• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Proof at last.

1_PAY-PNNESSIEPICS04.jpg

The strange life and death of the man who discovered the Loch Ness Monster. https://narratively.com/the-obsessi...EiRmnF4CzYgx0reb_0kiJqQ7LS8TeSh9bhPpsOfEvtD_w
This is a very good article.

I'm glad it does re-state something I was last told by my late father probably 20 years ago:
"(Loch Ness) is the largest lake by volume in the United Kingdom, containing more than twice as much water as all of the lakes in England and Wales combined"

With it being over 20 miles long and perhaps 1,000 feet deep in places, it's an ideal place for unusual things to hide....if they really wanted to.

EDIT
Perhaps three years ago, or longer, I seem to remember that there were efforts expended to carry-out some form of DNA testing of the Loch water itself, purportedly to seek a substantive confirmation (or denial) regarding the physical presence of a breeding group of large unknown marine cryptids. I didn't understand the precise intended scientific technique intended for use, particularly since the local pantheonic elimination gene-set would've been vast: but even more challengingly, the sheer....homepathic scale of water dilution must surely have rendered this brave detective enterprise utterly-useless, long before it left the shore side.

Last edited:
... Perhaps three years ago, or longer, I seem to remember that there were efforts expended to carry-out some form of DNA testing of the Loch water itself, purportedly to seek a substantive confirmation (or denial) regarding the physical presence of a breeding group of large unknown marine cryptids. I didn't understand the precise intended scientific technique intended for use, particularly since the local pantheonic elimination gene-set would've been vast: but even more challengingly, the sheer....homepathic scale of water dilution must surely have rendered this brave detective enterprise utterly-useless, long before it left the shore side.

The eDNA study results were announced in September 2019 - see earlier posts in this thread or check the research team's website:

https://www.lochnesshunters.com/the-results

Last edited:
This is a very good article.

I'm glad it does re-state something I was last told by my late father probably 20 years ago:

With it being over 20 miles long and perhaps 1,000 feet deep in places, it's an ideal place for unusual things to hide....if they really wanted to.

EDIT
Perhaps three years ago, or longer, I seem to remember that there were efforts expended to carry-out some form of DNA testing of the Loch water itself, purportedly to seek a substantive confirmation (or denial) regarding the physical presence of a breeding group of large unknown marine cryptids. I didn't understand the precise intended scientific technique intended for use, particularly since the local pantheonic elimination gene-set would've been vast: but even more challengingly, the sheer....homepathic scale of water dilution must surely have rendered this brave detective enterprise utterly-useless, long before it left the shore side.
The results of this eDNA test were covered extensively in Loch Ness Monster: New Evidence which is being shown on the Quest channel at 7pm tonight.

Loch Ness Monster: New Evidence which is being shown on the Quest channel at 7pm tonight.
Damndamndamn- hopefully that'll be repeated again on Ch144 (Quest HD channel via Sky).... since it clashes with The Masked Singer UK (which my SO adores)

Damndamndamn- hopefully that'll be repeated again on Ch144 (Quest HD channel via Sky).... since it clashes with The Masked Singer UK (which my SO adores)
It was on yesterday so it’s already a repeat for them, you should be able to download it on sky watch again?

In the early-ish days of the internet, I stumbled on some American woman's "paranormal" type website - one of those primitive ones, with garish colours and various fonts and sizes of text plus poor quality photos. She was arguing that Bigfoot was a supernatural entity - OK, fine. However, she had some of the stills from the Patterson-Gimlin film and any dark, roundish patches in the background, of which there were many, were apparently the "faces of other Bigfoots" which she had helpfully circled in red. Scrolling down further I discovered she was making arguments that took in Nessie and had a poor quality version of the Morgawr photo, with all the dark, roundish patches circled, as they were of course Bigfoot faces. I'm not sure if she realised that Morgawr wasn't Nessie but when you see Bigfoot faces everywhere such details are no doubt irrelevant.

Nessie the Elephant
... According to Neil Clark, curator of palaeontology at Glasgow University’s Hunterian Museum, unexplained sightings of a monster in the loch could, in fact, be of an elephant. ...

With respect to 'Nessie-similarity' this is the most interesting illustrative photo of a swimming elephant I've ever seen. I stumbled across the photo in an online article about an elephant in India being rescued after getting entangled in a fishing net.

elephant-in-lake.jpg

SOURCE:
Mysuru: Elephant caught in fishing net, rescued after 8-hour operation
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...ued-after-8-hour-operation-1760759-2021-01-19

According to Neil Clark, curator of palaeontology at Glasgow University’s Hunterian Museum, unexplained sightings of a monster in the loch could, in fact, be of an elephant.

Elephants are really common in the Great Glen...

Back