• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I didn't realise she had admitted guilt!
I may have over-egged the pudding slightly - this is what she said.

Maxwell said she empathized with the survivors and that it was her “greatest regret of my life that I ever met Jeffrey Epstein.” Maxwell called him “a manipulative, cunning and controlling man who lived a profoundly compartmentalized life,” echoing her defense attorneys’ assertions that Epstein was the true mastermind.
Maxwell said she hoped that her conviction and her “unusual incarceration” bring some “measure of peace and finality.”
Which seems like some sort of admission..

Some would say she got off lightly and though her sentence is to be applauded, how many will be left unaccountable for the roles they played in this deplorable saga?
Incremental victories. Even though others may not be prosecuted, she was and apparently amply deserved it.

Incremental victories. Even though others may not be prosecuted, she was and apparently amply deserved it.
I want to ask if all the cruelty she helped inflict was worth spending 20 in gaol, and everyone else thinking she's utter scum...

I may have over-egged the pudding slightly - this is what she said.

Which seems like some sort of admission..
Yeah, you're right. I wasn't sure about her blaming him at first though. But I guess she can be a victim too, as she was seemingly groomed and a groomer at the same time.

Last edited:
Yeah, you're right. I wasn't sure about her blaming him at first though. But I guess she can a victim as she was groomed and a groomer at the same time.
I'd say she was effectively groomed - or at least dominated - by her horrible father as well. Not an excuse. But I've no doubt Epstein could see her potential from the outset, just as Brady did with Hindley or Fred with Rose (although the latter may have been the other way round).

I'd say she was effectively groomed - or at least dominated - by her horrible father as well. Not an excuse. But I've no doubt Epstein could see her potential from the outset, just as Brady did with Hindley or Fred with Rose (although the latter may have been the other way round).
Yes, I think she was definitely groomed by her father too.

She probably was drawn to a similar type of relationship as it was what she knew and was comfortable with.

It's not an excuse at all for her abhorrent behaviour though.

There’s a channel 4 programme about her next Tues I think with contributions from friends & people who knew her. Could be worth a watch. Will probably be on Ch 4 player afterwards.

There’s a channel 4 programme about her next Tues I think with contributions from friends & people who knew her. Could be worth a watch. Will probably be on Ch 4 player afterwards.
I don't really watch the news these days but wonder if her sentence is plastered all over the media like Depp and Heard ?

I don't really watch the news these days but wonder if her sentence is plastered all over the media like Depp and Heard ?
It was on the day but things have moved on. It’s now all about people drunkenly groping other people in private clubs.

It’s worth a look. Some revealing moments. I don’t think any of her actual friends contributed but several who knew her/had dealings with her along the way did, some of whom you will know of. Seems that later in her job/relationship with Epstein as she got older, she subcontracted the role of enticing young girls for him to others. She took on the role of ‘overseer’ in the operation.

Contributions from victims, prosecution lawyers, investigative journalists etc.

The Australian couple who were manager/housekeeper on his island for several years feature but didn’t witness anything untoward & seemed unconcerned about the stream of young girls passing through. I got the impression they were on to a good thing & didn’t ask too many questions.

A damning picture emerges. A figure of $30 million is mentioned as the sum paid by him to her. Didn’t say over what time period.

It’s worth a look. Some revealing moments. I don’t think any of her actual friends contributed but several who knew her/had dealings with her along the way did, some of whom you will know of. Seems that later in her job/relationship with Epstein as she got older, she subcontracted the role of enticing young girls for him to others. She took on the role of ‘overseer’ in the operation.

Contributions from victims, prosecution lawyers, investigative journalists etc.

The Australian couple who were manager/housekeeper on his island for several years feature but didn’t witness anything untoward & seemed unconcerned about the stream of young girls passing through. I got the impression they were on to a good thing & didn’t ask too many questions.

A damning picture emerges. A figure of $30 million is mentioned as the sum paid by him to her. Didn’t say over what time period.
But who went to the island and sexual played...we will never find out even through we all know names...same as the Tory Rent Boy scandal in the 80s and Elm Street Guest House.

But who went to the island and sexual played...we will never find out even through we all know names...same as the Tory Rent Boy scandal in the 80s and Elm Street Guest House.
Yes the only other person named is Andrew Windsor.

Many other people were flown to Epstein's island in his private jet. There were flight logs with initials designating those aboard but no others have been identified as being involved in sexual shenanigans with underage girls, & none of the victims have identified anyone else as far as I know.

Epstein met many powerful & ‘A list’ people over the years. He presumably had to cultivate his cover story of being a successful investment consultant/hedge fund manager etc despite very little solid evidence of this.

I think I noticed in the programme a photo of him with the Pope. So whilst he ‘knew’ a lot of famous/wealthy people, it doesn’t mean they participated in the sexual shenanigans which he surely knew he’d have to keep largely under wraps.. As mentioned, the manager/housekeeper who were there permanently didn’t witness anything untoward & gave him the benefit of the doubt as an immensely wealthy man.

Doesn’t mean to say no-one else participated of course but seeing as Andrew was named, I don’t see why others wouldn’t be as well.

On the other hand there’s the question of videos reportedly found in a safe in his New York house in which every room it seems had hidden cameras installed. These have dropped out of the news completely & I haven’t heard a word about them since..

Just to add - I think it was the Prosecutor who said when they went through Epstein’s address book of people worth knowing, they found the great majority had come through Maxwell. Prince Andrew just one example.

Being photographed with other rich & famous people bolstered his public image & lent him an aura of respectability he could use to his advantage.

So she fulfilled two purposes for him - firstly connections, then her willingness to indulge his sexual exploits & procure young girls in exchange for money. He couldn’t have done either without her. Once she’d given up any notion of a romantic relationship with him as she was too old & too fat, she settled for luxury & buckets of cash instead.

What? The rich in a legal wrangling in the US?
I thought that was a national past time among the "go-getters", the "self-made" and the "I may have inherited my billions but I worked for it ... um ... someone else worked for it but I allowed them to make the money for me ... er ... I've spaffed hundreds of thousands of dollars on nothing to prove I'm worth every penny!"

A peripheral story at face value, but one which might conceivably be relevant at a deeper level ... Convicted fraudster and Epstein "mentor" Steven Hoffenberg is believed to be the corpse discovered at his Connecticut apartment. Confirmation of the corpse's identity is still pending.
Police believe person found dead was swindler Hoffenberg

Connecticut authorities were working Thursday to confirm that convicted Ponzi schemer and Jeffrey Epstein mentor Steven Hoffenberg was the person found dead in an apartment earlier this week.

Lt. Justin Stanko, of Derby police, said evidence at the scene — including a car, cell phone and a medical record — all pointed to the person being Hoffenberg. But the body could not be immediately identified because of an advanced stage of decomposition, and officials were waiting for confirmation from dental records ...

Stanko said it appears the person had been dead for at least seven days. An initial autopsy was inconclusive but determined there were no signs of trauma. The cause of death was pending toxicology test results.

“There’s not one thing that doesn’t point to it not being him,′ Stanko told The Associated Press.

A private investigator for a woman who identified herself as a sexual assault victim of Epstein’s called police and requested a welfare check at the multifamily home on Tuesday, saying the woman had not heard from Hoffenberg for five days and that was unusual ...

Officers went to the home and were able to see the body by looking through a first-floor window ...

It was not immediately clear when the dental records check would be complete.

Hoffenberg, 77, who once tried to buy the New York Post, was sentenced in 1997 to 20 years in prison for one of the country’s largest Ponzi schemes. He admitted that he swindled thousands of investors out of $460 million. He was released from federal custody in 2013, according to the Bureau of Prisons.

Hoffenberg, however, later claimed Epstein was the “architect” of the scam, in a 2019 interview with The Washington Post. At the time of the scheme, Epstein worked for Hoffenberg’s bill collection company, Towers Financial Corp. Epstein, however, was never charged in the fraud. ...
FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/article/connecticut-jeffrey-epstein-9404fd3bffed3bbf286563aacf19f244

elon-musk-twitter-ghislane.jpg

Think this is one Elton Most wants deleting from the internet ...

She photobombed him, so he says.
Just being in a photo with a dodgy person does not make you guilty by association.

Back