• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
nessie pic

Anyone know who took this pic?

(Image is MIA. It is subsequently identified as the 1977 Shiels photo. This specimen of the 1977 Shiels photo is inserted as a substitute for the MIA photo originally posted here.)

Tony 'Doc' Shiels. The pic may well be a close up of a painting by him. A guy i know said Shiels told him he did the panting on silk and took a close up of it.

I really hope that's a typo. Otherwise... ewwwww.
He was just tired that night. See this:
he did the panting on silk and took a close up of it.
This pastime belongs in different kind of forum . . . the fabric fetish forum!

Actually LordMongrove, I hope you don't mind, I thank you for your typos, since they've brought me something to smile about in a week that is even stranger and tenser than just last week, which was even stranger and tenser than the week before that, which had already been stranger and tenser than the week before that, which was grievously stranger and tenser than the one before that, . . .

He was just tired that night. See this:

This pastime belongs in different kind of forum . . . the fabric fetish forum!

Actually LordMongrove, I hope you don't mind, I thank you for your typos, since they've brought me something to smile about in a week that is even stranger and tenser than just last week, which was even stranger and tenser than the week before that, which had already been stranger and tenser than the week before that, which was grievously stranger and tenser than the one before that, . . .
I'm utterly dislexic when it comes to spelling. I'm a writer too, i have seven books out. My spell check has a dicky fit most of the time.

I was thinking one of those Willy Worms. A big one.

An otter eating a kill on the shore.

l have managed to walk to within 40’ of an otter eating an octopus on the shore of our bay on Skye. Obviously the soft body of a cephalopod made little or no noise, but Mr. Otter wasn’t a dainty eater; had his prey been a crustacean or a gristly fish, his chewing would have been audible for some distance.

A big dog otter could be up to five feet in overall length, and weigh 50lbs. The “tubular” appearance and V-shaped wake are also characteristic of the otter.

maximus otter

An otter eating a kill on the shore.

l have managed to walk to within 40’ of an otter eating an octopus on the shore of our bay on Skye. Obviously the soft body of a cephalopod made little or no noise, but Mr. Otter wasn’t a dainty eater; had his prey been a crustacean or a gristly fish, his chewing would have been audible for some distance.

A big dog otter could be up to five feet in overall length, and weigh 50lbs. The “tubular” appearance and V-shaped wake are also characteristic of the otter.

maximus otter

Indeed, I've been within a few feet of an otter eating a perch on a canal bank and they are very noisy eaters. He was so engrossed in his meal that he didn't hear or see me coming until i was about 5 feet away. he ran into the canal leaving the perch behind but after a minute (and when i had moved a little bit away) he came back out to retrieve his catch. They are surprisingly big animals when you see them up close. I've seen stoats up close as well and otters are considerably bigger. The best comparison I can give is comparing a jack russel to medium sized labrador

A NESSIE enthusiast claims he has spotted the Loch Ness Monster for the third time this year.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5535546/loch-ness-monster-biggest-ever-sighting/

A distant, undiscernible surface disruption that then disappears. Ugh.

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 1.26.20 PM.png

Back