• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Unlike famous cases from the past, such as the Tichbourne Claiment and Anastasia imposter Anna Anderson, a simple DNA test would settle this so I can only assume that unless she really is Madelaine then this is a case of pure attention seeking.

Think about all the nonsense people do and record, to put up on social media just to get clicks. I think the desire for fame outweighs any embarrassment they might feel.
I think it's the same mechanism when you get utterly terrible acts perform on TV talent shows. They always start with "Well, all my friends say I have a great singing voice ..." which means to say they put the performer up to the stunt, laughing into their pints.

Nowadays if someone says they are someone or something you have to accept it as the truth.
I still hope they find her, but its not likely
So we could end up with several thousand Madeleine McCanns? I don't think so. (possibly the point you were making anyway)

Saying the moon is made of cheese doesn't make it so - although it can produce one of the best animations ever made.

No you don't. If someone claims to be a person who was likely abducted and murdered years ago, they can be asked to prove it. That's easily done.
Easy. Gene matching.
Trouble is, there's plenty out there - who have really minor benefits to the situation - who'll claim online (of course) that the results don't suit their own agenda.

No surprises here:

DNA test proves woman claiming to be Madeleine McCann is not missing girl

A Polish woman claiming to be Madeleine McCann has become an internet sensation, despite her own parents slamming her claims as 'lies and manipulation'.

Appearing on US show Dr Phil, Julia Wendell stated that she suspected she was Madeleine McCann, despite having no proof to back up said claims.

The 21-year-old's parents have said her claims are fabricated and that it is 'obvious' she isn't the missing British girl.

Her claims have garnered a significant social media following which eventually forced her to flee her native Poland for the US after a number of death threats.

While in the US, she took a DNA test to learn more about her identity, and to see if she was in fact Madeleine McCann.

DNA results confirmed she wasn't the missing British girl, but instead showed that she is from Poland with some Lithuanian and Romanian heritage.

The 21-year-old, who would be two years older than Madeleine McCann, had come to the conclusion she was the missing girl after stating she does not remember large chunks of her childhood - or the moment she was supposedly taken.

No surprises here:

DNA test proves woman claiming to be Madeleine McCann is not missing girl

A Polish woman claiming to be Madeleine McCann has become an internet sensation, despite her own parents slamming her claims as 'lies and manipulation'.

Appearing on US show Dr Phil, Julia Wendell stated that she suspected she was Madeleine McCann, despite having no proof to back up said claims.

The 21-year-old's parents have said her claims are fabricated and that it is 'obvious' she isn't the missing British girl.

Her claims have garnered a significant social media following which eventually forced her to flee her native Poland for the US after a number of death threats.

While in the US, she took a DNA test to learn more about her identity, and to see if she was in fact Madeleine McCann.

DNA results confirmed she wasn't the missing British girl, but instead showed that she is from Poland with some Lithuanian and Romanian heritage.

The 21-year-old, who would be two years older than Madeleine McCann, had come to the conclusion she was the missing girl after stating she does not remember large chunks of her childhood - or the moment she was supposedly taken.

Well, I'm shocked.

maximus otter

Sexual offence charges against prime suspect in Madeleine McCann disappearance dropped by German court

A German court has rejected a possible rape trial for the prime suspect in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, Christian B.

The decision means the authorities in the city of Braunschweig will have no jurisdiction over the case of Madeleine, who disappeared in Portugal in 2007 at the age of three, lawyer Friedrich Fulscher said.

Mr Fulscher confirmed that an arrest warrant against him had been revoked.

The charges were not directly linked to the McCann case, but having revoked the warrant for Christian B's arrest, the court can no longer be expected to consider the case.

https://news.sky.com/story/sexual-o...isappearance-dropped-by-german-court-12861809

maximus otter

So, reading between the lines, he was a suspect of rape - McCann case or no - and the case has been dropped from lack of evidence?

So, reading between the lines, he was a suspect of rape - McCann case or no - and the case has been dropped from lack of evidence?

I think it was also due to the court refusing jurisdiction owing to the accused's habitual place of residence.

The McCann Circus will find another easy mark to concentrate on soon.

I think it was also due to the court refusing jurisdiction owing to the accused's habitual place of residence...

The current situation appears to be down to the federal nature of the German legal system, rather than the quality of evidence. If the jurisdiction he was resident in chooses to prosecute, then he could still end up in court.

The McCann case aside - there are five separate alleged victims of rape whose wait for potential justice has been delayed by domestic legal geography. It seems bonkers to me - but that's clearly the way it works in Germany.

Last edited:
Back