• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Maria José Ferreira - Poltergeist Case

macqdor

Junior Acolyte
The Maria José Ferreira - Poltergeist Case

http://www.mapit.kk5.org/brazilian-poltergeist/4541581991

In December 1965, in Jabuticabal, 220 miles from São Paulo, Brazil, a respectable Catholic family became the centre of malicious and violent poltergeist activity. To begin with, pieces of brick began falling inside the house, seemingly from nowhere. A local priest attempted an exorcism but this only made things worse.

A neighbour, Joáo Volpe, a dentist, who had studied psychic matters, became interested and visited the house on 21st December. He soon realised that the focus of the disturbances was a quiet, pretty 11-year old girl called Maria José Ferreira, who slept in the servants' quarters. Volpe thought she was a natural medium and took her into his house to see what he could do. Nothing happened for a few days, but then the bombardments of stones and eggs began, appearing from nowhere and flying round the rooms. Later Volpe counted 312 stones that had fallen inside his home since Maria arrived. Not all of these stones were pebbles, as is often the case in poltergeist disturbances - one of them weighed 3.7 kilos. On one occasion a large stone appeared and began descending from the ceiling; it then broke into two pieces about four feet from the ground. When someone picked up the two pieces, they seemed to snap together as if they were magnetically attracted to each other.

In some ways I wish I could witness stuff like this so I could say beyond doubt that these things do actually happen. In other ways it's probably better that I don't.

Last edited:
Pete, the last word in your post, 'don't' opens up Outlook for some weird reason

To late, I ....................................................................

It did say don't - I take no responsibility for whatever reality you ended up in..

smileycat.jpg

Pete
"In some ways I wish I could witness stuff like this so I could say beyond doubt that these things do actually happen. In other ways it's probably better that I don't."

Be careful what you wish for is all I got to say. There is a coolness of being there when it happens I seeing surreal feats and events) but as one who's lived it you must now there is a darkness involved.

Not all cases are the same but all risks are the same. Anyone who's seen and lived through one these events will tell you it's not something you'd wish on anyone, not even your worse enemy.

Not all cases are the same but all risks are the same. Anyone who's seen and lived through one these events will tell you it's not something you'd wish on anyone, not even your worse enemy.
Duly noted and precisely why I said it's probably better that I don't experience this stuff. Now having been warned off I definitely won't get involved. Many thanks.

I don't get that close to any cat. In general they see me and they know.
Funny that my dad disliked cats for some reason, but wherever he was, any nearby cat would make a bee- line for him. Probably just enjoyed winding him up, the little devils...

Sometimes its the way cat haters look at them, with narrow eyes, i think thats what cats see as friendly eyes, so if you dont like cats stare at them with wide eyes, i may be wrong tho

sorry im off topic again

Sometimes its the way cat haters look at them, with narrow eyes, i think thats what cats see as friendly eyes, so if you dont like cats stare at them with wide eyes, i may be wrong tho

sorry im off topic again
I just try to ignore them, unless they are ambushing birds in the garden in which case it's 'super-soaker time'. I don't like cats, but I draw the line at assaulting them, it's not their fault they're psychopathic little bastards.

Agreed

Wonder what that says about the owners?

Sorry how did we get onto cats?

Back