• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Mighty Boosh

Oh damn!

::I loove the chosen one::

Damn damn damn.

:yeay: :yeay:
Adore the Boosh.

Would you like a pie?
Noooo!
But it is a good pie.
Nevertheless, last time you gave me pie, I cut into it - with my tiny pie cutter - and millions of birds flew out hitting me in the eyes and temples. I was confused... it was a trick pie!
Why you no like my pie?
I just told you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoxvI4ZzN2w&feature=related
:)

Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy.

Anyone else see it?

Erm....

OK, I'll qualify that. I like Noel, he's a funny bloke, and engaging, and seems genuinely warm and non-malicious. Some bits were really funny, and grabbed you straight away, and other bits you could see could grow on you after a while, but others..

Erm... :?

I'm planning to check it out but I read some of the reviews yesterday and it doesn't look promising. Even die-hard Boosh fans were saying it was shite. Knowing me I'll probably love it..

I saw fragments of the new series on Jonathan Ross, which I watched because Noel Fielding and David Attenborough, were on it. I see now why the team up with Julian Barrett worked so well. Fielding's a brilliant, but incontinent, artistic ideas sort of chap, whereas Barrett is the more disciplined, musical type, who can probably string together a coherent framework to hang everything on.

I'll have to try and catch the prog. and see for myself.

I saw it on YouTube (not out here yet), and I have to agree with Pietro. I got the distinct impression that it really needed someone else to tie it together a bit more. A lot of clever ideas, and some funny moments, but not as well put together as Boosh.

Rumours of some Boosh resuscitation ahead. A fourth series, perhaps?

I really enjoyed Flowers, which featured J Barratt recently.

Way way back in the mists of time, Perrier.

Barratt roles on. "Mindhorn" was a name out of one of their early radio shows. This one has Barratt and Farnaby (he played Simon McFarnaby in S1 and Harold Boon in S3) writing and starring. Anyone seen it?

Last edited:
Barratt roles on. "Mindhorn" was a name out of one of their early radio shows. This one has Barratt and Farnaby (he played Simon McFarnaby in S1 and Harold Boon in S3) writing and starring. Anyone seen it?

Saw it on Tuesday - low budget, but I really, really liked it. My boss, however, didn't - he thought it was a dragged-out half-hour TV show masquerading as a film.

Thanks for the feedback, cycleboy2. Glad to hear it isn't a howler.

Rich lets slip that there might be a Boosh 3D cooking show coming.... to Kryten (Red Dwarf)
in 2010.

Back