• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

If, and I still feel that is a big if, those are unaltered photos of genuine Junior edition Monopoly money, then it seems very surprising that the game's producer in The Netherlands was given permission by Parker Brothers or Hasbro to change the appearance of what is presumably a copyrighted character.

Agreed ...

If a Dutch manufacturer / franchisee created those bills Parker Brothers may have stopped them after a short run. As far as I can tell it was only the Dutch Monopoly Jr. set from the early 1990s that has been pictured with the monocled version of the bills. I've not found any later (or non-Dutch) editions displaying these alternate bills. Later versions - including Dutch ones - returned to the more traditional renderings of the Monopoly Man. It might have been a transient thing ...

I know Larry Hagman died many years ago, but I also thought his co-star in I Dream of Jeannie - Barbara Eden was long gone.

Glad to say she's still with us (and looking remarkably well-preserved) at 89 years young.

eden.JPG

eden 2.JPG

I do get muddled up with the theme tunes for I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched. But I know the difference between Barbara Eden and Elizabeth Montgomery in my head and remember one of them was long dead - Samantha (Montgomery) in 1995.

Heres a puzzler, i saw part of an interview with Kerry Katona on tv at lunchtime, in which she referenced being a page 3 glamour model, i though this was odd as i had never heard this fact, so i googled it, and have been researching it on and off all day, the only reference i can find to this fact is on wikipidia, which is notoriously unreliable, i cant find any reference in and 'sun newspaper' or 'star newspaper' sites and have looked up lists of page 3 models in both publications and shes not listed, anywhere, is this a case of Kerrys own personal mandela effect or does anyone remember or have any other reference to this 'fact'?

Heres a puzzler, i saw part of an interview with Kerry Katona on tv at lunchtime, in which she referenced being a page 3 glamour model, i though this was odd as i had never heard this fact, so i googled it, and have been researching it on and off all day, the only reference i can find to this fact is on wikipidia, which is notoriously unreliable, i cant find any reference in and 'sun newspaper' or 'star newspaper' sites and have looked up lists of page 3 models in both publications and shes not listed, anywhere, is this a case of Kerrys own personal mandela effect or does anyone remember or have any other reference to this 'fact'?

There's certainly a well-known pic of her topless (professional, not paparazzi scum), and I heard her discussing it on a documentary once. I think it was just a one-off before the singing career started.

The "Shazam" thing: the old Banana Splits thing that ran on Saturday morning kids' TV for donkey's years incorporated a cartoon seral set in Arabia or a fantastic equivalent of. Four heroes, at least two of whom had some sort of magical power, one of whom used "size of a {{insert name of animal}}!" to transform into a creature; and the other used "Shazam!" as his magical "abracacadabra!" word. As this ran for a significant fraction of forever on a repeating loop on Saturday mornings, could this be how the word and a vague association with something Arabic stuck in so many heads?
Wasn’t it Rosan Kobar?

There's certainly a well-known pic of her topless (professional, not paparazzi scum), and I heard her discussing it on a documentary once. I think it was just a one-off before the singing career started.
There are topless photos of her referanced to Zoo Magazine in October 2008 but other than wiki i can find no reference to page 3.(at the age of 17 apparently)

Here are 3 citations of her glamour modeling work before joining Atomic Kitten ...

Kerry McFadden's surprise success at winning ITV1's I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! will almost certainly lead to a flood of job offers for the former Atomic Kitten singer.
Born in Warrington, Cheshire, the 23-year-old, formerly known as Kerry Katona, tried her hand at glamour modelling before finding success as one-third of the pop group in 1999.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3472613.stm

As well as singing, Kerry made a name for herself with her glamour modelling.
Her first shoot for Page 3 was when she was just 17.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/kerry-katona-admits-shes-prude-23474095

She left high school around the same time and lived on her own supporting herself through a number of jobs, including time spent as a glamour model and exotic dancer.
https://www.allmusic.com/artist/kerry-katona-mn0001846633/biography

I don't think this is Mandela Effect, I think this is simply not knowing stuff. Or maybe that IS the Mandela Effect.

All of these are the same reference which appear to come from Matt Colliers piece on the 'all music bio which in which no sources are referenced and appear to come from an interview with Ketona, bringing us back to my question, is it Kerry Katonas own personal mandela effect?

I don't think this is Mandela Effect, I think this is simply not knowing stuff. Or maybe that IS the Mandela Effect.
My own personal opinion of the ME is it is down to not previously knowing something, being ill informed or misremembering so i agree. In the case of Katona thete seems to be no evidence of what she says other than the fact she says it happened, and call me suspicious, but i dont trust anyones word for anything, without being able to back it up with evidence :p

Have you considered the possibility Katona may have used a different 'stage name' during her early glamour modeling period?

Some celebrities also just make up life stories because that's more interesting. Like "Rebel Wilson".

Have you considered the possibility Katona may have used a different 'stage name' during her early glamour modeling period?
Did consider this but thought, considering it was supposed to be page 3 in a tabliod, as soon as she was famous, the paper would have either reprinted the pics, sold them or both, its very unlike the British tabliods to go all coy over something like this.
Also she is not the sharpest spoon in the draw so i dont know if it would have occured to her to use a psudonym.

Did consider this but thought, considering it was supposed to be page 3 in a tabliod, as soon as she was famous, the paper would have either reprinted the pics, sold them or both, its very unlike the British tabliods to go all coy over something like this.
Also she is not the sharpest spoon in the draw so i dont know if it would have occured to her to use a psudonym.
But saying page 3 modelling is just a blanket term for that sort of thing, it doesn’t necessarily mean it was specifically for a newspaper.

But saying page 3 modelling is just a blanket term for that sort of thing, it doesn’t necessarily mean it was specifically for a newspaper.
Agreed but wiki specifically states she posed for page 3
'Katona is also well known for her glamour modelling.[49] She first posed for Page 3 at the age of 17.[49
Which means she appeared (according to her) on page 3 of a tabloid newspaper.

She was good friends with the daughter of a friend of mine back around that time. I’m pretty sure she was working in a chippy back then. Of course that doesn’t mean she wasn’t doing the things she claimed. It’s already been mentioned that she could have been doing them using a different name. However, I’m pretty sure my friends daughter would have mentioned something at the time; Assuming she knew.

Agreed but wiki specifically states she posed for page 3
'Katona is also well known for her glamour modelling.[49] She first posed for Page 3 at the age of 17.[49
Which means she appeared (according to her) on page 3 of a tabloid newspaper.
Yes she did do this and yes when she became famous the paper reprinted the pictures, it was the Daily Mirror. Took about a minute on Google.

Yes she did do this and yes when she became famous the paper reprinted the pictures, it was the Daily Mirror. Took about a minute on Google.
The Daily Mirror stopped topless p.3 in the 1980's? Katona was born in 1980 so she couldnt have posed on p.3 of the Irror in 1997

The Daily Mirror stopped topless p.3 in the 1980's? Katona was born in 1980 so she couldnt have posed on p.3 of the Irror in 1997
I don’t know enough about the subject but hit google and you can find the pictures of her from that time and also a later article talking about her past.

Last edited:
I don’t know enough about the subject but hit google and you can find the pictures of her from that time and also a later article talking about her past.
Cant find any 'glamour' photo pre 1999 in any search of Kerry Katona/daily mirror/ page 3 or any combination of these

My own personal opinion of the ME is it is down to not previously knowing something, being ill informed or misremembering so i agree. In the case of Katona thete seems to be no evidence of what she says other than the fact she says it happened, and call me suspicious, but i dont trust anyones word for anything, without being able to back it up with evidence :p

The ME is a mass delusion/perception that facts have been changed in the time since you learned them. It's not stuff you didn't know but are now suspicious of because you never heard of them. If you Google, you can find pics of Kerry with her tits out, pardon my French, and they don't appear to be photoshopped. I've never heard anyone believe she was lying that she was a glamour model, she's mentioned it many times down the years. So I think the intention of the effect is being distorted here (not just here, either).

I know Larry Hagman died many years ago, but I also thought his co-star in I Dream of Jeannie - Barbara Eden was long gone.

Glad to say she's still with us (and looking remarkably well-preserved) at 89 years young.

View attachment 35087

View attachment 35088
Eden's ex-husband, Michael Ansara, died a while back, and she was mentioned in many of the obituaries. Could this have confused you?

I just Googled under the terms “Kerry Katona naked page 3” (purely for research purposes, obvs). It didn’t take long to find a B&W photo consistent with a Sun-type shoot, and showing her of an apparently appropriate age.

My theory is that she is tiptoeing around the only revelation more embarrassing than admitting that she once posed topless for a tabloid: that she posed topless for a tabloid and they decided not to use the pics...

maximus otter

Eden's ex-husband, Michael Ansara, died a while back, and she was mentioned in many of the obituaries. Could this have confused you?

May well have been that or, as someone else posted above, I could well have mixed I Dream of Jeannie up with Bewitched - another 60s sit-com about a bemused middle-class American man trying to cope with living with an attractive blonde woman who possessed supernatural powers.
Kinda reinforces my view that every instance of the ME stems from nothing more spooky than imperfect recollections.

Plus of course the phrase 'Page 3 Model' was bandied about when it didn't actually mean 'topless in a newspaper' it meant 'topless in any kind of publication'. So saying I was a Page 3 Model once* would be shorthand for, 'I posed for photographs with my boobs out, whether they were used in a newspaper or girlie mag or just to illustrate the obligatory 'phew, what a scorcher' weather report, I no longer know or care.'

*I wasn't, by the way. Just sayin'.

Plus of course the phrase 'Page 3 Model' was bandied about when it didn't actually mean 'topless in a newspaper' it meant 'topless in any kind of publication'. So saying I was a Page 3 Model once* would be shorthand for, 'I posed for photographs with my boobs out, whether they were used in a newspaper or girlie mag or just to illustrate the obligatory 'phew, what a scorcher' weather report, I no longer know or care.'

*I wasn't, by the way. Just sayin'.
Its all been sorted, i was linked to said photos in a private message as the pics are not really suitable for these esteemed pages :p

Back