• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Kraken Project

I'll just wait for the penny to drop...
DOH!!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN. That film was an utter mish mash of mythology. Perseus fought with a sea monster call Cetus nit with the kraken which was from Norse mythology not Greek. Also he had winged sandals not a winged horse. Pegasus was the steed of Belopheron who slew the chimera. Oh and there was no reference to robot owls in Greek mythology too.

DOH!!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN. That film was an utter mish mash of mythology. Perseus fought with a sea monster call Cetus nit with the kraken which was from Norse mythology not Greek. Also he had winged sandals not a winged horse. Pegasus was the steed of Belopheron who slew the chimera. Oh and there was no reference to robot owls in Greek mythology too.
Agreed. It was a movie I watched in my early teens, and as you say, far from mythologically accurate. It is also a regular slot on an Australian comedy show called Shaun Micallef's Mad as Hell that my Aussie friends got me onto.

Back