• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Lake Tahoe Jellyfish-Like Monster

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Came across this article on Mysterious Universe.
-------------

A Monster in Lake Tahoe?
Nick Redfern

December 6, 2017

Broadly speaking, reports of strange creatures that are said to secretly live among us – in the mountains, the forests and the waters of our world – fall into several categories. There is the classic giant hairy-man, of course: Bigfoot. Long-necked lake-monsters abound: from Scotland’s Loch Ness to Lake Okanagan, Canada, and within the dark depths of countless other bodies of water around the world, too. Then, there are those bizarre flying monsters, such as the Mothman of West Virginia that was thrust into the spotlight in 2002 with the release of the movie version of John Keel’s 1975 book, The Mothman Prophecies. And, numerous reports of mysterious big-cats on the loose can be found in the files of monster-hunters everywhere.

Just occasionally, however, reports surface that are so weird it’s practically impossible to even begin to try and categorize them. But I guess that’s what makes the subject of cryptozoology so fascinating for those of us who study it: there’s never a dull moment. Take, for example, the story of Jim “Jug” Lloyd. Elderly and living in New Mexico, Jug told me back in 2002 of an encounter that his brother, William (who committed suicide in 1978) had with a very strange creature back in the late-1960s. The location, Jug revealed, was Lake Tahoe, in the Sierra Nevada mountain range.

trailer-park-653974_640-640x480.jpg

William, an artist, was sitting near the water’s edge on a warm and bright Sunday morning: he was getting ready to capture on canvas the spectacular lake and the surrounding mountains, when a sudden and furious bubbling in the water a couple of hundred feet away caught his attention. “Brother Bill thought it was salmon.” At first. It soon became apparent, however, that whatever was causing all the commotion, it certainly wasn’t a school of salmon. As William continued to watch, he was astonished, and horrified too, to see what looked like a huge “pink jellyfish,” possibly twelve feet across, break the surface and, somewhat ominously, move slowly towards the shore.

More at http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/12/a-monster-in-lake-tahoe/

Thank you for posting this. I want to believe in giant freshwater jellyfish, a lot.

i spent some memorable time in south shore lake tahoe in the nineties, there were pink jellyfish, of a different sort ...

Back