• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Moment An 'Advanced' Alien Race Makes Contact—It's Game Over

OK ... In the spirit of returning to the original theme(s) of this thread ...

I agree with the sentiment and warnings Hawking expressed, but I can't say I agree with the way he framed it ...

IMHO the biggest issue relating to alien contact is whether or not we (humans) would recognize it as a contact in the first place. The reason this is an issue is the same reason why the notion of any presumptive scenario (and response on our part) has to be qualified with respect to a major bias.

We humans, generation after generation, have considered ourselves the 'crown of creation' - i.e., the superlative end product of earth's history. The fact that prior generations have consistently demonstrated they didn't deserve such a self-attribution is a heavy clue that we've been deluding ourselves as to how great we are.

I mention this because the 'crown of creation' conceit is but one facet of a deeper bias - i.e., the notion that all things everywhere correlate with what we (think we ... ) know and how we see ourselves. Early cultures tended to project human-like qualities onto inanimate objects (animism) as our earliest form of explaining nature. Later cultures abstracted things, but remained firmly rooted in the homo-centric bias, by shifting to human-like gods and / or other folkloric and mythic beings that always seemed to resemble ourselves. Sure, we abstracted even farther to a single omnipotent super-figure, but we still claimed we reflected its / His form.

We can't help but project our peculiar nature, history, and experiences onto all notions of what it's like to be an apex entity - whether it's in the context of a single society, an individual planet, or the entire universe.

The two things we congratulate ourselves for (and which are cited by the OP) are:

- Advanced status - most typically with regard to technical prowess and products, but also secondarily with regard to 'maturity' or elevated outlook.

- Intelligence - almost always encrusted with the same loosely defined connotations and misleading spins we attribute to that quality in humans - i.e., a capacity for rational / logical thought and accumulation of technical / scientific knowledge.

... both of which are framed in familiar human terms that we project onto the notion of 'aliens' just as we've always consistently projected our contemporary self-constructed vision of ourselves onto most everything else.

My point is that we assume any alien species that is capable of interstellar travel must be 'advanced' and 'intelligent' on our own terms. Granted, this is the only basis we have for speculating about such things. However, we've proven ourselves wrong repeatedly over the centuries, and there's no particular reason to assume we're any less self-deluded now than at any time in the past.

Whether you're talking about medical experimentation, kidnapping, slavery, or armed conflict, the dangers we see in alien contact are unavoidably of the same nature as what we humans have done to each other for millennia.

It's important to look back at Hawking's standard illustration for the dangers - the arrival of Europeans in the New World (Americas). Yes, the arrogant Euros eventually overwhelmed and subjugated the native populations through deliberate actions and technological advantage. However, the single most important factor in achieving this subjugation were the diseases introduced by the newcomers - diseases their own best 'science' couldn't explain or reliably treat, and whose causes were microscopic life forms they didn't even know existed. Wells' War of the Worlds wasn't 'won' because of human bravery or military prowess - it was 'won' by bacteria.

There's no solid reason for assuming aliens would be anything like us - either biologically, technologically, psychologically, or culturally - except for our own arrogance. As a result, the more pressing problems to consider aren't what human-like atrocities the presumptively human-like aliens would perpetrate, but rather:

- whether we'd recognize any arrival / presence / 'contact' in the first place;

- whether any such contact would necessarily induce any sort of conflict of the sort we perpetually undertake in such situations;

- whether any conflict or power struggle would necessarily be decided by the same means as we humans consistently employ to resolve our own differences; and ...

- how much more 'advanced' and 'intelligent' must we become before we can reasonably envision what the possibilities may be once we can shake off our self-reflecting biases?

Not hard at all ... We humans are the original, most effective, and most masterful antagonists to have done it to date, and I predict no other species will ever surpass us in this regard!

:evillaugh:

Not recognizing intelligence was a theme in Terence Mckenna's work. It's Terence McKenna who's ideas I shamelessly stole and paraphrased earlier. Terence talked about an alien life sending spores out into the cosmos. It's a panspermia of sorts at a level where the idea that eating a shroom might then implant some form of autoreactive program. Perhaps the program is embedded in something as innocuous as a mineral, and so that a life form might eat or absorb the program, which then begins a process of progressing on through the biochain by all available means.

So whilst preparing to fight off lesser aliens in their anti-gravity ships, or blinking in and out of sight, it's really too late. The lunch you just ate already impregnated you with alien life and a program which is so far beyond our own thinking that what we have called evolution is likely to be the result other influences.

Another issue you've raised is how to deal with a numerically inferior, but technologically superior race, and which is bent on conquest. The lessons which can be drawn from human on human experience show that technology is an equalizer, and which can, if sufficiently advanced, invalidate super-superior numerical numbers.

When the Spanish first arrived the natives were influenced to a great degree by shock and awe. Speed of conquest is also important and can be a demoralizing force which can break the will to fight, and of course the Spanish had primitive but frightening new weapons that seemed to be able to kill invisibly with a thunderclap. They also had horses which were first thought to be a single being, that is the rider and horse were mistaken for a single creature, and finally the Spanish had body armor and metal swords.

Despite all these things what the natives really lacked was experience in warfare against a superior enemy. Ultimately, success in warfare comes about through inventiveness. That is, by way of surprise by doing things in new and unexpected ways, and while applying speed of operation to a military plan.

If an alien invasion was or is happening, then it must come in one of two forms. It must come either by stealth, or by shock and awe with lightning speed.

If an alien invasion was or is happening, then it must come in one of two forms. It must come either by stealth, or by shock and awe with lightning speed.

Again, speculation. It could come in the form of a misguided arrogant intelligence we simply shoot down and shoot to bits. Or their Supreme Lead Mothership's navigation and brakes fail and it crashes into the sea while we all have a beach party and dance under the fireworks (Which seems to be a thing with visiting UFOs)

... If an alien invasion was or is happening, then it must come in one of two forms. It must come either by stealth, or by shock and awe with lightning speed.

IF a contact / visit / intrusion were underway and IF it were indicative of an intention we humans treat as 'invasion' (in our own terms)*, then these would definitely be two out of many more possible strategies.

(* History indicates we humans are practically guaranteed to treat any figurative, much less literal, intrusion or perturbation into the institutionalized norm will be characterized as an 'invasion'.)

In the strict sense, a 'shock and awe' strategy presumes a sufficient familiarity with the adversaries to predict what may shock or awe them. It's an induced psychological effect above and beyond overwhelming physical disruption / destruction. It's not the sole such psychological effect toward which strategic or tactical planning may be directed.

Richard Feynman would be the one to ask there. I googled your question and here is the first thing that popped up.
My experience is that dissertations are typically finely written and glancing at this one seems to be well laid out.
Undoubted worth the time.

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imp...c/dissertations/2013/Yun-Shi-Dissertation.pdf
It would take me a month to get through this with any understanding, it's pretty much over my head, once it's past Maxwell.

Plus, it has Dirac. He was so ahead of the pack, even at the birth of Quantum Theory. Extraordinary guy.

Last edited:
Opposable thumbs. The manual dexterity we've used to create complex fighter aircraft.
The glass tubes needed in chemistry. Televisions. Down to dexterity.
Tentacles...but you're right dexterity is required, but thumbs might not be.
Play. Equals creativity and learning. What if there's no time in a day for that? What if each minute is a battle for survival?
Play equals creativity and learning in us. There's no reason to suppose it would be the same with utterly alien life.

Equally, a fight for survival minute by minute might select for intelligence very quickly.

You might argue that general problem solving intelligence is retarded by human social rules and behaviour. As an example, when 'group think' takes over an organisation and people then behave in a way that defies logic and rational decision making.

Life that wasn't burdened with that might well evolve intelligence very quickly. Consider how many times fire might have been discovered/invented before the head of the tribe/family group accepted the the new scary idea that challenged his leadership?

Gambeir said:
"If an alien invasion was or is happening, then it must come in one of two forms. It must come either by stealth, or by shock and awe with lightning speed."

Probably true - Shock and awe we all understand.
But would we understand stealth? Really clever stealth by an advanced intelligence - be it alien or even Human, might go undetectable until it is too late - Until it is already game over.

Again we are familiar with the warnings by such notables as Hawking, Bill Gates and Elon Musk about how dangerous advancing AI intelligence can become - And of course the fururist Ray Kurzweil likes the concept, thinks we will develop a symbiotic relationship as we have in the past with our machines {ie. simple calculators, cars, planes, etc.} - but all our machines are also weapons of war and control - So is your basic computer.

But what if apocalyptic scenario doesn't happen by chance - Not runaway AI that develops a mind of it own, but rather an external 'alien mind' with its own agenda of control and conquest - for its own benefit.

For all we know, right now as you are comfortably sitting in front of your friendly computer screen {or smart phone} and exchanging data and concepts - that machine is collecting data on you {fact is it is} - But the speculation here is that it is not just business types looking to make a buck - It is an alien species seeking full control - And by the time you realize you are being completely controlled by a technological mind you can not fully grasp - It is game over - FIRST CONTACT IS FINAL AND IT IS GAME OVER!

That's why I say keep speculating and have fun while you can - Lest by the time we meet the Borg it is already too late and you in fact have been 'assimilated'.

"Life can only be understood backwards - but it must be lived forwards."
- Soren Kierkegaard

So much to look at here, and unfortunately for everyone else, it is something I can babble about for extended periods.

Again, speculation. It could come in the form of a misguided arrogant intelligence we simply shoot down and shoot to bits. Or their Supreme Lead Mothership's navigation and brakes fail and it crashes into the sea while we all have a beach party and dance under the fireworks (Which seems to be a thing with visiting UFOs)

Might have already happened. My understanding is that we are under an invasion, that it is by stealth, that the powers that be have attacked and, as you say, shot to bits whomever randomly flitters about.

This slightly disturbing interview with Dr. David M. Jacobs is about his work with abductees. Just go to the link and you can download it or listen to it there. Takes Jacobs a few minutes to get comfortable but when he gets going it's a highly entertaining interview. Covers his own laughable unintended and largely unwanted entry into the field as an abductee researcher, his lifelong friendship with Bud Hopkins, as well as hypnosis and the reports from the abducted.

Interview with David M. Jacobs: "Walking Among Us: The Alien Plan to Control Humanity.
https://www.sott.net/article/317893...g-Among-Us-The-Alien-Plan-to-Control-Humanity

His website
http://www.ufoabduction.com/

I will warn you that this is disturbing. However, we are supposedly adults, and even if we are 11 year olds at heart, we still have real 11 year olds that are a counting on us to play our roles as their protectors and sages.

Could this be a complex psyop? Jacobs doesn't think so. I would like to disagree, I say like to, but can't.

This slightly disturbing interview with Dr. David M. Jacobs is about his work with abductees. Just go to the link and you can download it or listen to it there. Takes Jacobs a few minutes to get comfortable but when he gets going it's a highly entertaining interview. Covers his own laughable unintended and largely unwanted entry into the field as an abductee researcher, his lifelong friendship with Bud Hopkins, as well as hypnosis and the reports from the abducted.

I've heard him many times on talk shows like Coast to Coast and try not to take him too seriously - I still maintain that new age outlook most of the time of a kind of benevolent space brothers that have to act covertly to avoid problems with say culture shock - BUT that is on a good day when i'm a good mood - Sure, as me, you, and others have speculated here, there may be nothing good at all about our still hypothetical aliens - John Mack the famous Harvard psychiatrist wrote a couple of books on the subject when he interviewed many abductees, took them seriously, and at first received much ridicule from his peers, who later accepted his views - though still probably did not believe them.

And then again there is the occult factor as has been pointed out by the famous ufologist, and computer scientist by trade, Jacques Vallee - From his point of view we may be dealing with a phenomena that is real,
but not emanating from this world - Parallel dimensions? - some physicists postulate the real possibility of parallel universes, possibly many, if not an infinite number of universes {ie. Charles Everetts Many Worlds Theory} - And this could explain why UFO sightings seem to come from nowhere, are not bound by normal laws of physics, and seem to disappear as if by magic.

"“If you want to be sure of unusual thing such as aliens or UFOs,
then you have to think about it from an unusual way of thinking.”
Toba Beta, My Ancestor Was an Ancient Astronaut

"“We live in a world where extraterrestrials could be everywhere and you would never know. A world driven by god’s, unexplained structures, countless stories and extraterrestrial occurrences. There is proof that our planet has been and still continues to be visited by extraterrestrial life, but until we are able to capture and study them, the question will remain. Do Aliens Really Exist?”
Michael E Emmering

"Hopis have lived in America longer than anyone. We wanted to explore the concept of Earthly visitation through the eyes of people who have also witnessed the rapid evolution of modern culture. For us, their beliefs ring true on so many levels. Hopi prophecy speaks to the destiny of man...in a universe where we are not alone.”
T.J. Wolf, A GLEAM OF LIGHT

..Might have already happened. My understanding is that we are under an invasion, that it is by stealth, that the powers that be have attacked and, as you say, shot to bits whomever randomly flitters about...Could this be a complex psyop? Jacobs doesn't think so. I would like to disagree, I say like to, but can't.
The problem - well, one of the problems with the whole HJM saga from a decade or two ago is that once you start bringing conspiracy theory into anything then a lot of cards come off the table. Conspiracy is one of the very few fields in which the less evidence there is the more the proponents claim it as proof, as it must clearly be a cover-up (otherwise there would be more proof, obviously.) Further, evidence to the contrary automatically becomes assigned as disinformation, to lead the unwary away from the "truth".

I've seen it postulated that pop-culture has been softening us up for the "alien revelation" hundreds of times, that Roddenberry, Spielberg and Lucas have all habituated us to the possibility of friendly, helpful aliens, etc, but equally you can argue that we're merely seeing our own culture evolving, like ripples expanding outwards in a pond. Gilgamesh is about the unknown beyond the city-wall, past the mountains; The Lost World about an unexplored continental interior, so bigger scale but still very much terrestrial, then once we've got the handle on what's there along come Verne, Wells et al, and we look to the next place we couldn't get to: space. The human race needs the unknown. It's what drives us forward, and the possibility that we're not alone (another human need, society) is another powerful motivator.

I'm not dismissing any ideas outright, by the way - once you have verifiable proof one way or another it loses a deal of its Fortean interest - but you do have to assign a degree of likelihood to each proposition, and judge it on its own merits. So whilst I know that some people have undergone what they strongly believe to be alien abduction (as in I know they experienced something and aren't just making it up), I believe that there a range of factors at play there. The confirmation bias of HJM is what produced the truly ludicrous figure of millions of American abductees. That people as bright as Jacobs & co couldn't see that that figure was beyond the realms of fantasy shows the power of ideas believed in passionately enough to displace pragmatism.

When presented with this argument, the circle begins again: those millions of abductees don't remember it because their memories were suppressed and the government covers it up. Back to conspiracy.

One thing Fortean thought will teach you - a lot of the disciplines are interconnected, and a lot have similar tropes and mechanisms inside of them. Sometimes the wider view can clarify the narrower field.

... Conspiracy is one of the very few fields in which the less evidence there is the more the proponents claim it as proof, as it must clearly be a cover-up (otherwise there would be more proof, obviously.) Further, evidence to the contrary automatically becomes assigned as disinformation, to lead the unwary away from the "truth". ...

Good point, and one that deserves wider recognition. Whether it's the core / focal issue per se, or an overlay on some other subject (e.g., deliberate cover-ups of UFO, etc., phenomena), 'conspiracy' twists the old saw:

'Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence'

... and transforms it into ...

'Absence of evidence is confirmatory evidence in and of itself.' :loopy:

One thing Fortean thought will teach you - a lot of the disciplines are interconnected, and a lot have similar tropes and mechanisms inside of them. Sometimes the wider view can clarify the narrower field.
That'll be because a lot of disciplines have 'people' in common.

Notwithstanding the very slender possibility that UFO's are aliens, ghosts are really independent non-corporeal bodies and the Loch Ness monster is alive and well, I consider these things to be the same phenomenon manifesting in slightly different ways. We see what we are expecting to see and the more we recall it, the more real it gets.

'Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence'

... and transforms it into ...

'Absence of evidence is confirmatory evidence in and of itself.' :loopy:
At which point I punt off to read/do/learn something else...

Just thought I should respond to the original thread. The historical record of civilizations around the world shows that 'advanced' alien races have made contact, many times. Usually with individuals, but with whole societies and cultures on occasion. Look at the Vedas, some of the oldest religious (and likely historic) texts known to exist. They literally state that beings from other worlds came to visit people on the ancient Indian sub-continent and amazed them with flying machines and paradise-like descriptions of their home worlds . The beings fought battles with each other in the air using weapons described as "a shaft of light" and "a single projectile charged with the energy of the universe."

The Hopi Indians of the American southwest have legends of "ant people", who were said to have helped them survive underground when the "first world" was destroyed. Artwork depicting the ant people is remarkably similar to some modern depictions of aliens. One also has to wonder about the giant works of landscape art created by South American cultures in antiquity, visible only from the sky. It seems awfully clear to me that they expected someone to see it.

Just thought I should respond to the original thread. The historical record of civilizations around the world shows that 'advanced' alien races have made contact, many times. Usually with individuals, but with whole societies and cultures on occasion. Look at the Vedas, some of the oldest religious (and likely historic) texts known to exist. They literally state that beings from other worlds came to visit people on the ancient Indian sub-continent and amazed them with flying machines and paradise-like descriptions of their home worlds . The beings fought battles with each other in the air using weapons described as "a shaft of light" and "a single projectile charged with the energy of the universe."

The Hopi Indians of the American southwest have legends of "ant people", who were said to have helped them survive underground when the "first world" was destroyed. Artwork depicting the ant people is remarkably similar to some modern depictions of aliens. One also has to wonder about the giant works of landscape art created by South American cultures in antiquity, visible only from the sky. It seems awfully clear to me that they expected someone to see it.
None of that is actual evidence of alien contact.....it's speculation based on mostly ancient religious beliefs and traditions that modern man , or I should say modern ufo and alien believers', have used to support their personal beliefs about alien contact in the past. Again...these are myths and legends and as interesting as they might be, ....we don't know that any of them point legitimately towards alien contact.

None of that is actual evidence of alien contact.....it's speculation based on mostly ancient religious beliefs and traditions that modern man , or I should say modern ufo and alien believers', have used to support their personal beliefs about alien contact in the past. Again...these are myths and legends and as interesting as they might be, ....we don't know that any of them point legitimately towards alien contact.
:yeahthat:

You are right, it is not 100% conclusive proof. It is just evidence and sources which we can use to support whichever arguments we choose to make. In every place and historical era, people interpret visitors from other worlds in terms that they understand and which make sense in their cosmos. People in antiquity understood the visitors as gods, demons, inhabitants of underground worlds, and so on. We interpret them as technologically and perhaps socially advanced inhabitants of other places in outer space which we have not explored yet.

So what are you all saying then?

Are you saying there are no aliens? That you don't know if there's aliens? That there are aliens but they aren't here? That they are here but not abducting people? That the alien abduction phenomena is a psyop? That it's something else?

So what are you all saying then?

Are you saying there are no aliens? That you don't know if there's aliens? That there are aliens but they aren't here? That they are here but not abducting people? That the alien abduction phenomena is a psyop? That it's something else?
Any and all of those things. ;)

Jimv1,

..or in Logan's Run style executes teens?..

Wasn't it 35 year olds ?

the giant works of landscape art created by South American cultures in antiquity, visible only from the sky

The Nazca lines are one of those situations where an assumption is made that ancient folks couldn't have created something because modern folks can't conceive how those ancient folks did it, in this case that something had to have been viewed from above to have been created. But if you recall at school an exercise where you drew something on a grid, then took individual sheets of paper each a square and then recreated what was in one of the squares on your smaller grid to the sheet of paper, repeat and you end up with a massive reproduction of your drawing. A similar process with a grid on the ground reproducing a scaled down version could allow folks to produce epic ground art.

The Nazca lines are one of those situations where an assumption is made that ancient folks couldn't have created something because modern folks can't conceive how those ancient folks did it, in this case that something had to have been viewed from above to have been created. But if you recall at school an exercise where you drew something on a grid, then took individual sheets of paper each a square and then recreated what was in one of the squares on your smaller grid to the sheet of paper, repeat and you end up with a massive reproduction of your drawing. A similar process with a grid on the ground reproducing a scaled down version could allow folks to produce epic ground art.
It is a classic "begging the question" thing. As you say, easy to do and making it visible to the 'sky people' doesn't mean there were 'sky people'.

It is a classic "begging the question" thing. As you say, easy to do and making it visible to the 'sky people' doesn't mean there were 'sky people'.
That's right.....and the simpler answer anyway is that they were simply making them for their gods....and all tribal societies had various gods., and there's not any reason we should assume they were actual space aliens.

And speaking of this I have yet to ever see any good objective material evidence that aliens were around in mankind's past and interacted with us. There are many claims by ancient alien fans (based on writings and other aspects) but other than some interesting speculation there really isn't any objective evidence we can examine that conclusively proves anything.
Or am I missing some real evidence...? ;)

... And speaking of this I have yet to ever see any good objective material evidence that aliens were around in mankind's past and interacted with us. There are many claims by ancient alien fans (based on writings and other aspects) but other than some interesting speculation there really isn't any objective evidence we can examine that conclusively proves anything.
Or am I missing some real evidence...? ;)

Perhaps ironically, the most demonstrably solid evidence of extraterrestrial visitation remains the nearly 100 meteorites determined to be of Martian origin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Martian_meteorites

Great interview with Dr J Vallee from about 2007........not sure it belongs here but I love listening to his ideas....and this thread caused me to bump into this by accident.

I urge all who are interested in the ufo enigma and related aspects to listen to the interview.

Last edited:
It's a good interview, so long as you're critical, because most of what DR. Vallee says is so seemingly logical that if you're not paying attention stuff can slip through the cracks. At 33:56 he validates the idea that he himself doesn't think hypnosis is the way to extract information from abductees and then goes on to cite a plethora of supposed experts he's consulted, and so forth, however this amounts to a gate keepers line of vocalized defense without any real scientific proofs of any kind.

My issue with this in particular is it is itself completely un-scientific. In fact, to my knowledge there have been no scientific tests done to either validate, or to disprove his hypothesis that these reports aren't accurate. Now the problem with this is it's not that hard to test.

Dr. Vallee does cite all these so called mental health experts, whom give their opinions, and until proven they are just that, but really we have to ask why go here to invalidate the reports of abductees; who have they themselves ever used hypnosis on? This psychobabble is nonsense extrapolated from the anther of space between their own ears. Going to these people without a recorded case history is nonsense, and it would not be hard to re-create a suitable test.

Creating and applying a scientific test to this issue would not be difficult, to test this all we need to do is to find some willing participants whom we know can be hypnotized. Have a real expert like Bruce Dern select the people. Then without him around, follow and video tape the volunteers for a week, and afterwards have Bruce Dern hypnotize them and then see how accurate their recollections are, and while applying the same processes described by Hopkins and Jacobs. How hard is this to do?

Evidently too hard for a seasoned professional huh?

This refusal to approach the abduction topic scientifically on his part is telling. He himself well knows what constitutes scientific validation and how to apply the scientific process and so why then isn't he doing that? Yet again, he talks about others as doing arm chair investigations?

I'm sorry his credibility or competency is lacking. It's one or the other in this case. Such an oversight by a trained academic in the fundamentals of scientific investigation are startling to say the least.

Now then is this what you call an armchair investigation?

Analysis Report on Metal Samples from the 1947 UFO Crash on the Plains of San Augustine, New Mexico
Report Author: Steve Colbern
Samples Received: 26 July, 2009
Report Date: 14 October, 2010

http://www.ufocrashbook.com/pdfs/Analysis Report on Metal Samples.pdf

Last edited:
Jimv1,

..or in Logan's Run style executes teens?..

Wasn't it 35 year olds ?

Yes it was, but the point I was making is a theoretical culture that culls its own before they fully develop a view based on acquired wisdom and experience.

The famous scientist Stephen Hawking has warned us not to be too eager to try to make contact with
hypothetical aliens - He has aptly pointed out the American Indians making contact with Columbus and the ensuing tragedy befalling them afterwards.

I say that if those aleins supposedly occupying the many UFO sightings, are, assuming the sightings are in fact alien, doing us a favor by not making contact.

Imagine, if you will, species of beings making Humans seem dumb - Not too hard to imagine if you think about it.

There is no way such a species could meet Man as an equal - And friendly as they may seem, they would rather quickly enslave the entire Human race.........

That as what I initially posted - And it is 'possibly' true.

But - Another alternative scenario {besides the hope that they are completely benign and like us}

- The other possibility is that space travel that Humans think would require some almost magical technology,
is not in fact all that magical - And in fact if we understood it it really might be quite simple.

Imagine if you will how magical the internal combustion or jet engine might appear to more primitive people,
as it probably does to primitive peoples on this planet when we first show them this technology - a few years of
education and they easily understand it.

Well, are so called 'warp drive' engines so recognizable in sci-fi, not at all that complicated - What if it is quite simple?

As Einstein, Planck, and many others made some startling discoveries early in the 20th Century that gave us
nuclear power, etc.
- Might there not be some trick that will give us 'warp-drive' technology here in 21st Century?

Intelligent and speculative responses appreciated,
- Better still 'Beam me up'!

'THE FUTURE IS NOW !!!"

Back