• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Librarian

PeniG

Justified & Ancient
The following was sent to an e-list I'm on. What you see is what I know.

Devlin, Titcher Bringing 'Librarian' to TNT
(Wednesday, May 07 10:00 PM)

HOLLYWOOD (Zap2it.com) - - "Independence Day" and "Godzilla" producer Dean
Devlin is making a move to television, producing "The Librarian," a possible
telefilm franchise, for TNT.

" Raiders of the Lost Ark" ends with the Ark of the Covenant being put in a
massive storage facility in an anonymous box, surrounded by countless other
identical boxes. " The Librarian" asks the question: What if each of those
crates contained a different priceless antiquity with a legendary
background?

However, the project has no connection to the Spielberg blockbuster.
Instead, it focuses on a young man who discovers that the basement of the
New York Public Library is loaded with mythical objects like the Ark or the
Golden Fleece. His job is to protect the sacred artifacts from the forces of
evil.

Not surprisingly, the maker of *Independence Day* doesn't seem to know the difference between a librarian and a curator.

Oook?

I've a fealing that it might turn out to be a gung ho, no brainer action series where an advarage guy saves the world because he's rightous and the main bad guy will be an 'evil communist' or some similar tin hate figure.
:rolleyes:

Hopefully I could be proved wrong but I doubt it. :sad:

maybe the libraian will have to deal with things like water damage on the first eddition of the torah (because it was stored too near a leaking pipe) warping of the wood on the holy grail and the golden fleace getting mildew. :)

Develin is the stupid one, isn't he?

Have he and Emmerich split up to do more damage or something?

If they want a TV series about librarians and antiquities with mystical powers, why not just do another series of the Manga Read or Die?

I liked it better when it was called Friday the 13th: The Series :D

i saw the title of this thread and thourght great!. a film bout the uu's librarian

but its not :(

Watch out for the arch enemy of the librarian MAGFAD - Museum And Galleries Funding Allocation Department.

The penny pinchers will shut down the archives unless the Librarian can complete the self assement form within 28 working days!

*Jarring Chord*

Lord_Flashheart said:
Oook?

I've a fealing that it might turn out to be a gung ho, no brainer action series where an advarage guy saves the world because he's rightous and the main bad guy will be an 'evil communist' or some similar tin hate figure.
:rolleyes:

Don't forget the ass-kicking babe! All these sorts of shows must, by law, contain some 23-yr old bag of bones who runs around in tight clothes doing karate kicks at people. :rolleyes:

She will, of course, be disguised as another 'librarian' with all-enveloping clothes and the obligatory specs and no one will give her a second glance, least of all the hero, until she gets her kit off to reveal a beautiful figure (ie size 2 with big boobs so that she looks like a bit of bladder wrack) and he realises that he was wrong about her . . .

Carole

rjm said:
Watch out for the arch enemy of the librarian MAGFAD - Museum And Galleries Funding Allocation Department.

The penny pinchers will shut down the archives unless the Librarian can complete the self assement form within 28 working days!

*Jarring Chord*

I thought their arch enemy were the people who put books back on the shelves in the wrong place. You can iamgine the scene.........

"Quick we need the real Spear of Destiny to save the world!!!"

"Thats OK my super librarian brain tells me it is in a crate in Row 14 shelf 3 postion 6"

~gangs rushes off fighting baddies on the way to reach Row 14~

~they defeat baddie's evil sidekick~

"Quick open the crate here comes the Baddie"

"Urmmmmmmmm this appears to be a selection of ritual clam shells from the Souh Seas - some bugger must have been looking at the Spear of Destiny and put it back on the wrong shelf. Never fear chaps we'll find it when we do our yearly check of the shelves in eight months time!! Oh dear......"

~baddies hacks them into dog food~

Or soemthing like that.

Emps

carole said:
She will, of course, be disguised as another 'librarian' with all-enveloping clothes and the obligatory specs and no one will give her a second glance, least of all the hero, until she gets her kit off to reveal a beautiful figure (ie size 2 with big boobs so that she looks like a bit of bladder wrack) and he realises that he was wrong about her . . .

Carole
Am I the only one who thinks she'd be more hot if she kept the librarian clobber on? Especially the glasses?

It is just me?

OK.

It's stuff like this that makes me glad my TV diet is mainly old British comedies. And that's one night a week. There ARE some benefits to living beyond the reach of most signals, past the end of the cable, and being too broke (or cheap) to get satelite.

Why is it that the Hollywood machine can take any crap concept and, with the application of unbelievable amounts of money, turn it into a blockbuster film which - after a period of thought - the viewers might, just might, realise it was all shite in the first place?

Or is there a subversive organisation intent on revealing the secrets of The Secret and Ancient Society of Librarians and their attempt to file mankind using the Dewy system. These horrid and devious creatures can be spotted by their personalised ISBN number tattooed on the back of their necks! Don't believe me? Drop a book in front of a librarian and when they bend over to pick it up, yank their collar down!

Bring back Poltergeist - The Legacy!

Ook!

(ie size 2 with big boobs so that she looks like a bit of bladder wrack)!!!!:rofl:
Welcome back Carole!
But didn't Forte spend half his life in the basement of N.Y. Library?
Surely we can work him into the script as a handsome saviour of anomolous reports, stripping off to a victorian bathing suit and zapping evryone around, moustachios bristling.

Heard the observation made that services like Netflix are beginning to have an impact on movie making. As you all have probably noticed, Hollywood stopped making all sorts of movies, concentrating on blockbusters. With the advent and success of Netflix, Hollywood is seeing the market for straight to DVD movies open up. And apparently they're beginning to act on it. MAYBE something good is happening out there in LaLaLand.

It was on Sky One the other week and the title made me laugh so much I just had to watch it (I am a librarian). I only saw a bit of it though as it was the usual TV movie drivel.

Back