• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

Just found out Michael Parkinson is alive.

I "remember" him dying about three years ago.

in other news.... Monopoly monocle man is finally found within a Monopoly box

Attachments

• Monopoly man.jpg
    Monopoly man.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 43
sorry BMC - I got my photo from Reddit

there is another one though - is it fake too? look for $2

Don't know now. That is extremely strange if it's not been changed, as even Parker employees are on record as stating that the character is never shown with a monocle.

The only pictures of Monopoly Junior Edition money I can find show Mr Moneybags, as we've always known him - sans monocle.

money.JPG

https://realitydecoded.blog/2019/09...le-but-parker-brothers-says-he-never-had-one/

Because the Reddit thread is about the Mandela effect, I still think that someone has Photoshopped that $2 note just to mess with us.
It's not difficult!

agree - but he still looks so funny without a monocle - wonder if it is something other than the game - what about thinking about rich old people should have monocle??

I dont know if its been mentioned on here before (im only halfway through reading the thread, but didnt want to forget this lol)
I remember thete being a rumour, probanly late 80's early 90's, that Todd Bridges, who played 'willis' alongside Gary Colemans 'Arnold' in 'Different Strokes', had died of a drug overdose, im aware that he didnt, and is actually the only surviving member of the original cast, but i waa adament at the time he had died
220px-Todd_Bridges_2017-10-28.jpg

'WHACHEW TALKIN BOUT WILLIS'

Todd had a serious drugs problem, but it was co-star Dana Plato (Kimberly) who died of the drugs overdose.

Todd had a serious drugs problem, but it was co-star Dana Plato (Kimberly) who died of the drugs overdose.
Yes but when i was growing up there was definately a story going around that 'Willis' died of an OD, i only found out he hadnt about 10 years later

I can't quite see the writing on the board, but it doesn't seem to be an English language edition. Could it be a counterfeit in another country?

I can't quite see the writing on the board, but it doesn't seem to be an English language edition. Could it be a counterfeit in another country?

The low demonination notes are from the Monopoly Junior edition, but none of them have ever featured a monocle.

Photoshopped (or even a careful bit of touching up with a pen) I maintain!

The board in the photo is a Dutch Monopoly Junior board, apparently pre-2001 (when the game and board were greatly simplified).

The Dutch edition is the only one that both displays 'Kans' for 'Chance' and has the street name 'Sulkerspin' on a property.

The presence of two different denominations of play money also indicates a pre-2001 version of the game.

A different photo on Reddit:

... is claimed to be from a 1994 Monopoly Junior game. This is consistent with the clues above, but I cannot confirm the American or UK versions of this edition included the currency showing a monocle.

A few years ago I was convinced that Joanna Lumley had recently died.

That’s just blown my mind as I was convinced I’d read a news story a few years back that he was dead.
Thats what i thought, i even googled him after i saw the advert to make sure i wasnt mistaken and there he was, still alive at 80 years old

The board in the photo is a Dutch Monopoly Junior board, apparently pre-2001 (when the game and board were greatly simplified).

The Dutch edition is the only one that both displays 'Kans' for 'Chance' and has the street name 'Sulkerspin' on a property.

The presence of two different denominations of play money also indicates a pre-2001 version of the game.

A different photo on Reddit:

... is claimed to be from a 1994 Monopoly Junior game. This is consistent with the clues above, but I cannot confirm the American or UK versions of this edition included the currency showing a monocle.

If, and I still feel that is a big if, those are unaltered photos of genuine Junior edition Monopoly money, then it seems very surprising that the game's producer in The Netherlands was given permission by Parker Brothers or Hasbro to change the appearance of what is presumably a copyrighted character.

Back