• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Mayday Mystery

Dang, looks like it's been a while since anyone has really said anything about this. Is there some discussion taking place elsewhere or has everyone just gotten fed up with the whole thing?

Well, some people I know and I have been considering looking into this. I guess I'll put up what we discover (if anything) on the main web site.

One thing I was wondering though, how did you all get started working on this? Did you start from the very first announcement and work your way forward?

monkeyboydc said:
Dang, looks like it's been a while since anyone has really said anything about this. Is there some discussion taking place elsewhere or has everyone just gotten fed up with the whole thing?

Well, some people I know and I have been considering looking into this. I guess I'll put up what we discover (if anything) on the main web site.

One thing I was wondering though, how did you all get started working on this? Did you start from the very first announcement and work your way forward?

I just kind of randomly dipped into the ads when I first found out about them. The do have references to earlier ones, and at some point you will start from 1 and work your way through them.

I was kind of hoping that the thread here on the FTMB could be used to air some of my wild speculations and only submit pretty sure facts to Brian's website.

monkeyboydc said:
Welcome to the board.

There are a number of threads that lie dormant for ages and then get sudden bursts of activity, so it's not all that unusual. Occasionally new info, evidence, theories or whatever will show up and the thread will come back to life. Come to that, there are a lot of posters who don't say anything unless they actually have something to say :).

I'm bumping this thread because Mr. Hance just got a package and, once again, I'm not sure how to read this "clue" and yet at the same time it fits the protestant belief system aspects of the MDM.
http://www.maydaymystery.org/mayday/tex ... 32008.html

Lately, the packages and letters have been postmarked Las Vegas, NV. This is making me think one person might be behind it all.

BUMP!!

This is utterly bizarre! First time I ever heard of it!

General consensus--if any?!

:shock: :eek: :?

Thank you. The most recent, June 2012, is a lot more detailed than other recent ones.. lots in there. Cromwell, his son in law Ireton, their contemporary (and fellow General) Gustavus Adolphus, Pelagius, tapeworms, Norbert's house-widener... that's my Saturday afternoon sorted then...

Just checked out the MaydayMystery site for the first time in months as whenever I had looked recently it was just saying he (Bryan) didn't have time to do any updates or whatever, and there's finally a bunch of new updates in the 'recent developments' section.

I've been following it for many years now, and still the whole thing feels a bit weird. Not least why 'they' continue to send him messages and bizarre gifts apparently in support of his website and his attempts to unravel the mystery. Especially since in the last few years his unravelling seems to have been limited to posting copies of the ads and that's about it. And since all comments or queries posted by others need to be moderated and hand-added to the web pages by Bryan, it means when he doesn't have time to do so, everything backs up. (which I guess would be a good reason for losing interest if you thought it would take a week of solid work to plough through everything that had been sent in...)

Has anyone found any other websites exploring this? I know several people have offered to help out or run a forum or wiki-type site to save on Bryan's clearly limited time but nothing has ever been forthcoming.

Maybe he figured it out and has been adopted into the cult and no longer needs help... :)

Steve.

No, I haven't found any other place that has really persisted with discussion of the Mayday mystery. I think most people find this somewhat intriguing when they first encounter it, but lose interest after months of only managing to scratch chips off the surface.

One of the reasons I started the thread here on the FTMB was that I wanted to avoid posting speculative theories on Bryan's site. For a while there, it seemed by reading a little into the ads, some very interesting stories could be spun.

Lately Bryan has seemed to have either lost interest or the time to keep the site updated. There used to be a handful of posters that seemed to have some very good insights, but also have seemed to go quiet. Probably completed their degrees and moved on.

Has anyone else who's followed the ads for years noticed the change in the last few years? It looks like a new editor has taken over. The ads seem more concise, less "baroque" for want of a better characterization.

Anybody else monitoring this anymore?

Looks like no ad was placed for 5/2013.

How is it they get published anonymously.....wouldn't some one have to submit them to the paper in some manner and then they could be traced?
:confused:

wouldn't some one have to submit them to the paper in some manner and then they could be traced?

You didn't bother with the video, then!

It describes, in its over-produced way, how an elderly lawyer delivers the copy to the paper. He claims only to be a messenger from the group and not a member. :confused:

You didn't bother with the video, then!

It describes, in its over-produced way, how an elderly lawyer delivers the copy to the paper. He claims only to be a messenger from the group and not a member. :confused:

No sorry...I didnt' watch the video but that doesn't make sense either...how does he receive the inserts then...?
Certainly he could easily be watched and one could catch whomever is delivering them to him .
Sounds like no one has bothered to think about this very deeply in Arizona.
I think any decent private detective could figure out where the inserts are coming from...if someone really wanted to figure this out.

ps: I think my above post might be a bit unclear......so what I meant to say was someone could simply follow or watch the old guy who delivers the messages to see how he receives them....and then follow the trail backwards.

Last edited:
Clues to a forthcoming Ban Drown novel

<good news>:
"Remembah, dem oldah membahz didn't hab' nuthin' ta do wid it, jes glad ta be free a dah USURPER"

<bad news>:
The 500th eclipsed by "DE PIG" in mainstream news

<new plot line>:
The timing shows the 25 year conspiracy of the Pelagian devils.

<good news>:
Announcement 10/25/17

<Good news>:
“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”

<shock news>:
“We shall overcome them...BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY,”

<look to the news!>;
{the ORPHANAGE was prepared}

Clues to a forthcoming Ban Drown novel

<good news>:
"Remembah, dem oldah membahz didn't hab' nuthin' ta do wid it, jes glad ta be free a dah USURPER"

<bad news>:
The 500th eclipsed by "DE PIG" in mainstream news

<new plot line>:
The timing shows the 25 year conspiracy of the Pelagian devils.

<good news>:
Announcement 10/25/17

<Good news>:
“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”

<shock news>:
“We shall overcome them...BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY,”

<look to the news!>;
{the ORPHANAGE was prepared}
I couldn’t agree more.

Back