• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Mayday Mystery

Is there anyone else still here?

As expected, more stuff. Lots of nuclear references, in particular to do with processing waste.

Steve.

I'm still watching.

It will take time to digest all that.

I'm still around.

All that pharmacological stuff is gonna take some figuring - I guess there must be some logic or system to it - we could do with someone who knows about that stuff already who might recognise what's going on there. I looked all the drugs up but apart from noting that there's various chemotherapy agents, an antidepressant, a muscle relaxant, an antibiotic etc I'm not sure there's a whole lot I can do with it. I've posted various bits and pieces - now waiting to see what others have posted when it gets updated.

...and first pile of feedback on the new one up already. A new message too.
Bit odd. They've heard that Bryan wants a new monitor (or TV?) so they'll help out... Well, if they're reading this, I could do with a nice plasma screen too...

But if that's something he has said to someone, surely he knows who? Unless it's that lawyer guy again.

Steve.

Still here too. :roll:

I still can't shake the idea that it's Mr. Hungerford somehow.

Jamie

I guess the big news is that Bryan has announced he is moving away but will maintain his site and keep a subscription to the ADW.

If you're still interested in this, what do you think of his plan to "wiki-ize" the site? I know that more frequent updates will help maintain my own interest, even though I can still waste hours on the old stuff.

Anyway, according to the newest message, another announcement is due today:
"Tell Mr. Hance that an annoucement
will appear on the 22nd of June. This is a scheduled announcement but the scheduled nature could only be read by the
Brotherhod and the Pelagian devils."

Hmm... "annoucement" "Brotherhod" ? Deliberate typos maybe - obviously nothing to do with the ebonics-style lingo - note - missing letters spell "no".

Also "Brotherhod", I don't recall any mention of a "brotherhood" before though I may be wrong, but is it them or their adversaries? Sounds kinda masonic, anyone recall whether they've ever actually denied any masonic connections specifically? There has been various stuff posted in the clues about possible masonic links.

Oh aye - I reckon that "wiki-izing" the site sounds like an excellent idea. 8)

skjalddis said:
Hmm... "annoucement" "Brotherhod" ? Deliberate typos maybe - obviously nothing to do with the ebonics-style lingo - note - missing letters spell "no".

Also "Brotherhod", I don't recall any mention of a "brotherhood" before though I may be wrong, but is it them or their adversaries? Sounds kinda masonic, anyone recall whether they've ever actually denied any masonic connections specifically? There has been various stuff posted in the clues about possible masonic links.

Wow, great observation! Now I'm leaning towards deliberate omission. The February 9 announcement mentions "fraternal greetings" and "brothers and sisters". I think I've seen "brethren" in recent announcements too, but I haven't found it (haven't been searching long either.)

I may have said this before, but it regards another feature I'd love to see on the site: It would be great if all future announcements were posted in PDF format. Then we'd be able search the text of the announcements when Googling the site.

I thought they'd specifically denied being Masons before. Or was it Templars? I can't find anything on the site about it but this page does refer to the Orphanage denying being directly related to freemasons, so it must be somewhere...

I had been thinking wikis would be a good idea for the site before. I did offer to set up a messageboard a while back and contacted Bryan out of courtesy but never heard back and kind of put it off due to real-life stuff. I have since been playing with wikis instead of messageboards and they would probably offer a much better and more legible approach but would need people to a) weed out irrelevancies/duplications, and b) ensure that nothing relevant has been deleted by other people - the big problem with a wiki is that usually anyone who can add content can also edit/remove what's already there.

I might contact Bryan again to see whether he needs any help setting something up/hosting it - it looks as though my renovation work at home will be finished in the next few weeks so I might have some time to spare.

Steve.

I do know that they denied having anything to do with the occult, and something like no being involved with Kabbalah as such though it's useful as a tool. They've denied a few other things - I don't recall masons being in there but they may well be - there's just so many pages and emails now. Maybe I'll go through all the past communications and pull this stuff together - what they have to say about themselves.

Eri - there is that aye, I think maybe they did use 'brethren' as well.

I'm pretty convinced about the deliberate ommission thing - and they do speak of using 'scordatura' - which I take, in this non-musical context, to mean simply altering things from the norm to fit their purpose, which would include mispellings, words altered in quotes, ommitted words & letters etc. Similarly with words that have been capitalised or underlined etc, I reckon they convey an additional message. I've found other stuff through the pages, though I've not really posted much of it yet - the Gods know I've posted enough dumb stuff already so I'm holding off on that and a few other things for now. There's one example where there's misquoted words from the song 'The Boxer' followed by another misquote and put together the missing words form the phrase 'looking for bays' - but that's way back somewhere among the older pages. If you look at the Feb 5th announcement:

http://www.maydaymystery.org/mayday/texts/05-feb9.html

check out the underlined words - 'the ship' (in Greek), timetable, enforcement - then two partially underlined words 'plen' 'plen' which maybe some kind of code I can't figure out right now - but 'the ship, timetable, enforcement' - seems to be something going on there.

Steve - that being able to edit other folk's clues did concern me. I reckon that it would be best just to let the duplications stay, a lot of it has additional details, peoples different viewpoints etc so it's not all just repetitions - if the site is wiki-ized then repetition should get less in the future anyway, as presumably we'll be able to see right away if someone else has already posted something. Also, we're all going to have a slightly different take on what is relevent and what isn't - that would depend a great deal on our own theories about the site. Myself, I really wouldn't want to start editing other people's posts, all I'd want to do would be to take out some of the really really dumb mistakes I've posted myself. :oops:

skjalddis said:
I do know that they denied having anything to do with the occult, and something like no being involved with Kabbalah as such though it's useful as a tool. They've denied a few other things - I don't recall masons being in there but they may well be - there's just so many pages and emails now. Maybe I'll go through all the past communications and pull this stuff together - what they have to say about themselves.

Just a comment: They may not have much to do with established occult ideas, but the announcements (and deliveries) present a group using "hidden knowledge" - that is, obscure knowledge about a whole range of subjects* - to achieve "otherworldly" ends. To me, that's occult.

*I've been thinking about the groupings of four and the Agonist-style competition. Do you think we might be able to group some of the common subject areas, such as monetary systems/trade, pharmacy, and physics, into four major categories? Maybe the competition is really four competitions in each area.

Also, is the competition between the four Mayday groups or does it involve each of the four groups competing against a similar group *within* the subject area? (So that the references to Pelagians, Revisionists, Hirelings, and Pigs would apply to competitors.) I may be oversimplifying, but I plead ignorance. :)

The whole thing reminds me of a Thomas Pynchon novel (not a specific one, but overall). The many references to obscure facts from all over science and history - the "secret society" thing - the postage stamps - the secret messages.

I once was a member of a Thomas Pynchon discussion group. Even the discussions and "decipherments" of his books sounded a lot like the discussions on the mayday website.

I heard that little personal details are known about Thomas Pynchon - who knows, it might be him ...

Great observation about Pynchon! The writer is referenced in the 2004 May Day announcement: http://www.maydaymystery.org/mayday/texts/04-may1.html I would love to see some specific examples/comparisons if any have jumped out at you.

I was just browsing the may day site and see where Juls sent in a comment much more knowledgeable and coherent than my last post, pointing out why there seems to be a connection to the occult. It's on this page: http://www.maydaymystery.org/mayday/tex ... 42003.html

This is still Eri. I was forced to increase the characters in my screen name and added the first word that came to mind - now I don't like it. Do I really leap to so many conclusions? :(

LeapingEri said:
I was just browsing the may day site and see where Juls sent in a comment much more knowledgeable and coherent than my last post, pointing out why there seems to be a connection to the occult. It's on this page: http://www.maydaymystery.org/mayday/tex ... 42003.html

Hi :)

Ta for the compliment but you should see some of the other stuff I've sent in, talk about dumb... :oops:

Anyhow, I don't know if you picked up on their reply to that post - they admitted that it could look like there were occult or "Hermetic" connections but that it wasn't the case:

"not one of us has any
occult connections or interests. There is definitely no connection to what is sometimes styled the hermetic tradition...
...This final section is rather surprising at least to the two of us: The Orphanage agrees with Juls that even a close reading of your
excellent site would incline an intelligent reader to believe there were hermetic connections."

http://www.maydaymystery.org/mayday/tex ... ks148.html

I wanted to go through and check out the stuff they say about themselves but I've not really been able to look at the site since that last announcement was posted, had a lot of heavy real life stuff to deal with. I'll try and get it done and post up a wee summary. I've not read through them in a while but I seem to remember that there's some interesting stuff in the earliest emails that they sent, right down at the bottom of the 'recent developments' page.

Juls

Oops, I should have remembered that! I recalled the freaks' message as soon as I read your post. And unfortunately this is not the first time I've gone in circles after having forgotten some of what they've said about themselves. So they're working in silence but it's not "hermetic" - what comes to my mind covert activity facilitated by coded messages. And that's always been the obvious interpretation of the May Day announcements.

Are any of you still following this?
Brian just posted the 12/7/2005 announcement.
Strangely, it's not the usual full-page (?) year-end extravaganza.

The Hanjin Shanghai is an actual ship with call sign 3FGI5. And apparently, you can look up tracking history data on the web. Although there is a gap in the data that would cover 9/11/2005.

Google maps tells us that 37.5883N 122.25W is near a tower near the rt 92 bridge across the back bay of San Francisco.

It also tells us that 42 31.4N 70 56.2W is some sort of industrial park outside of Boston.

(Note the inconsistant lat / long formats... Does anyone really need six decimal places of precision?)

A shot in the dark...

Six decimal places of precision might indicate something military. All I can think of is how the military GPS is significantly more accurate than the civilian version. I'm not saying that this has to do with the military, just that it might point to something vaguely related.

EDIT: Having just read the newest message, "Levees" and "Category 5 assault" just make me think of the hurricanes and the failed levees. Just a thought.

Since they've been drawing discussion on Bryan's website, they've occasionally incorporated things the posters have speculated about & recent events into their messages. I assume that they're mixing in a few red herrings, like the "the Oath Giver" reference.

Note that in the last few major announcements (Dec / May) they've abandonded the full-page (quarter-page?) puzzle format that they had been employing.

The newspaper articlethat attempted to place this all at the feet of one person really seemed to kill interest in this on the FTMB.

To the Finland Station

April 4, 1988 - "Capt. Morgan stopped in Augsburg (June 25, 1530) and cabled the Finland Station.'

This is a line worthy of James Joyce and the first time I've ever seen New York State Freemasonry of the 1830s, Martin Luther, the electric telegraph (not invented until 1844) and Vladimir Lenin alluded to in a single 13-word sentence.

Philo_T said:
Note that in the last few major announcements (Dec / May) they've abandonded the full-page (quarter-page?) puzzle format that they had been employing.

That seems to coincide with the smiley guy's hair loss - from eight last May to just four in December. In the latest one he's not even smiling. Does that mean we have to refer to him as expressionless guy now?

Another recent trend is that while Bryan still gets letters and packages, it seems like he doesn't get fancy coins or other items of worth like he used to.

I guess this message sort of explains it.

Ah bin instructed Loud 'n kleer ta tell R good bud Bry dat dis year be differ'n dan previous. We done bin penetrated at de Third Level. Could be dat come May Day de Announce not show up in usual form.

They've been penetrated at the Third Level. The most obvious explanation is that the ad is smaller this year because they decided to leave out the Third Level stuff.

I'm back... not that I've actually been anywhere - I just gave up coming here after the hassle of the changing usernames...

Still tearing my hair out over on the mayday page with no luck. I feel like I'm skittering on the edge of something that I just can't quite grasp.

Another recent trend is that while Bryan still gets letters and packages, it seems like he doesn't get fancy coins or other items of worth like he used to.

Maybe because he's busy with other things and the site no longer gets updated for weeks - maybe now that he's not able to devote as much effort into unravelling it, they're not rewarding him as much? Or maybe they're finally running out of cash after funding this for so long. :)

I still can't understand why he was being rewarded in that way anyway - for publicly trying to unravel their messages of which they seem fairly protective. And Bryan hasn't actually visibly done much for a while towards unravelling things himself, just collating the thoughts of others.

Anyone else made any headway in the last year? I'm trying at the moment to see any significance in the formatting - specifically the underlining of seemingly random letters and words.

Steve.

Quick thought - not sure if this has been raised elsewhere in the thread, and at 22 pages now, I'm a little reluctant to revisit it all. Apologies.

What if this message is entirely meaningless when taken from the outside looking in?

What I mean is that perhaps the message only makes sense when you already understand what has been coded. Perhaps the reason you're skittering around the edges is because you can't see what the ultimate message is. Maybe you need to know what you're looking for in the first place to be able to spot it - wood for the trees and all that.

Just a thought. :)

Just a bunch of intellectuals playing Mornington Crescent.

More than likely, but considering the costs that have been wracked up over a couple of decades, they'd have to be pretty rich and patient intellectuals..

Steve.

bump?

(that pic of the Western Union has been 'shopped. What did they take out in the left-hand side? From the round hole in the clouds downwards.)

I would have thought Jim Mosley would have been above such foolishness. :p

addendum:
somebody set up a wiki. Is this something Brian is playing with?

Back