• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
"[Nessie] ‚ is not a biological full time zoological animal but rather that it is a paranormal/supernatural/ wormhole-traversing being that will never be caught nor killed. And we have a film that shows it coming from a space-time wormhole, and going later back into it’ “

The quest for an elusive film of Nessie by the legendary Jon Erik Beckjord!

It transpires that his estate is curated by his sister who promises a catalogue of his exhibits and a biography! :)

Didn't someone suggest that Nessie is some sort of supernatural/other dimensional entity that Aleister Crowley summoned while he was living at Boleskine House on the side of the Ness? If it pops in and out of our dimension that would account for it not apparently eating and no-one ever having found a body or Nessie poo.

(BTW I can't find the reference for this and it's entirely possible I've imagined the story...)
s.

Didn't someone suggest that Nessie is some sort of supernatural/other dimensional entity that Aleister Crowley summoned while he was living at Boleskine House on the side of the Ness? If it pops in and out of our dimension that would account for it not apparently eating and no-one ever having found a body or Nessie poo.

(BTW I can't find the reference for this and it's entirely possible I've imagined the story...)
s.

There's a bit about it here
http://weekinweird.com/2011/04/11/the-boleskine-house-loch-ness-other-stranger-monster/

The 8th sighting this year. Must admit it looks like a wave to me.

Nine-year-old boy snaps Loch Ness monster in EIGHTH 'official' Nessie sighting this year
Sam Knight photographed the mysterious 'fin' in the water while taking a cruise down the loch and experts have credited it as an official sighting.

• SCOTLAND NOW
    nessie.png

Little Sam Knight spied the monster - the eighth sighting this yearExperts, who at first were divided over whether it was a wave or an animal, have credited it as an official sighting of the monster at the centre of the 1500-year-old Highlands legend.

The sighting is the eighth this year – the highest annual total so far this century.

• etc

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/scotland-now/nessie-resurfaces-snap-captured-schoolboy-11516280

University of Otago scientist set out to figure out if Nessie the Loch Ness Monster exists
9:48 AM Monday Apr 3, 2017 ...

A year later, it appears Gemmell is poised to conduct the survey / study next month (June 2018), with results expected to be available by the end of the year.

Legend of Loch Ness Monster will be tested with DNA samples
... A New Zealand scientist is leading an international team to the lake next month, where they will take samples of the murky waters and conduct DNA tests to determine what species live there.

University of Otago professor Neil Gemmell says he’s no believer in Nessie, but he wants to take people on an adventure and communicate some science along the way. ...

He said his team will take 300 samples of water from different points around the lake and at different depths. They will filter the organic material and extract the DNA, he said, sequencing it by using technology originally created for the human genome project.

He said the DNA results will then be compared against a database of known species. He said they should have answers by the end of the year. ...

FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/3084815b54464533...-Ness-Monster-will-be-tested-with-DNA-samples

Back