• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Moment An 'Advanced' Alien Race Makes Contact—It's Game Over

I remember reading a mountain of books in the late 80s / early 90s, covering most aspects of the UFO phenomena. I recall it being pointed out in several books, the aliens never seemed to posess technology for in advance of what was available at the time of the encounter and there were a spate of cases where biological samples were taken. Time Travelers in my opinion. The aliens are humans from the future harvesting DNA to supplement their own genetically depleted pool and are careful not to display anything too advanced so as not to influence their past .

Because of this, they pose no threat because to destroy us would bugger up their past.

I don't doubt this has been suggested before, but can't be bothered to read through the countless comments in all the UFO threads .
I still don't think causality is so fragile that they'd mess up their own pasts. But I'm down with them being more likely to come from a version of Earth.

Because of this, they pose no threat because to destroy us would bugger up their past.
It might also be why they keep telling us to stop messing up the environment and using nuclear weapons.

Well that's a bit of a no brainer. Unfortunately, brains are in short supply.

I think that a lot of the post WW2 panic over nuclear weapons has pervaded the UFO argument. There was at that time a lot of guff on how we would alter the balance of the solar system/galaxy/universe etc. which was worrying the ETs.

Even if we let off all the nukes we’re unlikely to do anymore than wipe out ourselves and a lot of other species, we may mange to wipe out all life on Earth but even that is unlikely.

Any attempts by whatever the UFO occupants are to stop our path to self destruction can only be because: they are from the future and the past is alterable ; because of concern for us or some other species, or concern for a biosphere that they have a use for – with or without us.

The best evidence is contactees or witnesses claiming a spiritual experience following contact. But this would be better applied to politicians than Mrs Ethel Scraggs of Birmingham.

Otherwise, what are they up to?

“Hey Zxxork, how do we stop the bald monkeys from destroying themselves?”

“Lets, play tag with their jets, kill a few cows and probe their bums.”

“What is it with you and probing bums?”

“Well we don’t have them and I find them fascinating.”

IMHO I think that if they have made contact in any way we can understand it is to try and raise consciousness via creating religious leaders and that has mostly gone very wrong because of organised religion (Life of Brian) Perhaps they are having a re think.

As an aside the FT article on finding random numbers was interesting – we always look for patterns for communication perhaps they are transmitting true random signals as proof that they have created them? I think Sagan once said something similar.

The real problem is that we have no way of knowing the motivations of a truly alien species. Indifference is one we may find hardest to take.

Apologies for the rambling.:conf2:

There is however still the issue that they only warn us about things we know. No aliens were warning us about global warming in the 1950s.

More specifically - they only warn us about things that are popularly known and discussed. As illustrated by this snippet image, scientific concern about potential global warming was expressed in mainstream publications decades before we allegedly frightened aliens with our nuclear weapons.
191203_Furnaces_of_the_world_-_Popular_Mechanics_-_Global_warming.jpg
NOTE: Suggestions that carbon emissions and the greenhouse effect might cause climatic warming arose even earlier, in 19th century scientific circles.

Then the opposite could be true in that superior humanoids on earth could be friendly and helpful ?

What is going on the world right now, man might look like to an outsider as being very dangerous and primitive.

I dont like this `Game over` idea.

Logically it must happen to every civilisation in the Universe.

(Some, of course, might well advance so quickly they discover others first...but that isnt likley)

So...are they doomed too?

A popular SciFi TV program called V around 2008 had our first contact with aliens going not so well.

The aliens in V came in peace while plotting our demise.

But the aliens or humanoids have always been here already.

The late Stanton Friedman always said E.T. Is here, the real question is what do they want.

Friedman said they could have done away with us a long time ago !

A popular SciFi TV program called V around 2008 had our first contact with aliens going not so well.

The aliens in V came in peace while plotting our demise.

But the aliens or humanoids have always been here already.

The late Stanton Friedman always said E.T. Is here, the real question is what do they want.

Friedman said they could have done away with us a long time ago !
I have this theory that they harvest dopamine from our brains. It's their favourite drug.

Back