• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Moment An 'Advanced' Alien Race Makes Contact—It's Game Over

In this context (non-standard ways of looking at whole earth 'agency' for want of a better term), what are your views on the Gaia hypothesis? Not a loaded question - just curious if any of you have any thoughts. Are there any links?

In this context (non-standard ways of looking at whole earth 'agency' for want of a better term), what are your views on the Gaia hypothesis? Not a loaded question - just curious if any of you have any thoughts. Are there any links?

"The Gaia hypothesis (/ˈɡaɪ.ə/GYE, /ˈɡeɪ.ə/GAY), also known as the Gaia theoryor the Gaia principle, proposes that organisms interact with their inorganicsurroundings on Earth to form a synergisticself-regulating, complex system that helps to maintain and perpetuate the conditions for life on the planet........"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_hypothesis

Probably some truth to it - I know some have turned it into a sort of religion.

But we're talking about aliens here - Aliens that may be exponentially advanced technologically over Man.

I'd be more concerned of what you and others might think of us being part of an 'intelligent' Universe.

What do you think of Carl Sagan's famous quote:

"
“The cosmos is within us. We are made of star-stuff. We are a way for the universe to know itself.”

Carl Sagan

What do you think of Carl Sagan's famous quote:

"
“The cosmos is within us. We are made of star-stuff. We are a way for the universe to know itself.”

Carl Sagan
I host the final sentence on my Facebook page. It's the first thing anybody'll begin to understand about me if they haven't met me properly yet. I also have a good think about it whenever I go onto Facebook, which isn't often.

The quote floats, in rich blue, just to the right of the earth in this picture.
New-Video-of-45th-Anniversary-of-Apollo-8-Earthrise-Images.jpg

Might be as good a spot as any to offer up a few thoughts on what he meant.

Sagan was a student of empirical science. What he said he meant literally. The massive forces that give birth and death to stars, eventually causing them to obliterate, have also caused the fragmented remnants to reorganise themselves into life on earth over vast eons of time.

He said the mineral and chemical elements which form the common universal chemical compounds and eventually became the basic building blocks of carbon based organic life were forged inside stars.

This means there is a direct line of relationship, even heritage, from stars to us. That line undoubtedly contains purely theoretical sections which to this day remain opaque to science, but logic enables us to bridge or bind the line until physics and biology provide hard data one way or the other.

I agree with him.

Modern Physics impresses us particularly with the truth of the old doctrine which teaches that there are realities existing apart from our sense-perceptions, and that there are problems and conflicts where these realities are of greater value for us than the richest treasures of the world of experience."
— Max Planck
Planck is probably referring to already known observable realities that we do not detect without sophisticated tools. For example, corrupted cellular biology can end a human life without there being any physical sign of its impending doom.
Until scientists developed tools with which to observe minute organic behaviour, germs were one of those realities.

I agree we must assume there are more which we are currently blind to. They would have values far greater to us than the richest treasures of the world of experience.

But proving this mind force exists independently of deductive or inductive logic is difficult - Put simple it is the most logical conclusion available - not proof.
As you know, I don't think (nor, btw, would Planck have suggested) that extra terrestrial entities are playing us in a great game, but until the tools of observation are invented that allow us to detect their presence, I concede it remains a very distant possibility. However, it is far from being the most logical conclusion one can come to under our cosmic circumstances.

Nobody who has an internal experience of the intellect wants to hear their experience belittled, so I am trying to respond reasonably without becoming patronising in the process. I respect your point of view, but the terms of probability are wildly exaggerated in your own head. It seems such an epiphany to you, but it doesn't bear up to close examination once you put it out there.

I look forward to reports of any progress you might make. Good luck, AV.

My take on this is that sentient beings like ourselves are witnesses to the processes and complexity of the universe, something that the universe itself cannot experience directly. There may be no cosmic consciousness looking at itself, Sagan seems to imply; we may well be the only way that the universe of matter can appreciate its own wonders, so we had better get out there and start appreciating it as hard as we can.

I sometimes entertain the possibility of an infinite multiverse, as I've mentioned on this forum in the past; it seems likely to me that a very large number of the alternate universes out there have no witnesses to appreciate them, and indeed these empty universes may be in the vast majority. So we are fortunate to live in a cosmos that allows us to be aware, and to be self-aware enough to realise this.

If we are living in one of an infinite multiverse, what if we're living in the example where there is no multiverse, since that must exist as well?

If we are living in one of an infinite multiverse, what if we're living in the example where there is no multiverse, since that must exist as well?

Yes, and you must realize that we are living in a Quantum World where there is a Creator and
there is No Creator.

And that the Theists and Atheists are both right and wrong simultaneously.

And my next book will be titled: "Buddhism, Taoism and Quantum Mechanics"
-'And what it really means to be abducted by Aliens' :abduct: :welc: Human to 'our' Universe.

Nick Pope claims he attended secret meetings at the Royal Society in London in the past about what would happen if there was an alien invasion.

The Society’s conclusion was an alien invasion is not a good thing, but people in general would not be shocked as the Society believes in general most people have been conditioned through media that we are not alone.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/former-mod-ufo-adviser-said-26501950

Nick Pope claims he attended secret meetings at the Royal Society in London in the past about what would happen if there was an alien invasion.
He apparently attended an open lecture, back in 2010 - not exactly 'COSMIC TOP SECRET'...

https://royalsociety.org/science-events-and-lectures/2010/extra-terrestrial-life-satellite/

As for, "...attending meetings with some of the world's biggest thinkers".

This confirmation has, allegedly, recently been declassified….

"When Pope worked there, the UFO Desk amounted to just that: a desk ("It was me and an admin assistant"). The pay grade for the job was D, just above the tea lady".

Post in thread 'Nick Pope' https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/nick-pope.3645/post-2156431

Compress_20220325_234757_7330.jpg

Well,

Nick Pope has had a lot of TV time in the U.S. on the History Channel, maybe called Sky History in the UK ?

Being a pay grade above tea lady really takes the air out of the crème puff, since he comes across very believable.

He apparently attended an open lecture, back in 2010 - not exactly 'COSMIC TOP SECRET'...

https://royalsociety.org/science-events-and-lectures/2010/extra-terrestrial-life-satellite/

"When Pope worked there, the UFO Desk amounted to just that: a desk ("It was me and an admin assistant"). The pay grade for the job was D, just above the tea lady".

Post in thread 'Nick Pope' https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/nick-pope.3645/post-2156431

View attachment 53465
A one-legged tea lady too. And is that a shadow entity peeping around the door frame on the left of the photo?

The Society’s conclusion was an alien invasion is not a good thing, but people in general would not be shocked as the Society believes in general most people have been conditioned through media that we are not alone.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/former-mod-ufo-adviser-said-26501950
I think they would be seriously shocked. Because most of the aliens depicted in media are strikingly unbelievable.

As Charlie Brown stated above, here in the USA Mr. Pope continually appears on our History Channel, has been for years.
He is very highly respected.

As Charlie Brown stated above, here in the USA Mr. Pope continually appears on our History Channel, has been for years.
He is very highly respected.
You can be highly respected and dead wrong :) . It's happened often enough.

But that's not what I'm suggesting, I'm suggesting an intelligent alien lifeform - intelligent enough to achieve interstellar transport - could be of a physical and mental form utterly beyond our normal comprehension. Most aliens represented in our media are humanoid, or occasionally of other recognisable if distorted earthly forms.

Star Trek occasionally rose above the stereotypes, not many other items in the media have.

But that's not what I'm suggesting, I'm suggesting an intelligent alien lifeform - intelligent enough to achieve interstellar transport - could be of a physical and mental form utterly beyond our normal comprehension. Most aliens represented in our media are humanoid, or occasionally of other recognisable if distorted earthly forms.

Star Trek occasionally rose above the stereotypes, not many other items in the media have.
True enough - I once asked a computer expert what the next step could possibly be, after computers.
He replied that there was only one thing possible - Robots. He said that robots would control our future in one way or another, and that robots would be sent by other civilizations to check us out.
That was years ago, and with the advent of robots to do our cleaning, etc., I now believe he was correct.

You can be highly respected and dead wrong :) . It's happened often enough.

It isn't so much the physical differences that real aliens might potentially display as the attitudinal (is that a word?) ones that fascinate (and concern) me, by which I mean cultural and lifestyle and philosophical differences (even those concepts might not be recognisable to them). Might they have no concept of the value of an individual life, for instance? Not that some humans have that though! But ideas that seem hardwired (to a degree) into our species/civilisation (money, war, love, self-preservation, altruism, kindness, mercy, honour, trust etc) may just not be understood by them. That would be what would make then truly alien. That, and the slimy tentacles.

... I'm suggesting an intelligent alien lifeform - intelligent enough to achieve interstellar transport - could be of a physical and mental form utterly beyond our normal comprehension. Most aliens represented in our media are humanoid, or occasionally of other recognisable if distorted earthly forms. ...

And ... We have a thread specifically dedicated to how alien aliens might seem to us ...

How 'Alien' Might Aliens Be? (Biologically; Mentally)?
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/how-alien-might-aliens-be-biologically-mentally.65799/

True enough - I once asked a computer expert what the next step could possibly be, after computers.
He replied that there was only one thing possible - Robots. He said that robots would control our future in one way or another, and that robots would be sent by other civilizations to check us out.
That was years ago, and with the advent of robots to do our cleaning, etc., I now believe he was correct.
If the Men in Black were not imagined/hoaxed/projection/multidimensional then they may well have been biological robots of a kind. On that note, have there been any recent MiB reports..?

This is just my opinion.

Ufologist have always speculated for years what should happen if a not so friendly E.T. showed up to take over our world.

The scenes from Ukraine have been disturbing to me, and I think this what an alien invasion would look like, total destruction and scared people fleeing in the streets.

So, let’s hope if an alien invasion shows up, that it is friendly.

Now I understand what England went through during the bombing of London.

Wait a second guys - just like we travel to the planets Mars and Venus, and also the moon -
We travel there for samples of their air and soil and to see what (if anything) exists there, and their weather and atmosphere.
It's curiosity, and why wouldn't other civilizations be curious about our planet?
And about the destruction that humans are capable of on their own planet??
And, of course, how we can affect them.

View attachment 53465

In the civil service grade D isn't just above the tea lady, however it's certainly not senior. About the beginning of middle management I'd say, so very unlikely he saw or worked on anything particularly sensitive. I've often wondered how much his previous colleagues laugh about him, although I suspect he's laughing his way to the bank nowadays...

Wait a second guys - just like we travel to the planets Mars and Venus, and also the moon -
We travel there for samples of their air and soil and to see what (if anything) exists there, and their weather and atmosphere.
It's curiosity, and why wouldn't other civilizations be curious about our planet?
And about the destruction that humans are capable of on their own planet??
And, of course, how we can affect them.
I think if Aliens have visited Mars first and then Earth next they might have too much to take in as not just life, air, soil, food, animals weather but also sports, politics, music, drink, Cannabis, Theatre, entrainment differ races and religion and of course reality Tv :(

There is an idea that earth people are the invaders of the solar system since tardigrades on our probes and satellites live in space.

Imagine landing on Mars and a giant earth tardigrade from radiation exposure attacks the Mars landing party.

Back