples in his collection. He allowed us to videotape him, photograph the stones, and generally take up his afternoon, even though he had to get out of his sick bed to do so. This gracious man even presented us each with a stone to keep as souvenir, making our incredible meeting an even more unforgettable event.

Dr. Cabrera knew that we were not only knowledgeable about his theories, but believers in the validity of the stones' antiquity. I told him (through our interpreter-guide) that I made Internet websites for a living (and/or hobby), and that I would make one on the Ica Stones so that their message could reach more people around the world. He seemed grateful and pleased, and I knew that this would prove to be an interesting and worthwhile project.

I was very saddened to hear about the passing of Dr. Cabrera. He carried the torch for his personal crusade for decades, and I doubt if his family will be able to outshine him in that respect. While it would have been nice if he could have lived to give me further input and material for the site, I was grateful for the time I was able to spend with him, since that opportunity is now forever lost. I doubt if I will be getting back to Ica anytime soon, but hopefully the material that I have now (most of which comes direct from Dr. Cabrera's book) will be enough to pique the interest of those who will be going (or would like to go) to Ica to see the stones for themselves.

The Cabrera Museum in Ica, Peru is still being run by his family, and is currently open by appointment. Copies of Dr. Cabrera's book "The Message of the Engraved Stones of Ica" used to be available at Cabrera's museum/home, but I heard that they are now sold out (at least of the English edition - there may be some of the Spanish language edition still available). I also was led to understand that now that the book is sold out and the family cannot afford to have a second printing, so the book is now out-of-print and unavailable until further notice. (If you hear anything differently, please email me.)

For those who are despairing that the book is now unavailable, I have converted the vast majority of the book into HTML format, and it is now available for reading in the excerpts section of this website (listed under "The Words of Dr. Cabrera"). All you have to do is read all of the excerpts in order, and you will have read 90% of the book (the remaining 10% did not deal with the Ica Stones, and was in my opinion not necessary for the topics at hand).

If you wish to visit or write to the Ica Stones museum, here is the address of the doctor's house and museum:

Dr. Javier Cabrera Darquea:
Plaza de Armas,
Bolivia No. 170
Ica, Peru.​

Here is the entry point for accessing Hanson's Web presentation of most of the text from Cabrera's book.

https://web.archive.org/web/20111004225649/http://members.cox.net/icastones/exerpt_index.htm
The Message of the Engraved Stones of Ica
by Javier Cabrera Darquea

This section will contain excerpts from the book "The Message of the Engraved Stones of Ica" by Dr. Javier Cabrera Darquea. The book is not available through any normal bookstore, but is available for purchase from the late Dr. Cabrera's family in Ica, Peru. It was originally written in Spanish, although an English-translated version is available. I have the English version, and so will use quotations from that source. The translations seem to be imperfect at times, so the reader should bear with the grammatical flaws, as they are probably the result of translation problems rather than the writing skills of the author. Dr. Cabrera planned a second volume that would expand on what he had written in his first book, but as far as I know this second book was not finished prior to his passing in December of 2001.

The individual sections of the English transcription are hot-linked from this entry page.

Back