• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
That sounds like a bad cross between Aerosmith and Eddie Stobart. Is that what you meant or have I got it wrong?

No, it's much more hat-stand than that...

http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/hovercraft.htm
my_hovercraft_is_full_of_eels_by_cbaginski71-d3b9j7m.jpg

my_hovercraft_is_full_of_eels_by_ambrmerlinus.jpg

Well GNC a group tried a submarine. They were the ones who got the famous "flipper" shot. They cut short their time at the loche because the amount of peat in the water obscured most views. What ever had that flipper crossed within feet of the camera or they would never had gotten that much. May have to drain the bloody loch to see what mysteries it holds.

;);)Oh well now we know what Nessie eats.........Giant Eels.

Peat does not preclude fish. We know there are fish in the Loch and probably eels, and who knows what else. But the peat is a serious threat to photography and other visuals. Besides If you could prove Nessie doesn"t exist; what the heck could be talk about? Sasquatch? Fairies? Golly Gee Whiz we gotta have some mystery to explore.:glee:

I gotta admit the enhanced photo seems to show a seals head. So this photo may not be of the famous monster. I keep going back to that famous photo that shows a very large and definite flipper.
I knew one of the team that analysed that photo 'pre-publicity' and he said at the time it was bunk as the images he analysed had no such image on them, however they processed it.

"[Nessie] ‚ is not a biological full time zoological animal but rather that it is a paranormal/supernatural/ wormhole-traversing being that will never be caught nor killed. And we have a film that shows it coming from a space-time wormhole, and going later back into it’ “

The quest for an elusive film of Nessie by the legendary Jon Erik Beckjord!

It transpires that his estate is curated by his sister who promises a catalogue of his exhibits and a biography! :)

"[Nessie] ‚ is not a biological full time zoological animal but rather that it is a paranormal/supernatural/ wormhole-traversing being that will never be caught nor killed. And we have a film that shows it coming from a space-time wormhole, and going later back into it’ “

The quest for an elusive film of Nessie by the legendary Jon Erik Beckjord!

It transpires that his estate is curated by his sister who promises a catalogue of his exhibits and a biography! :)

I look forward to seeing that film.

This guy has some dedication to his cause, a lost one though I suspect it is. I'm glad his efforts have been recognised. Of course, Adrian Shine is probably the poster boy for monster research at the loch, being instantly recognisable with his big beard.

Playing catch up with issues of FT, I am only just up to 341 and the Nessie and Other Lake Monsters issue.

I've always scoffed somewhat at the idea that Nessie sightings in the 1930s could have been influenced by the appearance of dinosaurs in Hollywood pictures such as King Kong at that time. Similarly the idea that the 1950s bump in UFO interest and sightings was in reaction to comic books full of strange worlds and saucers.

However, with the recent spike in reported experiences with Slender Man - an openly acknowledged internet invention - it certainly begins to give a modern example of how a connection can be made between issues in contemporary culture and reports of the paranormal/unexplained.

That was just an interesting point I had on my Metro ride this morning.

Back